• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

spidye

Real are so screwed it's not even funny. Well, it's funny if you're Barca or Bayern.

The score this Wednesday will be embarrassing.

nope it won't. this game will be closer than anyone will think.

we are talking about real here and not arsenal or a pep managed team

Amandeep

Mhiki goal looked so casual, doesn't look like Sunderland will be coming back anytime soon

Edit: YEEEEE Rashford!!!!! Always good too see him score

longdi

Banned
This Zlatan lad looks pretty good, sure made a smooth transition from a lower league to a top one without sweat (sure it is still sunderland). What a waste he spent his prime years cruising with oil money..

I think he is even older than Rooney, is the white Pele still injured or has he moved to China?

Jarnet87

This Zlatan lad looks pretty good, sure made a smooth transition from a lower league to a top one without sweat (sure it is still sunderland). What a waste he spent his prime years cruising with oil money..

I think he is even older than Rooney, is the white Pele still injured or has he moved to China?

Roo has been in and out for awhile now. He played one game in March, one in April. These days you can't tell the difference between him playing and him not even being on the bench.

Thought it was an overall poor performance from United but 3 points, 3 goals to the positive. Was hoping the play would be better to rev up for rough run in. Need to hit another gear midweek for Anderlecht and then Chelsea.

Audioboxer

The white Pele 😂

Makareu

Unless my sarcasm detector is broken, Zlatan "wasted" his prime with the Juventus, Inter Milan AC and Barcelona. But I get that unless it happens in England it doesn't count.

Pachimari

We will do fine with Sergio Ramos and Nacho in the center, and Casemiro in front of them. We should just be careful with letting both wingbacks run up the field. But yeah, it's definitely not gonna be easy.

Audioboxer

Ferguson out of all people coined that.

Really? Must have missed that.

Shame what's happened to Rooney. Has been an excellent player but not taking good enough care of his body and money/fame getting too much. He could've been a Carrick/Giggs at United, or even Zlatan (going into mid/late 30s). Instead he's got a testimonial and then being shipped to China at 31/32.

No way he can reverse his fitness/form for next season and not be a permanent bench warmer. Jose wanting to cut that wage balance as well. Basti freed up a bit, Rooney next.

Beefy

Wish this narrative would just die off.

Clearly something was up with Ranieri unfortunately.

Nah, the players didn't want to play for him. Teams don't turn around this much if it is just a coach/manager problem.

-------------------------

Schneiderlin again being played wrong. I don't get why teams think he is a out and out defensive mid.

Wish this narrative would just die off.

Clearly something was up with Ranieri unfortunately.
It's just a joke. Still rooting for you guys to win the CL.

Nah, the players didn't want to play for him. Teams don't turn around this much if it is just a coach/manager problem.

Mixture of both probably. Same thing happened with Mourinho at Chelsea. Anyway firing Ranieri was clearly the right move.

OptaJoe‏ @OptaJoe 18s

23 - Romelu Lukaku (23 goals) has now scored more Premier League goals than Middlesbrough (22 goals) this season. Perspective.

DBT85

OptaJoe‏ @OptaJoe 18s

23 - Romelu Lukaku (23 goals) has now scored more Premier League goals than Middlesbrough (22 goals) this season. Perspective.

He's also done it in 14 different games which I think is important. Berba scored 21 for United one year but 11 of them came in 3 games. He only actually scored in 11 games in the PL that year.

Goal 1 is often important, goal 3 or goal 5? Far less so.

Klopp told Mignolet after the final whistle he should have held the point-blank attempts from Charlie Adam & Saido Berahino

Mignolet: "He said to me: 'Don't give corners away! Keep the ball in your hands, don't push it away - he's always there to have a joke!"

Genius.

Top Bottom