• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

bjaelke

Tony Barrett @TonyBarretTimes
Liverpool have made an £11m offer for Christian Pulisic, Borussia Dortmund's 17-year-old winger.

Floody

Tony Barrett @TonyBarretTimes
Liverpool have made an £11m offer for Christian Pulisic, Borussia Dortmund's 17-year-old winger.

Seems like a low amount considering what he could be worth if he meets even some of his potential. Though I can see him being a big target for FSG, considering he's the big American hopeful, so wouldn't be surprised if we offer more.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Alexis Pratsides
‏@alexispratsides
BREAKING: Winter Break set to be confirmed in England as the FA finally bows to pressure from collection of Premier League's top managers.

Floody

Alexis Pratsides
‏@alexispratsides
BREAKING: Winter Break set to be confirmed in England as the FA finally bows to pressure from collection of Premier League's top managers.

Shit, what's going to be our excuse when we get smashed in international tournaments now?

This is good news if so.

Floody

I think it's shit news tbh. Football during the winter is the best since there's a game every few days :/

Oh, to us consumers sure, not so good, I think it's good for English teams though, and should help prevent teams getting big injury list, which can eventually be good for us, if we do better in tournaments.

Makeda

Oh, to us consumers sure, not so good, I think it's good for English teams though, and should help prevent teams getting big injury list, which can eventually be good for us, if we do better in tournaments.

If the Prem/ English league's were to have a winter break I'm pretty sure that it would still give us boxing day and new year's day football as there's just too much money to be lost.

However, in turn I think they will try to cut out replays and the rest of January & maybe the first week of February to resume closer to the start of Europa / CL. Given that alot of the worst weather and throwaway fixtures tend to come after the NYD blowout it could work out being a good move for both consumers and footballers

Blablurn

Cq03zanWcAA4jzz.jpg:large

tumblr_ocjfpd7aQd1thttcdo3_500.gif

Syder

Losing the Christmas madness period would definitely suck. Why can't we time it with when the African Cup of Nations usually is to minimise African player loss to clubs.

Best news for a long time. Now managers can stop using it as an excuse. Should be towards the end of Jan beginning of Feb that way it misses the worst time for weather but gives teams a bit of time to warm up for the UEFA comps.

enishi

Pellegrini is joining Chinese Super League Hebei China Fortune (currently 5th in the league, Gervinho joined this year)

His first match will be against Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao F.C. managed by Scolari

Pellegrini is joining Chinese Super League Hebei China Fortune (currently 5th in the league, Gervinho joined this year)

His first match will be against Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao F.C. managed by Scolari

is the chinese league any good? there seems to be a lot of great players going to china

bjaelke

Spurs: Vorm, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Dier, Wanyama, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela; Kane (c)

LFC: Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino

Audioboxer

Just catching up with The Premier League Show. Jurgen Klopp is such a likeable bloke. Makes me almost want Liverpool to do well. Urgh.

Klopp as a person is awesome (definitely one of the top characters in the league, if not the top. Raineri gave him a run for his money last season). Klopp as a manager is succumbing to some rough decisions at Liverpool.

As a Man Utd fan Jose is almost the opposite (although I know it is early days). Jose as a person is chaotic (sometimes awesome, other times downright embarassing). Jose as a manager has so far, and probably will long term, reinvent what has been a woeful Man Utd squad for years. That last spell at Chelsea was a mess, but the guys record overall is very good, and even his biggest haters have to do some brain gymnastics (or just scream last season Chelsea!!!) to detract. He is pretty much a serial winner like Ibra, although Ibra is far more awesome than Jose.

Man Utd though will never replace Fergie, ever, and probably never will have any of that dominance again (to the delight of the rest of the EPL). Hey I don't mind some humility, and if you win the league, you deserve to win it. No hard feelings from me, even if you're an Arsenal or Liverpool fan. Although... Arsenal winning something? LOL.... :p

I actually used to like Wenger, back when Arsenal were giving the best Man Utd squads a run for their money, and beating them. Liked him because he seemed to be Fergie's kryptonite and it was an amazing battle. An angry Fergie was the best Fergie, hilarious all round even when he was being a sore loser. Nowadays though I look at him and think Arsene, what the fuck is wrong with you? Even when you actually do fairly well (last season in the league), you should on paper have done better. Usually some terrible decision making costing Arsenal overall, or absolutely abysmal transfers in the market. That is the biggest pain for Arsenal fans, knowing even when it looks like you've done well, you actually should have done much better and end up with some key games to look at horrendous decision making, or with transfers, a complete lack of spending good money on good players.

God....it's 4:30 Saturday morning and I'm up to watch Spurs v Liverpool, and I don't like either team. What the F...has happened to my american football loving self.

Tosyn_88

God....it's 4:30 Saturday morning and I'm up to watch Spurs v Liverpool, and I don't like either team. What the F...has happened to my american football loving self.

It is that needed daily those of British tea isn't it. Most people complain about the EPL but still watch it anyway, I say everyone is invited to tea and if possible we will add a biscuit

Don't understand how they can have ex players as commentators for matches their old teams are playing. The bias is so obvious at times.

Audioboxer

Don't understand how they can have ex players as commentators for matches their old teams are playing. The bias is so obvious at times.

Well it makes for fun commentary when their time is doing shit and they go through them. Such as Henry or Carragher when they rail on Arsenal/Liverpool.

Top Bottom