• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Me as a Barca fan

tmp_24101-fb_img_1494fcsat.jpg

RocknRola

Poor Monaco :( Ah well, Juve was just too strong.

Assuming RM doesn't die on the pitch tomorrow, it's gonna be one heck of a final. Like I said before, I think RM may have a slight edge, if only because they're lethal in finals. But honestly, it's about as 50%-50% as it could get, should RM get there.

I Atletico pull off a miracle, I think Juve is the stronger side this year.

spidye

kinda glad now we crashed against Real because this Juventus would have absolutely destroyed us (Bayern)

Monaco probably too

Audioboxer

Saw something about Raiola's cut being what sparked the investigation, and weren't Juve the ones who were suppose to pay him?

Imagine both clubs will be looked into.

Raiola is certainly something as it stands. A good reason why some agents are out of control in the modern world of football.

Hearing so much about coutinho and Barca these days. What do you guys think the chances are of him going?
If we get champions league and without.

A lot of Liverpool fans probably don't share the same opinion. But I wouldn't be super disappointed if Coutinho were to go to Barcelona for a 60-70mil. Think he's a good player, and of course if he stays, I would be happy with that. But I think he's way too up an down, like if he wants to be a top player, he should dominate games like Crystal Palace and Southampton at home.

Basically we need to hold on to him, to prove that we're not gonna sell all our crowned jewels rather than losing his footballing talents.

casiopao

Very happy for Mario Mandzu there.^^ He got his great goal in UCL after quite some time there.^^ And of course no stupid card going for Chiellini too.^^ So we should be going full power into Final now.^^

That 3-4-3 formation makes me scared though early here. But it seems Allegri is still the king in defence formation.^^

Pioli sacked.

What a crazy club. What does this makes for the team? The third manager sacked in this season? Insanity.

Montella next?

I don't think so, as AC Milan should not be that short sighted if you asked me.^^(Unless Inter virus also end up in their management there.)

DBT85

A lot of Liverpool fans probably don't share the same opinion. But I wouldn't be super disappointed if Coutinho were to go to Barcelona for a 60-70mil. Think he's a good player, and of course if he stays, I would be happy with that. But I think he's way too up an down, like if he wants to be a top player, he should dominate games like Crystal Palace and Southampton at home.

Basically we need to hold on to him, to prove that we're not gonna sell all our crowned jewels rather than losing his footballing talents.

This is your challenge every few years though. You buy 8 players, one or two light up and drive you to somewhere near the top and then you sell. It's not too dissimilar to Spurs.

The mission now is to last the summer without losing a big name. If Mane has another good season I expect the vultures at the door next summer.

casiopao

I don't think Liverpool should be afraid of losing Coutinho there as long as you guys got the huge money there.

I mean, us Juventus have lost so much player over this 3 years but we are actually doing better now.^^ Pool just need to get better player then?^^

Edit: I am not sure on what to investigate about Pogba transfer there though? The cut for Raiola is decided Day one the moment Pogba moved to Juventus. The reason why Raiola got that huge cut is thanks to MU wanting to spam that huge money. So i am confused on the problemo here?O_O

Pachimari

So tonight is the night we'll fight for that finale spot in the Champions League. The Vicente Calderon is a damn difficult place to play in and I'm sure Atletico will put up a fight so nothing is guaranteed. Of course I still expect us to get through on aggregate.

And yeah, I fear Juventus but if it ends up being Real Madrid vs Juventus, it's gonna be such a close call.

DBT85

I don't think Liverpool should be afraid of losing Coutinho there as long as you guys got the huge money there.

I mean, us Juventus have lost so much player over this 3 years but we are actually doing better now.^^ Pool just need to get better player then?^^

Juventus seem to have better luck spending the money they get.

casiopao

Juventus seem to have better luck spending the money they get.

Lol. We don't even spend so much money all these last season except for this season lol.^^

Alves, Pirlo, Barzagli, Pogba, Evra, Vidal and Tevez all for almost no cost there. And they also end up bringing so much thing to the whole team from both marketing and financial plus.^^

I would said, Pool would need to be more proactive on the current sporting director in searching for talented players and to be more ruthless on selling players and then changing with a better one. A player should never be bigger than the whole Club.^^

There is a reason why Juventus sold Pogba, Vidal, and Coman even when they are very talented. If they don't want to play for Juventus, then we will just look for those who wanted to play for us.^^

casiopao

So tonight is the night we'll fight for that finale spot in the Champions League. The Vicente Calderon is a damn difficult place to play in and I'm sure Atletico will put up a fight so nothing is guaranteed. Of course I still expect us to get through on aggregate.

And yeah, I fear Juventus but if it ends up being Real Madrid vs Juventus, it's gonna be such a close call.

Haha. I don't see anything U guys RM need to fear from us Juventus here.T_T Ur guys final record makes us record looks like nothing lol.^^

While i hate to admit it, RM wins final while Juventus had been famous to flop during final. Hell, there is a reason why most Juventini end up with PTSD on UCL Final. We always failed badly there.T_T Me experiencing 4 Final defeat already wreck me so badly here.T_T Hope this year will be the year finally.T_T

Syder

He's get smacked so hard in the PL.
He'd get smacked so hard in any top league.

Tricks like this should be icing on the cake, which is why Ronaldo doing it has never bothered me. Maybe Ødegaard should work on the rest of his game first.

Pachimari

Well yeah, we're in a good form. But so is Juventus, and only 2 goals has been scored against them in the Champions League this season. Their defense is super strong, but so is our attack. So pretty much an exciting finale, and anyone can win it, even you guys.

RocknRola

Martin Ødegaard, magic:

giphy.gif

Aka, gif showing why he can't play for RM. That's cool and all, but it's slow (which means you force your own players to pause their sprints, thus giving the advantage to the defense) ultimately inconsequential (all that and he just passed the ball to the side, which he could have done much earlier) and makes himself open to nasty tackles which can result in injuries.

Talented kid that needs to adapt himself to a top league style of football. He is still young, so I have hope, but he needs to be properly coached to get there (think Ronaldo before and after Man.U under Ferguson).

sora87

Hearing so much about coutinho and Barca these days. What do you guys think the chances are of him going?
If we get champions league and without.

If we get 60mil or around that I'd be fine with it. I like coutinho but he is so inconsistent, he should be stepping up in these home games against bottom half teams but rarely ever does.

casiopao

Well yeah, we're in a good form. But so is Juventus, and only 2 goals has been scored against them in the Champions League this season. Their defense is super strong, but so is our attack. So pretty much an exciting finale, and anyone can win it, even you guys.

Hope so here.^^ I had been dreaming for seeing Gigi taking the Big Ears since forever.^^

Bersi

Haha. I don't see anything U guys RM need to fear from us Juventus here.T_T Ur guys final record makes us record looks like nothing lol.^^

While i hate to admit it, RM wins final while Juventus had been famous to flop during final. Hell, there is a reason why most Juventini end up with PTSD on UCL Final. We always failed badly there.T_T Me experiencing 4 Final defeat already wreck me so badly here.T_T Hope this year will be the year finally.T_T

Cheer up dude,even if we don't win this year we are back to the top where we belong,if it's not this year it will be the next one.

As for the final,it's 50-50, Madrid bench is the only thing that could give them a slight benefit, but other than that i don't see how anyone can see a clear favourite between the two.

And if you really want to watch the statistics... well we usually do okay against Real don't you think? :)

Pachimari

Aka, gif showing why he can't play for RM. That's cool and all, but it's slow (which means you force your own players to pause their sprints, thus giving the advantage to the defense) ultimately inconsequential (all that and he just passed the ball to the side, which he could have done much earlier) and makes himself open to nasty tackles which can result in injuries.

Talented kid that needs to adapt himself to a top league style of football. He is still young, so I have hope, but he needs to be properly coached to get there (think Ronaldo before and after Man.U under Ferguson).

I agree with this. Ødegaard needs better decision making, and to be more crucial in much shorter time. As much as I love players with all of this dribbling (like the young days of Cristiano), it would be more effective if a coach could make him more decisive.

casiopao

Cheer up dude,even if we don't win this year we are back to the top where we belong,if it's not this year it will be the next one.

As for the final,it's 50-50, Madrid bench is the only thing that could give them a slight benefit, but other than that i don't see how anyone can see a clear favourite between the two.

And if you really want to watch the statistics... well we usually do okay against Real don't you think? :)

Tx for the encouragement there lol.^^ I would love at least we got to win final this time lol. Watching 5 consecutive final defeat is going to break me totally lol.T_T

DBT85

He'd get smacked so hard in any top league.

Tricks like this should be icing on the cake, which is why Ronaldo doing it has never bothered me. Maybe Ødegaard should work on the rest of his game first.

United in training used to kick Ronaldo up and down the park, as they did with everyone else. He needs teammates who want him to succeed to crunch him.

CrayToes

If we get 60mil or around that I'd be fine with it. I like coutinho but he is so inconsistent, he should be stepping up in these home games against bottom half teams but rarely ever does.

Agree with this. He's a Match of the Day player. Always has moments of brilliance but never makes a consistent enough impact. Would happily see him leave for 50m+. Players like Mane & Lallana are far more valuable to our side.

casiopao

Agree with this. He's a Match of the Day player. Always has moments of brilliance but never makes a consistent enough impact. Would happily see him leave for 50m+. Players like Mane & Lallana are far more valuable to our side.

Huh. So another Cuadrado type of player huh. Sometimes he can be great but sometimes like headless chicken.T_T

Is there any chance Christian Eriksen will find a bigger club to play for this transfer window?

I don't think i heard any news at all about that player moving away from his team. But, even if he moves. The most it will be just around UK team. As the salary is going to kick out many other team for sure except for maybe PSG, Bayern,Barca or RM.(Juve had no muney sadly.T_T)

Pachimari

I don't think i heard any news at all about that player moving away from his team. But, even if he moves. The most it will be just around UK team. As the salary is going to kick out many other team for sure except for maybe PSG, Bayern,Barca or RM.(Juve had no muney sadly.T_T)

In Denmark they're thinking he should move to a bigger club, and everyone was talking about him when it was recently rumored that FC Barcelona was interested in him. I really hope he can get to climb up the ladder soon.

CrayToes

In Denmark they're thinking he should move to a bigger club, and everyone was talking about him when it was recently rumored that FC Barcelona was interested in him. I really hope he can get to climb up the ladder soon.

He finished 2nd in the PL with Spurs this season. I'm not sure he can go much further up the ladder tbh. He's a great player but not Barcelona/RM good.

Pachimari

Oh shit, we don't need him at Real Madrid. But I thought about something like Juventus, Chelsea or even Manchester United to be honest (even though they've been unspectacular these past years, they still have a rich history.)

Top Bottom