• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Lol if we win this, it'll make that Bournemouth draw look more embarrassing.

Definitely embarrassing.

How many does that make now? City, Sunderland, Bournemouth (twice) and West Ham that we screwed up. Ah what could've been.

Thank god for Coutinho and Firmino. Hopefully we keep this up.

Best wishes.

Should've played like this at 2-1 vs Bournemouth as well. Ah well, hopefully the closer we get the end of the season, more of the teams we play will be on the beach mentally.

Dark Rider

That potential 5 points league lead? just shrunk to 3 points

We need to focus all our efforts on the Bayern game to minimize the damage as much as possible. I think they will win but the dream is to get positive result

Dark Rider

Bayern vs. Real could go either way. At that level, there are too many things that can happen.

Exhaustion as a result of playing top 5 teams one after another do actually matter and make an impact on any team, in this case Real Madrid will be impacted.

potentially it could go either way and anything could happen just like that 5 potential lead points we had in La Liga before today match

realistically there will be damage to Real Madrid because of the schedule and it started showing today. The question is what we will have left after it.

Exhaustion as a result of playing top 5 teams one after another do actually matter and make an impact on any team, in this case Real Madrid will be impacted.

potentially it could go either way and anything could happen just like that 5 potential lead points we had in La Liga before today match

realistically there will be damage to Real Madrid because of the schedule and it started showing today. The question is what we will have left after it.
tenor.gif

Syder

Bottom half is so weird this season. If we win at Sunderland next week we could go as high as 8th.

Really hard to call who will take the final relegation place.

Jack cw

Lewandowski is alright: just a bruise he said. He is going to play against Real :)
Dortmunds tactic to destroy him for the cup semi didn't work out...

Dark Rider

Facts of life m8 you can't dispute that

Malaga in front 1-0 against Barcelona.

they will die 1-4 in the second half. Barcelona want to go all in to capitalize on the derby result. They have to face a top 5 team (Juventus) though so they need to watch out for their players and not tire their players in this game so playing with least effort is what resulted in the 1-0 lead to Malaga in the first half

Pachimari

Hell yeah, let's get that league! Turned out to be a good week after all:

TCgLyOW.png

It's only the second time ever Malaga has won against Barcelona at home.

Kolx

Yeah, that's La Liga wrapped up.

Real is shit tho. I can see Barca winning against them and 3 points is easily manageable considering Real can lose any match with this shitshow of a performance. Barca is also shit which makes this unpredictable imo.

Dark Rider

And yet they're 2-0 in front. Realistic analyzing and stuff like that just don't always work out in football.

Now, let's go beat Bayern and Barcelona!

I didn't say realistic analyzing predicts the results 100% of the time correctly. It just work most of the time so I always take it into account and never ignore it. I would love to beat Bayern and Barcelona so I hope we start playing in our form to achieve that but I will not consider it a done deal until it is a done deal. As it stands we can afford to lose points in Barcelona match more than Bayern match so ifIi had to choose I would like our luck to be in Bayern match.

Well, congrats on the league, Real Madrid.

Barcelona certainly doesn't deserve it this season.

You get to rest one of your main players the next league match to go all out on Juventus in the second leg. Also if you win el Classico then you would be only 3 points behind.

Syder

Real is shit tho. I can see Barca winning against them and 3 points is easily manageable considering Real can lose any match with this shitshow of a performance. Barca is also shit which makes this unpredictable imo.
Yeah, nothing has been wrapped at this point. Both teams can drop points with their current forms.
Real have been winning games despite not being that great in games. That's Championship winning form when Barça have had so many chances to catch them.

Syder

Players I'd be interested in picking up from the teams that will/might get relegated:

• Gylfi Sigurðsson
  • Jordan Pickford
  • Harry Maguire
  • Leroy Fer
  • Wilfried Zaha
  • Andrew Robertson
  • Patrick van Aanholt
  • Jermain Defoe

Feel like Zaha and Sigurðsson are gonna be the hot property if their teams go down. Someone would obviously throw bids in for Bentekkers as well but maybe not a Prem side.

Mane, Lallana and Henderson out. Coutinho is injury prone and ill and our bench only has youth and fringe players at the moment. Really wishing we had landed Draxler in winter now.

We got lucky today that Klopp's tactics came into fruition. I'm just hoping this continues for the coming weeks. Any idea on when Lallana and Henderson will be back? It really irritates me how Henderson hasn't managed to complete a full season as Captain since Gerrard left.

Speaking of Gerrard, man has no chill. Liverpool immediately started to do badly as soon as he comes back. Couldn't have waited a few more months bruh?

Best wishes.

Tubie

I just want Real to win La Liga this season :( its been too damn long.

It would not be the worst thing in the world if Bayern knocks Madrid out now.

Allows them to fight to the death for La Liga.

Pachimari

I just want Real to win La Liga this season :( its been too damn long.

It would not be the worst thing in the world if Bayern knocks Madrid out now.

Allows them to fight to the death for La Liga.
Yeah. All I want this season the La Liga. That's the important one. We haven't won if for 7 years. It is time now.

Top Bottom