• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

yagal

The Nameless King, Lothric and Lorian down
g1369638954952825892.jpg.png

Brazil will lose I want drama

Floody

Apparently the Chinese group that wants to buy us is worth around 600bn.

I really doubt FSG would sell unless they offered billions, and I really don't know how to feel about Chinese government backed owners, especially as who knows how committed they'll be once they get what they want (to host a World Cup), or if we go through some bad times. Would be nice being as rich as the others though.

I really doubt FSG would sell unless they offered billions, and I really don't know how to feel about Chinese government backed owners, especially as who knows how committed they'll be once they get what they want (to host a World Cup), or if we go through some bad times. Would be nice being as rich as the others though.

I know that sounds cool, but I would rather have a club run like Arsenal or Bayern than City or Chelsea to be honest. Sugar daddy's can have a purpose, like in Spain where they buy-out clubs that have heavy debts like Valencia, Espanyol and even Atletico Madrid.
Liverpool like every other premier league team can invest ridiculously huge sums in players, I don't see the need for a sugar daddy for such teams honestly.

A good visualization for the Real Madrid squad: Real squad from AS. Zidane already said that Real is done with the transfers.
Obviously a pretty good squad, with one very strange absence in the central midfield. That's why everyone expected that James would be sold and Pogba or Gomes would be bought. That would have made it a near perfect squad.
Imagine that Casemiro gets a major injury early in the season... That said, you can easily rest Casemiro and Modric against smaller teams.

Real (and Atletico) will almost certainly have a transfer-ban for the next 2 transfer windows, so apart from the central midfield, I also have concerns about Coentrao and Modric. They are very injury prone.

The big advantage of this squad is that only Ronaldo and Pepe are over 30 years old. Makes a case for investing heavily in young players imo, Real hasn't really bought a big player for 2 transfer windows now and the club is doing better than ever.
Irrelevant in this case, but that's why I don't understand Juventus paying 90 million for an almost 29 years old striker. If you buy a young player like Benzema, you're set for more than 10 years. It's just so much cheaper in the long run.

Floody

I know that sounds cool, but I would rather have a club run like Arsenal or Bayern than City or Chelsea to be honest. Sugar daddy's can have a purpose, like in Spain where they buy-out clubs that have heavy debts like Valencia, Espanyol and even Atletico Madrid.
Liverpool like every other premier league team can invest ridiculously huge sums in players, I don't see the need for a sugar daddy for such teams honestly.

Yeah, I'd rather be well run, then just made instantly super rich due to a sugar daddy, and FSG has been really excellent owners, taking us from the brink of administration (literally like days away before they took over), to healthy and profitable in a pretty short time. But I can't say I'd be against the takeover, Liverpool's biggest restriction is wages, we just can't come close to matching United, City and Chelsea in that regard and I'd hate for the Chinese investors to go and make someone else in that bracket instead.

Pachimari

Wow Brøndby just beat AGF on their stadium 7-0! They're now on 2nd place right after FC Copenhagen. Fantastic! Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the match as I were outside in the nice weather.

bjaelke

Wow Brøndby just beat AGF on their stadium 7-0! They're now on 2nd place right after FC Copenhagen. Fantastic! Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the match as I were outside in the nice weather.

We're top of the table due to a better goal difference. 22 goals in the first 6 games.

Surprised no EPL club has gone after Bacca. He's really too good for this mediocre Milan team.

Even Barcelona could use him.
It's a shame that AC Milan has gone from a top tier team, to a very very mediocre team where even Bacca is too good for them. And that in a very short time. After Ibrahimovic and T. Silva left them it was over.

Imagine being an AC Milan fan (or Inter Milan for that matter).

Pachimari

Even Barcelona could use him.
It's a shame that AC Milan has gone from a top tier team, to a very very mediocre team where even Bacca is too good for them. And that in a very short time. After Ibrahimovic and T. Silva left them it was over.

Imagine being an AC Milan fan (or Inter Milan for that matter).
At least some rich Chinese have taken over the club this summer, so their fans be at least a little bit optimistic now.

"I get sick to death. We play one bad half and we're all shit and we can't play. The manager doesn't care. Get somebody who cares. I'm a boring cunt, somebody called me last week. I wish they would call it to my face on my own. Because his pint of lager, he would have been wearing it," he said.

Mick McCarthy is too good for this football club. The things he's done for us, with such a pittance, is nothing short of remarkable.

Pachimari

Im seriously loving our current squad. It is 95% perfect. It just needs a backup defensive midfielder.

I'm also so thrilled that Morata and Asensio are finally part of our team. What a wonderful finish by Asensio and as always, Carvajal does very well.

Marcelo have been horrendous. If he continues this way I would substitute him with Nacho during the second half. Casemiro, Kroos, Ramos and Varane are solid and doing well.

I would say Morata and Carvajal were probably our best players during the first half.

Syder

Mick McCarthy is too good for this football club. The things he's done for us, with such a pittance, is nothing short of remarkable.
Before you had him all Ipswich fans wanted 'someone like Mick McCarthy' now that you have him and he hasn't achieved instant success (a playoff with so little investment is a decent achievement) people are getting on his back.

Top Bottom