• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Beefy

mXIk4oK.jpg

Bye

Tosyn_88

Man utd should be calling Monaco to book some signings like Fabinho and Bakayoko, same for Arsenal especially considering how feather weight thier middle is. City should also be looking to tap up the full backs

Man utd should be calling Monaco to book some signings like Fabinho and Bakayoko, same for Arsenal especially considering how feather weight thier middle is. City should also be looking to tap up the full backs

They can keep the full backs as far as I'm concerned both defences were appalling. Plus I'd like to see Monaco develop they don't need the money and are playing fun to watch football.

DBT85

PL players can move to China outside of windows?
Transfer window only applies to registering new players. You can sell any time you want provided the other team can register the player in their own window.

If we get money for him it'll be a bonus, I think most fans will be quite happy. Thanks for the memories, at one time he was one of the best strikers around, but his lack of respect for his own body has shown through and now it's like watching a wardrobe play football. Glad he got the record before he goes though.

The amount of grief Wayne Rooney gets never cease to amaze me.

The man is the all time leading scorer for both Manchester United and England. But apparently he's the shittest thing that's ever happened in football.

DBT85

Man Utd fans make it sound like that

Naa, I think its like Arsenal fans and Wenger. They know he was amazing, made a huge contribution and they have a huge respect for what he has done in the past, but it's time now and probably was a year or so ago. He was a truly great player for several years, then Moyes gave him a huge long contract and he's not been the same player at all.

I can't fathom anyone who actually watched him play in the last 2-3 years thinking anything different. He has moments of brilliance, but game after game the ball would bounce off him, passes were short or inaccurate, play was slow and he held up the team. Gaal would never drop him because he was the captain and Mourinho has gradually phased him out even when pundits were saying he was still a great player when everyone could surely see that that Wayne Rooney didn't exist any more.

He's scored goals fans will never forget and lots of them, he's played blinders when we've needed him, and he's led the line for over a decade and from a very young age to boot. He's had ridiculous pressure on him from the press and fans for both United and England and he's now got both records which with both stand for a long time as a testament to his ability and his talent.

With that said, however, he has not aged well at all, and that may in part be due to how young he started playing so regularly, but also must also come down to his choices with his own lifestyle. That has been a great shame to see, as with better application to his physical condition he could have scored even more and played even longer.

He is and always will be a legend at the club, just as Wenger will be at Arsenal when he finally calls it a day, just as Terry will be at Chelsea, etc. Neville will also always be a legend at the club, but if he has carried on playing 4 years longer, everyone would have been calling for him to go too.

Read a couple of comment sections on a sports page's Facebook.

(I mean don't, like you shouldn't for all social media comment sections, but you'll see it)

Never read comments. It's like thinking all Arsenal fans are like Troopz.

Pachimari

Holy shit! Wayne Rooney is leaving Manchester United? Seriously? He had such a lucrative contract in England, I guess the Chinese got way more money to pay him.

DBT85

Holy shit! Wayne Rooney is leaving Manchester United? Seriously? He had such a lucrative contract in England, I guess the Chinese got way more money to pay him.

Talk is 600k a week. Crazy money.

Lots of rumours at the moment though, some saying he'll go at the end of the year, others saying hell go now. If he's not gone by Tuesday then he's staying as that's when the window closes.

Best thing that could happen for United going forward. Getting rid of the last of Ferguson's lot will help move the team forward and help develop the new ethos that is based on the present and future rather than the past.

It was clear Rooney was done a few years ago at the highest level, often happens with players that are physically strong at a young age, and because he was a power player he lacked the vision, finesse or technical ability to successfully drop back. When he was 28 he was moving like he was in his mid thirties, Ibrahimovic who is 35 is more dynamic, explosive and has highlights how much Rooney dropped off the pace.

Pachimari

Best thing that could happen for United going forward. Getting rid of the last of Ferguson's lot will help move the team forward and help develop the new ethos that is based on the present and future rather than the past.

It was clear Rooney was done a few years ago at the highest level, often happens with players that are physically strong at a young age, and because he was a power player he lacked the vision, finesse or technical ability to successfully drop back. When he was 28 he was moving like he was in his mid thirties, Ibrahimovic who is 35 is more dynamic, explosive and has highlights how much Rooney dropped off the pace.

Yeah I agree Rooney has been past his best for a while, and it's a good move for Manchester United. I'm just still surprised to actually see it happen, him leaving and all.

Pachimari

Varane has been absolutely hideous. Probably the worst of the bunch tonight. We gotta bring back Jesus Vallejo or Llorente this Summer just in case. And Pepe is leaving anyway.

Mory Dunz

Leicester's Summer signings were atrocious. Their only defensive signing left in January.

I still think Musa is a good player, but this team is garbage right now and he's not supposed to be a winger if I remember him at Moscow correctly.

So that doesn't help

Syder

I still think Musa is a good player, but this team is garbage right now and he's not supposed to be a winger if I remember him at Moscow correctly.

So that doesn't help
Musa and Slimani are good players but they already had Vardy, Ulloa & Okazaki. Trade that 30m spent on Slimani for a decent centre back.

Syder

British commentators always have to have say something about La Liga.

Every match.
Like clockwork
'Well, is it that good of a league? I mean, it's got the best teams and the best players and it's really entertaining but is it that good?' - insipid BT commentary, probably.

Mory Dunz

'Well, is it that good of a league? I mean, it's got the best teams and the best players and it's really entertaining but is it that good?' - insipid BT commentary, probably.

"physicality this physicality that. Harder fouls. Speed of premier league, pace of permier league, power of premier league. Wet day at Stoke"

Me: -_-

My armchair psychology take is: They want to say it's best league in the world, but they don't do well in the Champion's league so they can't say "best". So they say everything else.

Syder

Best in quality at the top =/= Most entertaining which a lot of the pundits of the BT ilk in particular cannot reconcile in their tiny minds.

I think the Championship is a lot more entertaining than a lot of Europe's top leagues, for example.

Top Bottom