• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Pachimari

OCD Guy

All this talk of Real having a crap defence shocks me.

Real in my opinion have a better squad than barca right now, and the defence isn't even comparable. Ramos, and Varane I'd take over Umtitti and Pique. Pique isn't that good defensively, he's better at passing the ball than tackling.

And then you have Marcelo going forward too, he's a threat, Barca don't really have any threats like that from the fullbacks.

On paper Real would win this, but they've had a few dodgy results, so if they don't really turn up tonight then Napoli will finish them off. The only thing is I can't see certain players from Real not giving a fuck the way barca played last night. There'll be more hunger there without a doubt. Barca played like they hate the manager lol

I can see this being a good game, and certainly not one sided like last night was. I'm still deciding which game to watch, Real Napoli or Arsenal Bayern.....

LeleSocho

Banned
If you thought Barca's defence was crap, just watch Madrid's tonight. Napoli is gonna fuck us up :(

Ahahahahah i wish, i think in only 4 or 5 matches this season we have managed to not concede a goal to our opponents.
Zdenek Zeman's philosophy of "just make one more goal than your opponent" is strong in this team...
I just hope we are not getting humiliated tonight because Napoli is playing a really great football in this period and it would suck if the morale will sunk with these two matches.

Coffinhal

If you thought Barca's defence was crap, just watch Madrid's tonight. Napoli is gonna fuck us up :(

Not only the defence

giphy.gif

Kimpembe also took half of Messi in his pocket

Bayern XI: Neuer, Lahm, Martinez, Hummels, Alaba, Alonso, Vidal, Thiago, Robben, Costa, Lewandowski

Arsenal XI: Ospina, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Gibbs, Xhaka, Coquelin, Ozil, Ox, Iwobi, Alexis

Wouldn't be surprised to see Arsenal get smashed again like they did last time they went to Bayern.

Ospina in the starting 11? What the fuck...

He's been the CL keeper for Arsenal all season and has shown no reasons to be dropped.
Some of the fans are arguing that Cech hasn't had the best of seasons anyways - I think it's justified that he keeps his CL spot.

OCD Guy

Well done Arsenal, show Robben onto his strong foot, he barely scores goals like that when he cuts inside.....

It's actually a joke how strong Bayern are, literally strong in every positon and look at the players who don't make the first team. Their bench would make first team in most sides.

It's only when you look at a team like Arsenal and wonder how many of their first team would get into the first team of other big clubs? Maybe 3 players and then Wenger has the audacity to tell the media what players he could have bought....Arsenal need some new players and more importantly a new manager.

Kill3r7

He goes to his left EVERY. TIME. So infuriating...you would think the Arsenal players would understand...

To be fair, Robben has undone world class defenders with that move. Everyone in the world at this point knows he is going to go inside but they can't stop it. That said, Coquelin literally invited him to cut inside there.

OCD Guy

I get Wenger wants to keep a solid defensive shape, but because they're not pressing at all they're inviting pressure, and we've already seen what Bayern can do from distance, there were signs just before Robben scored.

He needs to change it up....

edit: never a penalty

OCD Guy

The way Arsenal are suddenly tackling, (and then complaining about it) it's only a matter of time before Xhaka gives us one of his famous two footers and get's sent off.

I'd love to see Sanchez get sent off....

Alaba is pure dog shit
Just stares at the ball and let's sanchez get it

Maybe not dog shit lol, I think he's a very good (and versatile player) but the defence was all over the place. You could see Neuer was going mad.

Even though Wenger looked smug when Sanchez scored, he won't be smiling at full time. I can't see this ending in a draw, or Arsenal winning. I can honestly see them finishing on 10 men too the way they're jumping in all of a sudden. This referee looks unstable and he's gonna give plenty of fucked up decisions.

Tunoku

The way Arsenal are suddenly tackling, (and then complaining about it) it's only a matter of time before Xhaka gives us one of his famous two footers and get's sent off.

I'd love to see Sanchez get sent off....

That would be Sanchez first red card ever, I believe. But Xhaka might happen.

---

Oh that shot by Granit! A little too central, but nicely done.

Top Bottom