• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I feel that besides the injuries this game against Bayern is out of Zizou's league. Real hasn't really played that well in a lot of recent games. But who knows, there are always some corners that can be used instead of build up play.

Or maybe Ronaldo will come out of the retirement one last time.

Dark Rider

Missing players shouldn't be an excuse at this stage, especially with the depth our squad has. Sergio Ramos and Nacho is a solid pairing. What about Danilo, is he out injured?

Danilo is shit
Marcelo is shit defensively (guess where most of our injuries are?) so he needs a solid CBs to cover up for him. Nacho is not good enough for this match unless he plays at 200% and Sergio Ramos can't cover the entire defense on his own not to mention when he does stupid mistakes that kills us. Guess who is on the other side of the defense? yes its the injured Carvajal so that will be a problem. and look at the front the BBC is completely dead for a while now and in absolute shit form. our team is in dire form and shape.

Having hope is one thing but flat out saying "no excuses" and "the depth our squad has" is (I'm sorry for saying this) delusional. To clarify the hope part in there is for either our players play out of their minds (the exact opposite of what they are doing now) or that Bayern players play like shit (which is the exact opposite of what they are doing now)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
17862489_1264183513618419_6291539586915442470_n.jpg

Seen this three times with three different teams

Pachimari

Danilo is shit
Marcelo is shit defensively (guess where most of our injuries are?) so he needs a solid CBs to cover up for him. Nacho is not good enough for this match unless he plays at 200% and Sergio Ramos can't cover the entire defense on his own not to mention when he does stupid mistakes that kills us. Guess who is on the other side of the defense? yes its the injured Carvajal so that will be a problem. and look at the front the BBC is completely dead for a while now and in absolute shit form. our team is in dire form and shape.

Having hope is one thing but flat out saying "no excuses" and "the depth our squad has" is (I'm sorry for saying this) delusional. To clarify the hope part in there is for either our players play out of their minds (the exact opposite of what they are doing now) or that Bayern players play like shit (which is the exact opposite of what they are doing now)
I know Danilo is shit. You don't have to correct me on all things Real Madrid. I tell you, Nacho will be up for it. But seriously, your "realistic negativity" is piss poor annoying. Cheer the fuck up and find some optimism in you. It is so tiring to read your posts.

We'll beat the shit out of Bayern.

HALA MADRID!

That was an awesome match to watch yesterday, being a Crystal Palace fan. :)

Now I expect three points from the upcoming match against Liverpool also, considering that they have given up points against pretty much all the teams around Palace.

Hopefully you'll be safe by then. Also I hope no Sakho and the fact our home record this season has been pretty good too will help us.

spidye

That's the spirit guys

We are talking about real against bayern, one of the best rivalries in world football
Even when both teams have injury problems, we are going to see 2 teams at the same level fighting for their lives

baaaayyeeeeeeeeern

Dark Rider

You don't have to correct me on all things Real Madrid

That was not my intention. I take what you said as your opinion and I was offering my own it was not my intention to sound like correcting you so I apologize if I did come across like I'm correcting you.

I tell you, Nacho will be up for it.

I hope so. He does on rare occasions go above and beyond but they are too rare for him to has a long term future in Real Madrid even as sub because we need a solid backup players. He needs to step up his game and I hope he does play from this match on at the top level.

But seriously, your "realistic negativity" is piss poor annoying. Cheer the fuck up and find some optimism in you. It is so tiring to read your posts.

I have fun being hopeful but can't help looking at the facts and feel maybe I need to keep my hopes in check (notice I didn't say throw my hopes out the window). So I can't be the yin to everyone yang? There must be some balance we can't all just be on a hype train that may or may not crash someone must point out that guys/gals it is possible this train will crash just throwing that out there it is likely so plan accordingly.

I apologize if this rain on the parade but rest assured I'm in the parade myself.
Okay I will try to not post a lot of yin or at least try to not annoy anyone.

We'll beat the shit out of Bayern.

HALA MADRID!

Oh what a parade that would be I really hope so.

A Real Madrid fan only believes in winning. Step up guys.
Exactly. We all know, realistically, Bayern will beat us. But that doesn't stop me from cheering on my team.

A Real Madrid fan only take winning as an acceptable result but still know when the team is not up for it, still will tell them losing is not an option all the same and demand the absolute best they can offer and a win at the end of the day despite all that.

And I will repeat this once more me being "realistically negative" does not mean I'm not cheering my team because I am. High or low I always cheer them.

EDIT:
That's the spirit guys

We are talking about real against bayern, one of the best rivalries in world football
Even when both teams have injury problems, we are going to see 2 teams at the same level fighting for their lives

baaaayyeeeeeeeeern

Setting up that high if your full squad team and in form win against injury ridden and out of form team innit

/banter

Pachimari

Nacho is the most improved player year over year this season. Nacho is as solid as a CB can be. He isn't world class but he is solid and reliable.

Dark Rider

Nacho is the most improved player year over year this season. Nacho is as solid as a CB can be. He isn't world class but he is solid and reliable.

I want him to be world class because he is playing for Real Madrid ;)
He is up against a world class team in this match too

casiopao

Ohhh man. I am getting scared here facing Barca.O_O

Hope Mad Max will be able to come out with proper tactics to bring us to victory.^_^

Dybala, Higuain, Mandzukic and Cuadrado should be able to score some goals for us while i hope Khedira and Pjanic will be able to hold that midfield for us.^^

FORZA Juve!!!!

casiopao

This is a Barca team to beat for Juve. If not now then when?

Juventus always had questionable thing happening in UCL lol. There is a reason why Juve hold the most final in UCL and yet win lesser than many its Serie A brethren.T_T

Edit: i am talking about Juventus own play there kay.O_O I am not complaining the ref lol.

I wonder how Juve are going to setup, full out attack and take the game to Barca or stretch the game until they get a 1-0 win, assuming they score or win lol.

If I were Juve I would pressure Barca and press like crazy, Gomes is the weak link, assuming he's fielded. Bousquets can turn on a dime and create counters real fast but I suspect Juve have a plan in place for that.

Hala Juve!

I've been saying Nacho and Kovacic are our two most improved players. But that being said, I don't think Nacho is physically capable of stopping Lewandowski.

Ramos is already on a yellow, he'll have a tough time too.

Assuming that Lewandowski plays.

casiopao

I wonder how Juve are going to setup, full out attack and take the game to Barca or stretch the game until they get a 1-0 win, assuming they score or win lol.

If I were Juve I would pressure Barca and press like crazy, Gomes is the weak link, assuming he's fielded. Bousquets can turn on a dime and create counters real fast but I suspect Juve have a plan in place for that.

Hala Juve!

Juventus will never go full attack. It is never in our DNA since the past and probably will stay to the far future. And with Max being our coach, it will be even worst as Max had the tendency of controlling tempo.

If we scored around 1 or 2 goals, expect to be frustrated when Juventus focus on holding the possession and defending there.

Busquest is not in the first game which is why i hope Max won't change any stupid thing for today and go for the kill first.

BUFFON
ALVES BONUCCI CHIELLINI SANDRO
KHEDIRA PJANIC
CUADRADO DYBALA MANDZUKIC
HIGUAIN

But i had the feeling that Max will change Sandro for Asamoah to focus more on defensive capabilities there while allowing us to have a powerful Sub to change the game tempo in the second half.

Pachimari

I would actually be fine if Bayern knocks us out. I think we've done well to come this far. The important one this season is La Liga. We haven't won that for 7 years.

It is time.

Juventus will never go full attack. It is never in our DNA since the past and probably will stay to the far future. And with Max being our coach, it will be even worst as Max had the tendency of controlling tempo.

If we scored around 1 or 2 goals, expect to be frustrated when Juventus focus on holding the possession and defending there.

Busquest is not in the first game which is why i hope Max won't change any stupid thing for today and go for the kill first.

BUFFON
ALVES BONUCCI CHIELLINI SANDRO
KHEDIRA PJANIC
CUADRADO DYBALA MANDZUKIC
HIGUAIN

But i had the feeling that Max will change Sandro for Asamoah to focus more on defensive capabilities there while allowing us to have a powerful Sub to change the game tempo in the second half.

i forgot about Busquets not being there the first game, that's a huge loss for them.

Sky makes it sound like a larger scale attack. Apparently explosives also took off under the bus. Take it with a grain of salt but fuck man

Also Bartra on the way/already in the hospital, thankfully doesn't seem too bad. Slight injuries on the arm/leg.

Sky makes it sound like a larger scale attack. Apparently explosives also took off under the bus. Take it with a grain of salt but fuck man

Also Bartra on the way/already in the hospital, thankfully doesn't seem too bad. Slight injuries on the arm/leg.

Wait, this could have been worse if true. Under the bus?!?! Who the fuck planned thisss

Wait, this could have been worse if true. Under the bus?!?! Who the fuck planned thisss
Like I said, take it with a grain of salt. Some Sky reporter heard it from a player(s) who also felt explosives under the bus take off. Could also be a misperception from the player or even straight up bullshit.

Not according to Borussia's Twitter?
Our stadium announcer just said to wait. Announcement at 20:30 according to BVB Twitter

Top Bottom