• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

casiopao

It's still game week 36 for both leagues though.

Medhi Benatia is a permanent signing now.

Haha. Well, i am just taking a jab on those who keep saying Serie A is very easy to win by Juventus when Chelsea also did the same lol.^^

Benatia end up joining us here.T_T Well, i hope that he would do well as now he is part of Bianconeri.^^

Now, give us Costa lol.^^

According to BILD Veratti and Sanchez are close to a Bayern transfer.

Also, Italian press says Sanchez agreed with Bayern, transfer will be announced after FA Cup final.

L'Equipe writes that Veratti favours Bayern, his agent confirmed that Bayern made contact.

Both would cost more than 120m EUR.

Marca says United are close to a deal with Real regarding James.

This summer will be crazy.

Lololol. First Veratti to Juve, then to Barca and now Bayern.^^ The ride never end lol.^^

Gambit

Sanchez is pretty much done, Arsenal, Sanchez and Bayern are in talks (for weeks).
As ridiculous as the Verratti story sounds, the infos from BILD are legit, I know their source. That's why they even went putting the story as their main headline today.

The thing is, that Bayern representatives were in Paris this week at PSG.
This possible transfer is likely to become a Martinez pain in the ass story.
It will all depend on what PSG plans for next season, they don't need money.
They will change a lot, Lucas is on of those who will have to leave.

The background to this is that Kimmich will play as FB and Sanches didn't convince the board so far - Alonso retires, there is no CM with skill left, only Vidal and Thiago. Verratti is Carlos favourite, Bayern tries to get him. Plan B is Keita, but the board is not fully convinced to pay 50m for a guy who played one decent season. Plan C is Leon Goretzka from Schalke, but Bayern wants him next year because it wont cost them much. The Modric story is a hoax, James was in talks but Bayern decided against him, because of how the Götze story ended. Our board learned from the Neymar and de Bruyne story and are willing to pay 65-70m for a worldclass player.

You are certainly right we need someone in midfield, and I could see Goretzka being preferred next season, so there definitely is demand. I actually believe you a lot more than Bild, which is both a compliment to you, and an indictment of them. So I can believe they actually approached PSG and Verrati, but I just can't quite see it actually happening. (
I just hope your source isn't Christian Falk

Still, it would be great if Bayern have recognised that quality has a price tag.

VLiberty

What a turn around.^^ In the end, Premier League get their champions faster than Serie A lol.^^

And if Juventus and RM win the league, it will absolutely crazy how many former Juventus player become manager which had won the league now lol.^^ Zidane, Conte, and Carrera.^^ Now we only need to see Juve take the big ears to complete the experience.^^

Zidane, Conte and Carrera were former Juve players who are winning their leagues.
Allegri is a former Napoli player who's gonna win UCL and Triplete

checkmate

edit: Benatia for 17 mlns is a steal. ffs why do you always get the good deals

casiopao

Zidane, Conte and Carrera were former Juve players who are winning their leagues.
Allegri is a former Napoli player who's gonna win UCL and Triplete

checkmate

At least now Allegri is part of Juventus lol.^^ You know the saying. If you can't make them play for you. Make them coach u.^^

Hull and Swansea could possibly both stay up. If Hull beat Palace tomorrow, Palace is right in the shit, although Palace go to Old Trafford on the final day where Mourinho might turn up with weaker team so who knows.

If Hull win tomorrow:

Crystal Palace 38
Swansea 38
Hull 37

Last day fixtures:

Hull vs Tottenham
Swansea vs WBA
Man Utd vs Crystal Palace

Jack cw

I really like Leipzig, but the tiki taka shitshow surely made Bayern angry.
Incredible match with the worst defensive work I've seen in a long time.
Robben and Werner were the men of the match. Boateng 100% the worst on the pitch, followed by Alonso.

Gambit

Lahm is saying it as it is. They had no balance between offense and defense, but it was a hell of a ride.

and I loved that he only called it "sommerpause" not "the end"

spidye

Wow

Glad for the win but
tenor.gif

spidye

I wonder who would be an alternative though?
Tuchel? Favre? Nagelsmann? Blanc? Wenger?

nagelsmann in 3-5 years would be awesome

conte when he's done in chelsea?

right now the only guy who is capable managing the transition we're in right now would be klopp but he won't leave liverpool. especially not when hoeneß and rummenigge are running things

Luis Felipe Amorin‏ @LuisFGAmorin

Grêmio aceitou a proposta do Liverpool de cerca de 23 milhões de libras. Proposta chegou oficial.ente dia 6 de maio na mesa do Presidente.

Seleção Brasileira‏ @BrazilStat 1h

Seleção Brasileira Retweeted Luis Felipe Amorin

"Grêmio have just accepted Liverpool's £23M offer for Luan"

This reporter works at a radio station in the same state as Grêmio.

Liverpool's official bid for Luan was handed to Grêmio exactly on May 6 & today the president accepted the offer according to the journalist"

Barely heard of Luan. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

spidye

Luis Felipe Amorin‏ @LuisFGAmorin

Grêmio aceitou a proposta do Liverpool de cerca de 23 milhões de libras. Proposta chegou oficial.ente dia 6 de maio na mesa do Presidente.

Seleção Brasileira‏ @BrazilStat 1h

Seleção Brasileira Retweeted Luis Felipe Amorin

"Grêmio have just accepted Liverpool's £23M offer for Luan"

This reporter works at a radio station in the same state as Grêmio.

Liverpool's official bid for Luan was handed to Grêmio exactly on May 6 & today the president accepted the offer according to the journalist"

Barely heard of Luan. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

he's great in fm2017 for what it's worth
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tubie

Are we gonna make a Champions League finale OT thread or are we just gonna stay in here?

Its good to make one and put it in off-topic, that way more people get to post about it.

I made last years, you can make it this year if you want, or if anyone else wants to do it.

Can't make it too early tho, I think the rule for events like this is no earlier than a week before the event.

Zasa

Live by the Alexis, die by the Alexis

20 goals & 10 assists in the PL in spite of the recent dry spell where he's has to play on the wing again & im turn less effective. 25 goals & 18 assists in 47 games (all competitions).

The best player collectively these last three seasons in the PL, imo.

Edit: add another goal to that

Top Bottom