• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Syder

Are non-French people and non-Barça fans interested in tonight's game ?
Why wouldn't they? Barça are pretty fragile at the moment and Busquets and Iniesta are only just returning. This is probably PSG's best chance of proving they can challenge in Europe with their recent signings.

OCD Guy

Why wouldn't they? Barça are pretty fragile at the moment .

Yeah without their front three they'd be nothing special at all.

Sergio Busqets seems to be on the decline, and they just don't look that solid at the back.

Their midfield 3 was so strong at one point but I just can't see anyone coming in to get it back to the way it was, certainly no one in the squad now anyway.

It certainly won't be a walkover for Barca tonight. But who know's. I would have expected Man City to put Celtic to shame and that never happened either lol

OCD Guy

Not the greatest start for Barca. PSG are controlling the game so far.

The only issue for PSG is if Neymar, Suarez or Messi get a similar chance to what Cavani or Matuidi have had they likely won't miss....

OCD Guy

Where is Iniesta and Messi today? Are they playing? lol

Seriously they better hope Neymar doesn't go off injured as he's the only one looking close to creating anything.

edit 2-0. Maybe that'll wake them up.

Well done Draxler, he's played well tonight

OCD Guy

Glad to see the smug barca getting what they deserve.

It's like they thought all they had to do was turn up to win....

PSG need to bury this game so Barca have a mountain to climb at Nou Camp.

Even though PSG have been controlling this game, Barca have 3 players that can just pull a goal out of their arse...

OCD Guy

We're so good ��

Verratti is very underrated, and not sure why. He's one of the best playmakers out there at the minute.

Yeah if it stays 2-0 going into half...you never know with MSN.....

Yeah Barca need to turn it up a notch second half, or they're going to be going into the second leg 4 or 5 nil down.

They're not really pressing and allowing people like Verratti and Di Maria time to just carve them open. This match is really showing how poor Messi's work rate actually is too..

OCD Guy

Nothings changed, no pressing, and they can't even string more than 3 passes in a row.

This match is done....

Barca will get a consolation away goal but no chance of drawing or a win as things stand.

OCD Guy

This is laughable now. They just watched Di Maria run towards them lol

Why ain't they closing anyone down. As I said it stays like this it's gonna be 4 or 5...

OCD Guy

Why take Di Maria off for Lucas Moura lol.

He has no work rate, and certainly can't pass as well. DI Maria is on a hat trick and arguably man of the match.

Fuckin hell....

I hope Unai doesn't think it's a good idea chilling out, as Barca could still win overall if it stays 3-0 or and if they get an away goal they can easily knock a few goals at home.

PSG need to completely kill Barca off so the 2nd leg becomes irrelevant.

OCD Guy

I saw the highlight for goal 2 and 3, what in the hell is Barca's defense doing lol

Yeah no closing down at all, just watching PSG run towards them.

They've looked shaky at the back for a long time. Normally though their fullbacks have been good at going forward which gives them numbers but Sergio Roberto is not even in the same league as Alves was for them, and Jordi Alba is invisible. Add Umtitti to the mix in central defence and you've got a nightmare.

Their midfield 3 is not even that hot nowadays, Iniesta is great but getting on, Busquets is on the decline, and fuck knows why Gomes is playing infront of Rakitic. Although no one is going to replace Xavi.

OCD Guy

I did say

Yeah Barca need to turn it up a notch second half, or they're going to be going into the second leg 4 or 5 nil down.

They're not really pressing and allowing people like Verratti and Di Maria time to just carve them open. This match is really showing how poor Messi's work rate actually is too..

I know I've said it about 5 times now, but WHY NO CLOSING DOWN. They're watching PSG play. C'mon Enrique, it was obvious what was going wrong in the first half, what did you say to them at half-time??

Top Bottom