• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

NHale

And just like that I absolutely detest Leicester City Football Club and hope they get relegated.

Me too. I even regret rooting for them to get the title last year. Absolutely crazy. The person that got you something almost impossible is sacked 8 months later. A title for a team like Leicester is worth even being relegated.

I'm sure every fan outside of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Man United, Liverpool and Tottenham would definitely accept getting a title even if that meant being relegated the following year.

EmiPrime

What a fucking awful football club or more accurately what fucking awful owners. They still could have progressed to the quarter finals of the CL and scraped their way out of relegation, now they are fucked. Leicester fans are going to riot, at least I hope they will.

TeddyBoy

I don't think Ranieri should get a free pass and do think he should be sacked.

After watching Leicester over the last few weeks, they've been a team painful to watch and out played by pretty much everyone.

If they'd have kept Ranieri they would have almost certainly finished in the relegation zone, at least now they get a chance to stay up.

Icolin

Banned
Relevant:

g0IdSpc.png

EmiPrime

Wembley is terrible. I've been to a few matches there and always came away thinking it was really naff and soulless. The prospect of having to play a whole season there must be miserable.

Syder

Wembley is terrible. I've been to a few matches there and always came away thinking it was really naff and soulless. The prospect of having to play a whole season there must be miserable.
It's an absolute atmosphere vacuum. I've been to around 20 England games at the new Wembley and it's just not conducive to a good atmosphere; from the stupid aisles for queuing and the equally stupid prices to the insistence on playing chart music over the PA when crowds should be singing their own chants. The only good atmosphere I've experienced there was when we sold out our allocation at the 2012 play-off final and even then we had to suffer through the indignity of watching our team lift the trophy to Paradise by Coldplay. Just fuck off, you don't understand football.

DBT85

My only time at Wembley was for a Dolphins v Pirates game and then for the Palace v Watford playoff final. Both atmospheres were great at those, but they were special occasions. For a regular week in week out place it never seems to hit the spot.

Celta - Krasnodar
APOEL - Anderlecht
Schalke - Gladbach
Lyon - AS Roma
Rostov - Man Utd
Gent - Genk
Kobenhavn - Ajax
Olympiacos - Besiktas

great draw for the Belgian teams, at least 1 team in the QF

Audioboxer

Celta - Krasnodar
APOEL - Anderlecht
Schalke - Gladbach
Lyon - AS Roma
Rostov - Man Utd
Gent - Genk
Kobenhavn - Ajax
Olympiacos - Besiktas

great draw for the Belgian teams, at least 1 team in the QF

Good draw. This probably will be United's easiest way to get into the CL. Long trip? Cry me a river, the squad size is big enough to handle things and boo-hoo at 1st class flying. Although Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool are on dodgy form for the top 4.

Also, sacking Ranieri, take the L for that Leceister. Pretty much everyone besides your own fans want you going down now.

tim.mbp

Good draw. This probably will be United's easiest way to get into the CL. Long trip? Cry me a river, the squad size is big enough to handle things and boo-hoo at 1st class flying. Although Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool are on dodgy form for the top 4.

Also, sacking Ranieri, take the L for that Leceister. Pretty much everyone besides your own fans want you going down now.

Rostov could be pretty tough. They already beat Anderlecht, Ajax, Bayern (once) and two draws with PSV.

DBT85

Yeah, won't be easy, but I'd rather them than some of the other options.

Will be handy to see Lyon and Roma take each other out of contention too.

Audioboxer

Rostov could be pretty tough. They already beat Anderlecht, Ajax, Bayern (once) and two draws with PSV.

Potentially, but Mourinho won't underestimate them and put out an average side.

Better to avoid Lyon, Roma, Schalke and Ajax at this point if you ask me. As DBT85 said Lyon or Roma having to drop out now is good for the other teams.

NHale

Potentially, but Mourinho won't underestimate them and put out an average side.

Better to avoid Lyon, Roma, Schalke and Ajax at this point if you ask me. As DBT85 said Lyon or Roma having to drop out now is good for the other teams.

Also Schalke - Gladbach eliminates another potential contender imho. Especially if Schalke manages to go through. Gladbach caused a lot of difficulties to Man City in the group stage.

But to me on paper the big contenders right now appear to be Man United, Lyon, Besiktas and Roma. Olympiakos will not go far with Paulo Bento as their coach despite having a decent squad.

sora87

So the Leicester players were unhappy with Ranieri and got him sacked, despite being fucking shit all season and letting him down. What a bunch of twats tryna pass the blame. I hope they get relegated tbh.

Syder

So the Leicester players were unhappy with Ranieri and got him sacked, despite being fucking shit all season and letting him down. What a bunch of twats tryna pass the blame. I hope they get relegated tbh.
Craig Shakespeare has just come out and denied this. However, we know Ulloa wasn't happy with the manager so it could just be damage control.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
All the players should be ashamed, has any leicester player even looked like they've tried this season?

Pathetic.

psyer

I like it. Means Champions League should be on free broadcast TV via Univision and in HD for most viewers (fuck FS2). Hopefully it will also bring in some new on air talent to Turner. Sick of the usual Fox/ESPN crews.

Maybe they will have him as part of the coverage.

o-BARKELY-facebook.jpg

Top Bottom