• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Audioboxer

Lucky Man Utd! Attacking in the last 3rd wasn't good enough today. It had to be Rooney at the end as well lol. Guy was a passenger for 90 minutes. Grandpa Rooney really deserves benched from being number 10. Let him play in the centre with Pogba if so.

United also have to fucking sort out free kicks and corners. Bloody hell I can't remember the last time there was good goals, let alone any goals, scored from either. Always blocked at first man, overhit or no accuracy at all and just thumped in. Absolutely dreadful and it is painful given the Ronaldo days.

Audioboxer

Good to see United won that one in the last minute. Mhikitaryan reminds me a little bit of Di Maria.

He's a good dribbler! Deserves to be in the number 10 role, not out wide. That is an issue for us right now, players being put on the right all want to cut in (Mata/Mkhitaryan).

I think Jose has given Mata the first few games to decide whether or not he is going to get sold. He's done his bit to be fair. However Mata is yet another player who is best central, not wide.

United definitely look improved and are actually entertaining to watch. But it's been Bournemouth, Southampoton, and Hull..

Yeah, City are going to spank us. Hence why to even have a chance of the league every single game against "weaker" opponents must be won.

Chelsea I'm not so sure, the atmosphere will be toxic with Mou coming back so Chelsea players and fans alike might have a off day.

Audioboxer

Bailly is gonna be a beast. Next Vidic for sure. He's so composed at the back.

For sure. Work the muscles on that guy and he will be a fast tank. He's already strong as is!

Steroid the fucker up and he'll wreck shit ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) In all seriousness he even has a little aggressive side as well which is good to see in a defender if it can be used wisely and sparingly.

Audioboxer

Jack Beardwell: All those armchair managers need wait a second and give Rooney the full NINETY MINUTES of a match to show he's still pivotal

Seán Ranson: Anyone who thinks the assist (terrible defending from Hull) redeems Rooney, you must be mad. Bench for the foreseeable.

(from BBC)

I mean to be fair Jacky boy has a point, but Rooney has been iffy and unconvincing as a number 10 since last season. He's no striker anymore either. Overall just seems like he's having a crisis of position.

Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford: "Amazing. First away game for me this season and happy to get the three points and goal.

"The fans came onto the pitch to celebrate and that is part of football.

"I am getting on in training and waiting for moments like this.

"It is being amazing being around players like Zlatan Ibrahimovic every day, I am learning a lot from them."

Marcus you didn't pick Zlatan, Zlatan picked you. Learn from the God my son.

United definitely look improved and are actually entertaining to watch. But it's been Bournemouth, Southampoton, and Hull..

Indeed they do and you are correct but they are the teams they need to be beat if they want to be contenders, others teams likely to come in the top four not so much. It is beating teams in the bottom and middle of the table that really matter. Teams like Everton, West Ham, Stoke and Southhampton are a better gauge of title contention than playing teams like Man City, Man United, Chelsea.

Audioboxer

Indeed they do and you are correct but they are the teams they need to be beat if they want to be contenders, others teams likely to come in the top four not so much. It is beating teams in the bottom and middle of the table that really matter. Teams like Everton, West Ham, Stoke and Southhampton are a better gauge of title contention than playing teams like Man City, Man United, Chelsea.

Yup, the teams Arsenal always choke on which ends up causing them the title.

Audioboxer

Spot on

sadly

Yeah it's mental at times. Outclass, outskill and beat Man City, then get pumped and outplayed by Swansea or WBA the following week.

I mean that happens from time to time, but Arsenal always seem to choke every season.

It must drive Arsenal fans crazy. You often actually have one hand on the league and then fluff it. Unlike Man Utd for the past few years who have just been utter shit. Our fans have been expecting nothing but pain... Your fans go on the Sonic cycle where you get optimism every year then get crushed lmao.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yeah it's mental at times. Outclass, outskill and beat Man City, then get pumped and outplayed by Swansea or WBA the following week.

I mean that happens from time to time, but Arsenal always seem to choke every season.

It must drive Arsenal fans crazy. You often actually have one hand on the league and then fluff it. Unlike Man Utd for the past few years who have just been utter shit. Our fans have been expecting nothing but pain... Your fans go on the Sonic cycle where you get optimism every year then get crushed lmao.

We know to expect it, but we still let it happen.

Arsenal love providing hope, just to snatch it away

Tosyn_88

We know to expect it, but we still let it happen.

Arsenal love providing hope, just to snatch it away

Men, that's just very sad when you say it like that, it is almost like that Chic you been online dating for almost a year, waiting in excitement, get plane ticket to see her only to get catfished at the last minute

Standard Rooney. Deadweight then do one useful thing.

Can't he just stop with the random bits of good stuff so we can ship him to China.

Atomic Odin

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 2h2 hours ago
#LFC unlikely to complete Pulisic deal this transfer window but will continue monitor his situation - James Pearce -

giphy.gif

Audioboxer

I wasn't having a pop. It was a genuine question. Sheesh.

But you guys carry on being know alls after the fact.

Chill dude just winding you up :p

As I said above Mata had a point to prove before transfer window shuts and no one is starting before Zlatan.

I do believe Mou when he says in September when schedule is busy they will rotate more.

I don't understand the relation here.

Man there were pens all over the premier league today.

Sorry. Just saw that you don't understand.
Win the FA cup AND qualify for Champions League and you might be tempted to keep LVG.
Ibra, Pogba and Mkitarian wouldn't have come to Manchester for any amount of $$$ if LVG was still there.

This is beautiful...

Rashfordgoal800.jpg

Rooney is still SHITE as a #10, but damn if he's not getting the assists.

enishi

is the chinese league any good? there seems to be a lot of great players going to china

Big corporation keep pouring money to the league to get fast return. It does work in some sense, e.g. Evergrande won 2 Asian Champion League titles in past 5 years

But it seeems doing very little to National team, which was the origin of CCP to have great support to Chinese Super League

And I doubt it can last long due to financial unstability of these corporation

Pachimari

I just love Toni Kroos. That German finesse. They are world beaters when it comes to long shots. And that one was well placed!

Hala Madrid.

bjaelke

Simone Zaza is officially a West Ham United player, on loan with obligation to buy for €25m plus bonuses. “This is the right choice for me.”

The Juventus striker makes the move on a one-season loan at a cost of €5m and the option to buy for another €20m will become mandatory after a handful of appearances for the club.

A statement from Juventus confirmed the €20m is payable over two years and that there are another €3m in performance-related bonuses.
Time for Zaza to step up and deliver.

zaza-penalty-funny-dance-looped-gif-animation-germany-italy-football-match.gif

panty

The Daily Star suggest that Manchester United will offer 120 million euros to Real Madrid at the end of the current campaign to sign Gareth Bale.

hahaha

Jack cw

The Daily Star suggest that Manchester United will offer 120 million euros to Real Madrid at the end of the current campaign to sign Gareth Bale.

hahaha
240m and they might have a chance. Bale signed an extension at Real until 2021 last week.

Audioboxer

hahaha

I think the real issue here is anyone reads The Daily Star?

By the end of next year £120m will buy you a mid-table quality defender

Now this is a truth-fact.

Liverpool holding onto Moreno to flip him for £95 million next season. Sky to increase Sky Sports package prices 8000% to give clubs the money to buy players like him.

VLiberty

Napoli-Milan, 94th minute and Napoli is up 3-2 in 11vs9. Romagnoli risks another red card, and therefore the next match(along with the other 2 players who were sent off), to avoid a 4-2

qGccUqp.gif

bjaelke

Brøndby - Copenhagen has been delayed because of a safety car in Formula 1 :lol Biggest derby in Scandinavia and they pull that shit...

Carbonox

Newcastle have signed Daryl Murphy and Achraf Lazaar.

I expect maybe one more signing and then we're done.

51m spent.

55m made.

No Sissoko sale yet either.

What a time to be alive.

championship lulz

Top Bottom