• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Blablurn

Goetze-11-12.jpg

young götze was best götze

It's a shame when incredibly talented footballers let themselves go like that.

I too also hope he manages to get back to his old self.

He kind of has to. Tuchel will bench him if he aint performing. he has a lot of alternatives (aubameyang, ramos as forwards, kagawa, dembele, mor, schuerrle as attacking middlefielders/ wingers)

Floody

Shame it didn't work out with Benteke, as I do think he's a quality player in the right team, and he seems like a really nice guy too. Wish him the best at Palace though and I'm not looking forward to him playing against us again.

Just need to get rid of Balotelli now and I think we've had a pretty good window (be great if we got a good LB and some RB cover though).

Also finding our negotiation team actually setting a price for a player and then not budging at all unless it's met really weird. if this was last season's team they'd let Benteke go for like £15m, not play hardball until their valuation was met.

Also finding our negotiation team actually setting a price for a player and then not budging at all unless it's met really weird. if this was last season's team they'd let Benteke go for like £15m, not play hardball until their valuation was met.

It was pretty weird, considering that I think Liverpool has to own up to some responsibility for devaluating their own purchase, after putting him in a situation like he had last season.

That said, Palace offering bids with stupid clauses does of course not help.

Their gamble did pay off now, but if not Palace, West Ham or any other club in the PL had been interested, they wouldn't be getting anything near a transfer fee like this. It's not like a club in Italy or Turkey would have handed over any sum like that.

It will be interesting to see what other players that might join us. One more striker is needed, probably a winger, and then maybe a central midfielder also.

Beefy

Refs need to be harsh with pulling players/shirts in the box. It may stop the amount of shit that happens in the box.

T-Rex.

Banned
#LFC team v @BurnleyOfficial: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge.

Nice.

T-Rex.

Banned
Klopp said not buying a LB was cos he's happy with the options we have there and not to do with money, but he's dropped Moreno and is playing a midfielder there... Bit of a weird one considering our net spend.

Klopp said not buying a LB was cos he's happy with the options we have there and not to do with money, but he's dropped Moreno and is playing a midfielder there... Bit of a weird one considering our net spend.

He was defending Moreno but it definitely sounded like he wanted one.

Klopp explained that he would have signed left-back, but only if the perfect fit could have been found:

“If we would have found the perfect fit, with all the things around—it’s not about money, only playing style, defending skills, offensive skills, technical things—if we could have found this then you would have known because we would have made the transfer.

“We have a lot of players, in our opinion, who can play in our style of play at left-full-back.

“I’m sorry not everyone is happy with Alberto Moreno. Milly can play [there], you saw the Barcelona game.

“I talked to him, I don’t want to force a player on a new position, I need the player to be convinced.

Top Bottom