• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

It's fucking SERGIO RAMOS!!!!!!!

THE LEGEND OF ALL.

Hala Madrid!

2-1
t6Qdkk7.jpg

Hala Madrid!!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Just catching up with Real's game. With James and Isco in the middle Real plays a totally different football, like there's actually some build up happening beyond constantly crossing the ball in the box.

Crossing the ball in the box works perfectly when Sergio Ramos is there though.

kmag

I just want to vent so feel free to ignore this, but having watched the old firm game on delay there. Eff me, really blatant unfair refereeing

Wild two footed shin high jumping tackle (thankfully the dirty bastard missed)
A9B7E5E1-3657-450B-9CC3-CB00D4268B35_zps36qmlljx.jpg

Result. Play on

Scissor tackle from behind.
0DB41DD4-2596-4D6B-B3ED-C6DB217D740F_zpsjkt6mxbg.jpg

Result. Play on

Last minute clean through on goal. Pull back outside of box, then waist high tackle inside of the box no contact on ball.

6AB25BEC-5D9E-47FE-870E-0E4F283D6F4E_zpsjtmcxfli.jpg

Result. Play on

Of course the referee is an ex-season ticket holder at Rangers, but it was basically WWE today and not for the first time. While Celtic are walking the league and it doesn't matter it was fucking disgraceful cheating today.

tim.mbp

Just catching up with Real's game. With James and Isco in the middle Real plays a totally different football, like there's actually some build up happening beyond constantly crossing the ball in the box.

Crossing the ball in the box works perfectly when Sergio Ramos is there though.

Real is where number 10s go to die.

Jarnet87

So Rooney, Martial and Rashford all ruled out for tomorrow's FA Cup game. Fellaini is likely to play up front with Mkhitaryan or Mata behind him in support. Lol Jose just throw the B team out there and be done with it.

I just want to vent so feel free to ignore this, but having watched the old firm game on delay there. Eff me, really blatant unfair refereeing

Wild two footed shin high jumping tackle (thankfully the dirty bastard missed)
A9B7E5E1-3657-450B-9CC3-CB00D4268B35_zps36qmlljx.jpg

Result. Play on

Scissor tackle from behind.
0DB41DD4-2596-4D6B-B3ED-C6DB217D740F_zpsjkt6mxbg.jpg

Result. Play on

Last minute clean through on goal. Pull back outside of box, then waist high tackle inside of the box no contact on ball.

6AB25BEC-5D9E-47FE-870E-0E4F283D6F4E_zpsjtmcxfli.jpg

Result. Play on

Of course the referee is an ex-season ticket holder at Rangers, but it was basically WWE today and not for the first time. While Celtic are walking the league and it doesn't matter it was fucking disgraceful cheating today.

Nothing about Scott Brown? Shocked.

kmag

Nothing about Scott Brown? Shocked.

Oh and Scott Brown should have probably have been off, I'm pretty happy to say that. Can see why the ref missed that as it was well off the ball, but none of these other incidents were, where they? The ref saw each of the above incidents and waved play on that baffles belief.. I'm even willing to say I can see why due to his terrible positioning he didn't give the penalty (although one wonders what he thought happened given how the ball moved), but he has no excuse for Holt or Miller.

He's an ex-Rangers season ticket holder, I know because my father used to work with him. Had a season ticket up to 2008 at least, used to go in on the EK Salmon Leap supporters bus. He was never giving a game changing decision against Rangers in an old firm match. WWE reffing.

To be fair, while the Holt one is a bad challenge, i don't think it's a red card and in normal speed, it does look like he takes the ball. Obviously he doesn't, but given the angles, I can see why the ref doesn't blow. Linesman should've done better though. Penalty is obviously a bad call and the Miller one blows my mind. Sure he's nowhere near the player, but that's just by luck.

Brown was at it off the ball the whole first half, had an earlier incident where he chucked himself to the ground in the middle of a counter attack for no reason, and then the backhand slap not long later. Again, no excuse for one of the many officials not to see one or both of those incidents.

But then Madden is truly awful, and like most refs in the league, bottles big decisions. Wasn't the reason you didn't win though, Celtic were terrible for a lot of that match and Rodgers chucked it away by bringing on Griffiths and leaving Brown to get the run around for the last 20 minutes.

Still, at least the keeper didn't decide to catch the ball about 3 yards outside his box this week, consider yourself lucky.

kmag

To be fair, while the Holt one is a bad challenge, i don't think it's a red card and in normal speed, it does look like he takes the ball. Obviously he doesn't, but given the angles, I can see why the ref doesn't blow. Linesman should've done better though. Penalty is obviously a bad call and the Miller one blows my mind. Sure he's nowhere near the player, but that's just by luck.

Brown was at it off the ball the whole first half, had an earlier incident where he chucked himself to the ground in the middle of a counter attack for no reason, and then the backhand slap not long later. Again, no excuse for one of the many officials not to see one or both of those incidents.

But then Madden is truly awful, and like most refs in the league, bottles big decisions. Wasn't the reason you didn't win though, Celtic were terrible for a lot of that match and Rodgers chucked it away by bringing on Griffiths and leaving Brown to get the run around for the last 20 minutes.

Still, at least the keeper didn't decide to catch the ball about 3 yards outside his box this week, consider yourself lucky.

It's a scissor from behind, it's verboten in pretty much every league in the world. It doesn't matter if he gets the ball, it's a leg breaker of a challenge, and it's only allowed if it's clearly not dangerous to the player, given how Roberts went down and stayed down it should have been a caution at the very least.

Celtic were poor, but they got kicked lumps out of by a referee willing to let it happen that takes a toll on a side. Hill got let off 3 times before getting booked, including one where the ref pulled out the yellow card said that's your 3rd and didn't book him (he ended up booked in the 2nd half).

Only in Scottish football would have a self admitted fan of a club referee that club in any game, nevermind a high profile derby.

Audioboxer

So Rooney, Martial and Rashford all ruled out for tomorrow's FA Cup game. Fellaini is likely to play up front with Mkhitaryan or Mata behind him in support. Lol Jose just throw the B team out there and be done with it.

Jose gonna park the bus and still lose 4-0. This is how AFTV feel before a big game.

Also, the man himself chucking the young players under the bus LOL

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho: "We cannot go with Nicky Butt's team [ie players from the under-23 team, managed by Butt]. Manchester United is too big. Manchester United is the winner of the competition.

"It is not Chelsea's fault that we were given this Monday match, so we have to make changes for sure... but we cannot go to Stamford Bridge with a Nicky Butt team."

So instead, arise King Fellaini.

Audioboxer

Fellaini hatrick incoming

More likely, Fellaini elbow on 43 minutes at 0-0, sending off, then Man Utd to collapse and lose 4-0. Jose to shave his head again, visibly look pissed off and frustrated but be curtailed/neutered by the Man Utd board to say "I don't comment on referee decisions anymore".

Chelsea fans to then rip the piss and state how Mourinho is a loose cannon. Bad times all round.

Jarnet87

I think at this point I would rather Fellaini up front then Rooney lol. At least Fellaini can battle physically with Chelsea's CBs. Rooney would be eaten up by those defenders. Playing with a false 9 like Mkhitaryan would also be a better alternative.

Audioboxer

I think at this point I would rather Fellaini up front then Rooney lol. At least Fellaini can battle physically with Chelsea's CBs. Rooney would be eaten up by those defenders. Playing with a false 9 like Mkhitaryan would also be a better alternative.

This is true about the King. However Luiz is going to be rolling around constantly holding his face.

One of the times it probably will be an actual elbow from the King. Chances are it'll be because Luiz and co will successfully wind him up.

Ibra also suspended I heard? Great opportunity for Chelsea to realise the double this season.

I wonder if our home reputation will supercede Jose's drawfactor. Maybe a win on penalties is the most likely outcome.

Audioboxer

Ibra also suspended I heard? Great opportunity for Chelsea to realise the double this season.

I wonder if our home reputation will supercede Jose's drawfactor. Maybe a win on penalties is the most likely outcome.

Ibra is out for 3 games, so instead of Drawinho we'll have Loseinho.

Zasa

So disappointed to see Sevilla playing their worst spell of football thus far under Sampoli, in one of the most crucial parts of the season. Especially with Leicester coming up tomorrow who've seem to actually put some effort now, offensively at least. They could've easily scored 4 in the first leg as Leicester were just utterly dominated all game, just hope it doesn't bite them back.

Empty

we are dismal let's be honest. so many long balls, so soft in midfield.

nowhere near a top side like chelsea and they aren't even playing very well.

Top Bottom