• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

If I could watch one footballer at their very best it would be Ronaldinho. Forget Maradona, Pele, Marcus Stewart, Messi, Ronaldo (fat or thin).

Ronaldinho, for me, was an absolute joy to watch when he could be bothered. The problem was he never seemed as determined as the real greats of the game.

It'd be Maradona for me, the man was an individual tour de force he elevated the entire team and wherever he was on the pitch he could turn a game to his advantage. He could be in the box in his own half cut a midfield with a pass then be on the opponents goal whilst making it all look normal. Plus he did a lot of it whilst high as a fucking kite.

Syder

Messi is just completely masking all of Barça's problems at the moment.
16864099_10155259114124305_3800225083095161434_n.png

Tosyn_88

Seville will massacre Leicester and not even in a good way. The English club has been in such a poor mental state, that it would take some sort of extra miracle to make them get a draw against the Spanish side.

DBT85

Seville will massacre Leicester and not even in a good way. The English club has been in such a poor mental state, that it would take some sort of extra miracle to make them get a draw against the Spanish side.

Leicester to get a 1-1 draw and Troopz to go crazy at the little ham roll getting the equaliser.

Jarnet87

Maybe Vardy and Mahrez will show up tonight, showcase themselves for other clubs.

DBT85

Both the Football Association and the Gambling Commission have opened an investigation into Sutton United goalkeeper Wayne Shaw eating a pie on TV during the FA Cup fifth round tie against Arsenal on Monday night.

Glad they are tackling the real issues in the sport. I look forward to them investigating Joey Barton being savagely shot in the face with a howitzer during the Lincoln game too.

Syder

Glad they are tackling the real issues in the sport. I look forward to them investigating Joey Barton being savagely shot in the face with a howitzer during the Lincoln game too.
It's funny because Barton has said on twitter before that the FA should retrospectively punish players for diving/feigning injuries.

Beefy

@jimwhite

Sutton United has asked reserve keeper Wayne Shaw to resign - he's agreed.

tbf you really can't just let people manipulate betting markets like that. Their sponsor being the ones to offer the bet adds a whole other layer of Harry Redknapp-style 2+2=obvious corruption to the mix.

Always found bets like that a bit weird tbh. If they happen, it looks strange and questionable since they're so easy to manipulate. All he had to do was eat a pie during a lull in play, and make sure he was in full view of a camera.

DBT85

@jimwhite

Sutton United has asked reserve keeper Wayne Shaw to resign - he's agreed.

That's a shame.

tbf you really can't just let people manipulate betting markets like that. Their sponsor being the ones to offer the bet adds a whole other layer of Harry Redknapp-style 2+2=obvious corruption to the mix.

Always found bets like that a bit weird tbh. If they happen, it looks strange and questionable since they're so easy to manipulate. All he had to do was eat a pie during a lull in play, and make sure he was in full view of a camera.

I get it but they offered the bet, and so far in advance that he knew about it going into the game. They must have known all of his mates could have gone and put money on it with the nod to him to do it.

The bet is basically, "will a man eat a pie", something so hilariously easy to manipulate that it should never have been offered.

elseanio

Was 8/1 the actual odds, or was it a "new customers" thing where you have to bet through your winnings 5 times?

It's essentially the same as when bet365 offered odds on Wenger wearing a coat..

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Was 8/1 the actual odds, or was it a "new customers" thing where you have to bet through your winnings 5 times?

It's essentially the same as when bet365 offered odds on Wenger wearing a coat..

it was regular odds

Sun are scum, I have no sympathy for them, at the same time you can't encourage spot fixing

Top Bottom