• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

T-Rex.

Banned
So I take it we still decide to only show up to the big games (can't watch the match, but have seen the score)? Was really hoping Klopp would sort that out, it's all well and good beating the better teams, but is meaningless if we lose the points to the smaller teams.
Yup. Couldn't even play simple 5 yard passes for the opening 20 mins lmao.

Audioboxer

Liverpool and Chelsea potentially dropping points, and Arsenal potentially could be bottom of the league.

Today could be a good day to be a Manc.

Audioboxer

There's never a good day to be a Manc.

I probably agree (Scottish Man Utd supporter) :p

Looks like it is a Manchester vs Manchester season.
Pep and Mou eternal rivals leaving the prem-noobs behind.

Micki, Bailly and Ibra were great deals (other teams could have had a go). Arsenal and Liverpool definitely need defenders and 30m for Bailly looks like a great move.

Pogba while an amazing player was a lol sum.

Audioboxer

Liverpool have had 20 shots to Burnley's three, and 80% possession, but they still trail 2-0! A masterclass in taking your chances from the Clarets.

But good news Reds fans, Alberto Moreno is warming up...

image.php

Chelsea turnaround is on!

I haven't seen a goalkeeper give up a rebound that big since hockey season ended. Thank god though, maybe we'll actually get out of this with some points.

Pachimari

Barcelona is playing in 10 minutes.

And of course the Mallorca game is not being streamed anywhere. I wonder if their games are even broadcasted since they're in the second division.

I think it's fair to say we're consistently inconsistent. So much possession but we never really looked like breaking Burnley down. No real clear cut chances at all which is the most concerning thing. Actually, our ridiculously frail defense is still the most concerning thing.

I think it's fair to say we're consistently inconsistent. So much possession but we never really looked like breaking Burnley down. No real clear cut chances at all which is the most concerning thing. Actually, our ridiculously frail defense is still the most concerning thing.

Something we've had a problem with for years. We're great at exploiting mistakes or taking advantage of sudden opportunities, but when there's a solid defensive wall there are games where we can't find a way through.

Oh well. On to the next one.

Syder

I still think Hull will go down. The might have some decent players but as soon as injuries and tiredness set in, the thinness of their squad will show.

If Klopp still thinks he doesn't need a left back... well my confidence in him will be shook

He's yet to do anything to earn any confidence.

Though today, I'm not sure we can pin it on him. There was definitely an element of 'too many cooks in the kitchen' when it came to attacking, but he has expect Clyne not to make brain-dead passes, and Klavan not to be that ineffective in defence.

I'm sorry for your losses, man :( Don't give up! Football Thread is here for you!

Really sorry about your losses man. Keep your head up, your daughter needs you and you need her!

damn sorry abour your losses. it will get better mate

Sorry about your loss bro. Stay strong.

Thanks guys.

Why would he hide that from you? Seems kind of unfair. Sorry for your losses, man.

I guess he was trying to protect me because a cousin of mine in the states was murdered a couple of weeks ago, so I think he was just looking out for me.

Floody

So looking at the stats, I'm guessing Burnley just defended pretty much all game, whilst Coutinho kept doing his hit and hope shots from 30yrds out. Can't say I'm upset I missed that.

Also, lol at anyone who says someone is definitely a title contender after so few games, give it 10 and you'll have a much better idea.

Edit, fucking hell, Hull won again, was certain they'd be dead bottom all season, another example of why trying to guess based on so little, what will happen in football is dumb.

I couldn't be bothered to watch the match but judging from comments online, our defense sucked again and this time Moreno wasn't on the pitch to blame him for those two goals.

Also how is Henderson starting ahead of Can?

Also can someone help me make sense of these stats? How do you still lose a game 2-0 with stats like this.

It looks like Sakho is the only good partner for Lovern.

He's yet to do anything to earn any confidence.

Though today, I'm not sure we can pin it on him. There was definitely an element of 'too many cooks in the kitchen' when it came to attacking, but he has expect Clyne not to make brain-dead passes, and Klavan not to be that ineffective in defence.

he reached two finals with a really sub-par team to be fair.

Floody

I couldn't be bothered to watch the match but judging from comments online, our defense sucked again and this time Moreno wasn't on the pitch to blame him for those two goals.

Also how is Henderson starting ahead of Can?

Also can someone help me make sense of these stats? How do you still lose a game 2-0 with stats like this.

It looks like Sakho is the only good partner for Lovern.

Hey, look on the brightside we only have Spurs, Leicester, Chelsea and Hull (this years Leicester) next.

Top Bottom