• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

We really need to ship off Costa in the summer. He has been worthless since the China transfer saga.

Yes. His moaning about London and his shit form basically guarantee he's gone and I'm fine with that. There are plenty of good forwards to go after this summer, now is the time to move him.

Bats can go too, for that matter. Our whole striker situation needs to be reworked.

Moobabe

Pretty rough performance, that. Two goals conceded at exactly the wrong time.

Won't labour the first too much, it's a handball and a great through ball.

We deserved nothing from the game.

To top it all off United will get battered by Spurs now.

Empty

chelsea's run in is quite soft. unless they decide to play as terribly as they did today for the rest of the season they are fine. also spurs.

Jarnet87

chelsea's run in is quite soft. unless they decide to play as terribly as they did today for the rest of the season they are fine. also spurs.

Tottenham at White Hart Lane vs. Arsenal in the North London Derby, the perfect time for Spurs to Spurs.

Audioboxer

Wasn't expecting that. Only chance for the second half is to come out and attack. Parking the bus and trying to hold 1-0 will equal 1-1 or losing 2-1.

Ashley Youngs shooting but 👌

Yup, Youngs shooting, incredible.

Audioboxer?????????? Are you alive?

It's not a draw, I repeat it's not a draw

Legit surprised, not even kidding. First time Mr Park The Bus Mourinho has gotten it right (against Chelsea). Insanely fast tempo and high press against a back 3.

It helped Rashford decided to show up today. Also Chelsea weren't passing well at all. Neither was Pogba mind you. Some shite passing all round, but a high tempo can force errors.

Watch Arsenal making the performance of their season at White Hart Lane in two weeks and end the Spurs hope of contending...

Yup, we've gotta get that Wenger contract renewal done and dusted. Arsenal enjoy the "Sonic Cycle".

Everton away will be our hardest fixture followed by West Brom away. Southampton, Watford, Sunderland and Middlesbrough at home should all be winnable.

With 4 wins out of 6 we should be there.

Also Jose proving once again that he's the best big game manager in the Premier League.

Audioboxer

What a performance

Pogba is still our worst midfielder.

Him and Fellaini cancel each other out. Fellaini can't pass in any direction other than straight and lacks technical ability (dribbling). Pogba is a bit better there. Basically, we need a through and through technical midfielder to compliment Pogba (who is good at being strong/holding play/tackling). As I said earlier in the thread Mourinho should test Tielemans resolve when he visits Old Trafford.

Tielemans and Rashford in a team together. That's some Football Manager shit. Mou pls, stop chasing the "big players". Right now they just use United for a gambling chip to get Real/Barca/PSG/Bayern and others interested. Our future is young talent to grow alongside players like Pogba and Rashford. Today proves as always pace and running tears a team apart. The way of old United and pacey fullbacks/wingers/forwards.

Tosyn_88

What a performance

Pogba is still our worst midfielder.

Woow, talk about exaggeration. I wonder what would happen if he didn't play at all today? Can you picture it or do you just want to keep chatting shit that's got no basis. He didn't light everything on fire yes but him being the worst? Wow

Liverpool should find all the strength possible to win all thier games otherwise they will miss top four, especially against those defensive teams

Dark Rider

There is nothing to redeem to from.
We lost against a better side, missed a penalty and got us even more in trouble with the sent off. The match in 2014 and especially the first game at Atletico last year were something that we might needed to redeem from but Madrid was better in all aspects this time, so I can accept this easily.

Anyway, we are in transition. The era from 2010 to 2016 was the greatest Bayern ever had, but that fate also got Milan, United, Real (from 2001 to 2013), Juve, Ajax, Barca... after the key players retired or left.

Let's be honest: Lahm, who was basically the best left fb in the last years ends his career - We plan to put Kimmich there, which is a downgrade by big levels. And there is apparently no fb on the market that has the potential to become Lahm or Alves levels of good.

Alonso retires too. Yes he was over his prime but his experience and position play were extraordinary and his strategic skill overshadows his bad physical abilities due to age. Still, our board wants Renato Sanches to beome his successor, which is laughable as Sanches is basically a copy of Vidal. We bought Rudy, a solid Bundesliga player but I can't see a Rakitic style jump into world class. In the end we could buy a talent with international class that could reach world class, but even then the list is very short and would force us to surpass the 40m fee of Martinez by far. I think we see either Keita or Goretzka for this position. Marco Veratti is simply not affordable for us.

Then we have our wingers who were our weapons in the last 7 years. Two of the best in the world are way over their prime and we have Coman and Costa as their back up. Frankly, none of both will even reach a fraction of the class of Robben and Ribery. And the market isn't very convincing either. Besides Alexis Sanchez there is nobody on a similar level, and I doubt we will see him at Bayern. Sure, we could buy some promising Monaco players but they need plenty of time, and if our board wants to be competitive with the Spaniards than we are forced to buy at least one world star like we did with Ribery and build a team around him.

The saddest thing though: All my alternatives are players from other clubs. We missed to establish talents from our own youth for half a decade now, and that is a reason why more than two thirds of the team lacks the "Mia san Mia" mentality, because they didn't grow up in it like Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Alaba, Müller, Badstuber, Hummels, partly Kroos. The base for our star players is now replaced with a mix of international players and youngsters, the balance is gone. Something that Ancelotti preaches over and over: balance. He has the right idea and supports our approach to buy young talented german internationals like Süle and Brandt. Maybe then we could buy us a Griezmann, if the baseline is solid enough.

Sorry for the long post, but many Bayern supporters are somewhat disappointed because of their expectations but reality is that we only win the CL trophy every 12 years and our board made fatal mistakes since 2013, that are visibly against equal oppositions.

The rebuilding years are always painful but having a financially stable team make a big difference so you will be absolutely fine.

Woow, talk about exaggeration. I wonder what would happen if he didn't play at all today? Can you picture it or do you just want to keep chatting shit that's got no basis. He didn't light everything on fire yes but him being the worst? Wow

Liverpool should find all the strength possible to win all thier games otherwise they will miss top four, especially against those defensive teams

I stand by my statement. Throughout the entire season Herrera, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Carrick and Fellaini have all been better. He's played more games than anyone else but has been anonymous over and over. He's been a first choice pick all season but I'm still not entirely sure what his role is. I think Herrera has been by miles more consistant in defence and attack. Fellaini has had some awful games but also some great ones, he breaks up counter attacks high up the pitch very well and is a great high ball outlet.

I think once Carrick retires his role will be more defined but he's had an average to meh season, with a few glimpses of greatness (and a lot of woodwork) regardless of the price tag.

Fdkn

Mourinho clearly can't stand the thought of putting everything in to this game and still losing. At least this way he has his excuse lined up. Focusing on the EL is a joke when they could potentially draw level with Liverpool with their games in hand.

Tottenham fans will be furious. Even Martial can't make the bench lmao.

Mourinho throwing the game away on purpose. If Chelsea have an off day and he earns a draw, he'll say he's a genius. If Chelsea run riot, he'll just lol at the attacking 3.

Mou the Chelsea agent.

Mourinho is not giving an F lol.^^
now it's time to apologize
lol

TimmmV

Didn't watch the United game so this could be unfair, but the MOTD highlights made it look like a endless series of fouls by Chelsea, and when it wasn't that it was them being bossed by United too.

Was expecting them to drop points today, kind of annoying they didn't

Blablurn

There is nothing to redeem to from.
We lost against a better side, missed a penalty and got us even more in trouble with the sent off. The match in 2014 and especially the first game at Atletico last year were something that we might needed to redeem from but Madrid was better in all aspects this time, so I can accept this easily.

Anyway, we are in transition. The era from 2010 to 2016 was the greatest Bayern ever had, but that fate also got Milan, United, Real (from 2001 to 2013), Juve, Ajax, Barca... after the key players retired or left.

Let's be honest: Lahm, who was basically the best left fb in the last years ends his career - We plan to put Kimmich there, which is a downgrade by big levels. And there is apparently no fb on the market that has the potential to become Lahm or Alves levels of good.

Alonso retires too. Yes he was over his prime but his experience and position play were extraordinary and his strategic skill overshadows his bad physical abilities due to age. Still, our board wants Renato Sanches to beome his successor, which is laughable as Sanches is basically a copy of Vidal. We bought Rudy, a solid Bundesliga player but I can't see a Rakitic style jump into world class. In the end we could buy a talent with international class that could reach world class, but even then the list is very short and would force us to surpass the 40m fee of Martinez by far. I think we see either Keita or Goretzka for this position. Marco Veratti is simply not affordable for us.

Then we have our wingers who were our weapons in the last 7 years. Two of the best in the world are way over their prime and we have Coman and Costa as their back up. Frankly, none of both will even reach a fraction of the class of Robben and Ribery. And the market isn't very convincing either. Besides Alexis Sanchez there is nobody on a similar level, and I doubt we will see him at Bayern. Sure, we could buy some promising Monaco players but they need plenty of time, and if our board wants to be competitive with the Spaniards than we are forced to buy at least one world star like we did with Ribery and build a team around him.

The saddest thing though: All my alternatives are players from other clubs. We missed to establish talents from our own youth for half a decade now, and that is a reason why more than two thirds of the team lacks the "Mia san Mia" mentality, because they didn't grow up in it like Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Alaba, Müller, Badstuber, Hummels, partly Kroos. The base for our star players is now replaced with a mix of international players and youngsters, the balance is gone. Something that Ancelotti preaches over and over: balance. He has the right idea and supports our approach to buy young talented german internationals like Süle and Brandt. Maybe then we could buy us a Griezmann, if the baseline is solid enough.

Sorry for the long post, but many Bayern supporters are somewhat disappointed because of their expectations but reality is that we only win the CL trophy every 12 years and our board made fatal mistakes since 2013, that are visibly against equal oppositions.

Great post Jack! Couldn't agree more

Looks like Newcastle are finishing the season at a limp, rather than a canter

And it seems like Ipswich is playing their best football of the season.

Where was this effort throughout the season? Knobheads! 16 consecutive years in this wanking division now!

Nice to see Leeds slip out of the play off positions though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Fans are literally asking for Rafa to be sacked on Twitter 😂😂😂

I can't 😂😂😂

Top Bottom