• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Martinez is on bar with Hummels and he is in form
No? Hummels is one of the best CBs in the world. Martinez is in good form and a great CB, whose a world class DM. Seriously, there is nothing Martinez has over Hummels other than being more physical. Saying that he is in good form like you said, and there could have been worse injuries during this time of the year. First I've ever heard someone say Martinez = or better than Hummels. :p

And according to Hummel's twitter, he said it's likely a 2 game delay. So he should be back. I'm a bit worried how Boatank will be after missing so much time. One wrong move and it's a goal from BBC on the counter.

Carl2291

I'm so ready for this.

troopf.jpg

Carl2291

When you consider that 4 out of Arsenal's last 7 league games are against Leicester, Spurs, United and Everton it doesn't look too much better.

If Everton beat them to 6th it'll be the funniest thing to ever happen in the PL.

Rush_Khan

When you consider that 4 out of Arsenal's last 7 league games are against Leicester, Spurs, United and Everton it doesn't look too much better.

If Everton beat them to 6th it'll be the funniest thing to ever happen in the PL.
I'd prefer 7th tbh. The more damage that's done this season, the more changes that will be made.

NHale

I'm not even mad Robbie. You feel me fam? I'm expecting we to get beat by everyone blud. Wenger downgrades us. Robbie, I'm not going home today. My family is all Totttenham and I'm embarassed blud. Wenger should retire today fam. Ozil is embarassing, get the fuck out blud. 250k a week, are you out of your fucking mind son. 250k? For a fucking hamroll? Bellerin is a joke, he keeps trying his stylish hair and forgets to play football fam. Go to Barcelona you fucking worthless. Xhaka over Kante. Are you high blud? You are senile Wenger. WENGA OUT!

Jose92

[Membe
Wenger messed up the team selection and the substitution, i am not an arsenel fan so i don't watch them week in week out.

But choosing welbeck over Giroud was a mistake putting moneral as left back another mistake. Insisting on playing Xhaka after all his bad performances is a mystery for me.

Then we come to substitutions. taking elneny out instead of Xhak, who was lost a lot of missed passes, bad tracking back, and bad positioning another mistake. Taking welbeck out at the the 67th minute or so instead of at half time another mistake.

But not all the blame falls on Wenger, Ozil was mediocre at best. Walcot was non existent. Gabriel was bad and caused multiple goals today.

Dark Rider

No? Hummels is one of the best CBs in the world. Martinez is in good form and a great CB, whose a world class DM. Seriously, there is nothing Martinez has over Hummels other than being more physical. Saying that he is in good form like you said, and there could have been worse injuries during this time of the year. First I've ever heard someone say Martinez = or better than Hummels. :p

I don't see where I said who was better than who so I don't know why you are trying to counter an argument that I did not make. All I said was the Martinez is on bar in general and being on form boost that performance a bit more (notice I'm still not saying who is better than who because that is really subjective) and the thing is I think he is more suited for our game than Hummels. That does not mean Hummels is less but sometimes a player is better executing certain match plans or against certain play styles.

And according to Hummel's twitter, he said it's likely a 2 game delay. So he should be back. I'm a bit worried how Boatank will be after missing so much time. One wrong move and it's a goal from BBC on the counter.

So he will be playing the second leg so that would be perfect for you personally.
I don't know who would be countering who in this match and the BBC are in a very bad form now sadly

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That was the last straw for me, can't really defend Wenger anymore, him, the owners and most of our players need rid of

I don't see where I said who was better than who so I don't know why you are trying to counter an argument that I did not make. All I said was the Martinez is on bar in general and being on form boost that performance a bit more (notice I'm still not saying who is better than who because that is really subjective) and the thing is I think he is more suited for our game than Hummels. That does not mean Hummels is less but sometimes a player is better executing certain match plans or against certain play styles.

So he will be playing the second leg so that would be perfect for you personally.
I don't know who would be countering who in this match and the BBC are in a very bad form now sadly
Other then Martinez being a bull aka stronger, there is nothing else that he offers that Hummels can't do just as good and in many aspects better from that position. So what exactly is better to have Martinez over Hummels for this tie?

Lewa prolly out for tomorrow.

Fucking hell.

Bro, have you SEEN that Madrid backline? My grandma can score, and she's dead. Now there's talk of Carvajal being injured too. Enjoy the thrashing.

Re: Arsenal, I don't even know anymore. I get migraines trying to understand those who defend Wenger.

That was an awesome match to watch yesterday, being a Crystal Palace fan. :)

Now I expect three points from the upcoming match against Liverpool also, considering that they have given up points against pretty much all the teams around Palace.

F34R

Now I expect three points from the upcoming match against Liverpool also, considering that they have given up points against pretty much all the teams around Palace.

Nooooooo!! Don't curse my Reds!!! (100% completely understand that it might happen though) :(

TimmmV

Hopefully the terms of Sakhos loan also include throwing the game trying less hard against Liverpool

But yes, I'm now expecting that too (and the same for every game for the rest of the season probs)

Dark Rider

Other then Martinez being a bull aka stronger, there is nothing else that he offers that Hummels can't do just as good and in many aspects better from that position. So what exactly is better to have Martinez over Hummels for this tie?

For example being a CB against players that are big physically like Ronalso and Bale you will need someone that has the physical aspect to push them out and that is just an example for you

Bro, have you SEEN that Madrid backline? My grandma can score, and she's dead. Now there's talk of Carvajal being injured too. Enjoy the thrashing.

I half expect him to still play while injured because we are missing other players too

If those two are in then we're out.

Bayern will have their full squad while Real Madrid is missing multiple key players its not even funny

Pachimari

Missing players shouldn't be an excuse at this stage, especially with the depth our squad has. Sergio Ramos and Nacho is a solid pairing. What about Danilo, is he out injured?

Hopefully the terms of Sakhos loan also include throwing the game trying less hard against Liverpool

But yes, I'm now expecting that too (and the same for every game for the rest of the season probs)

I think he's not allowed to play vs Liverpool, so you will be up against the might that is Martin Kelly instead (who actually did very as CB against Arsenal).

Top Bottom