• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

slider

I love Aguero. What a player. But that elbow should have been caught and punished at the time. Retrospective action is all fine and dandy but who knows what impact ten men against eleven would've had.

Erm, not that West Ham "deserved" to win.

Emotional rant over.

bjaelke

I doubt he's the only one getting a ban after this gameweek.

Cq8uu4BXgAEcr8z.jpg

Syder

I love Aguero. What a player. But that elbow should have been caught and punished at the time. Retrospective action is all fine and dandy but who knows what impact ten men against eleven would've had.

Erm, not that West Ham "deserved" to win.

Emotional rant over.
We'll be totally fine. At 2-0 it looked like we'd get totally spanked 5-0 with little resistance. So to give Chelsea and Man City a good game (and to beat Bournemouth) with a very weakened squad gives me hope for when our best players return. I can't wait to see Zaza, Payet, Lanzini, Antonio all on the same pitch.

The Daily Star suggest that Manchester United will offer 120 million euros to Real Madrid at the end of the current campaign to sign Gareth Bale.

hahaha

LOL. They don't need Bale.

They need Rooney to sit down and they need Fosu Mensah to learn from Carrick.

Wish the first Manchester derby was around November instead so both teams could settle a bit more and we could have a better feel for the table. I think the game will be shit though.

Syder

Wow. I, erm, don't know what to think. In fact I haven't even worked out how to get the best from him (definitely not a right/wingback).
He's a defensive liability and needs a solid fullback behind him but I don't think there's a better pure winger in the league.

Jarnet87

Wonder how Jose is going to set up against City. If he starts the same team it's going to require some great defensive play from the team as I see them sitting in their own half for much of the game. Fellaini is injured as well from what he said in the press conference, maybe it's Carrick who starts with Pogba though Herrera got the first game of the season.

Tosyn_88

If Man City are at their best they'll destroy you.

I'm very sure if I took those words and twisted it, the meaning will remain the same. Eg If Man Utd are at thier best the'll destroy you.

See, I'm very sure even when city was at thier best, it doesn't mean much. I mean United did beat them silly and this was under LVG first season where they almost missed out on Europe

bjaelke

Zxzrwuk.gif

Kaiser Zorninger already doing a great job at Brøndby.
Surprising. I thought a Premiership team would nab him.

We were linked with him for an afternoon before the Bayern rumours took over. After that it all quiet down. Now we're linked with a €35M move for Brazilian striker Juan (Gremio).

---

Sofiane Boufal joins Southampton on a five-year contract.

So Paco Alcacer is moving to Barça for 30 million with 2 million variables.
Seems ok, with players like Benteke being sold for 35 million...
Barcelona's probably had their best transfer window ever if you consider the prices paid today for mediocre players and the money they had to spend.

Finally making a goalkeeping decision and getting 18 million for a 33 years old goalkeeper, selling their mediocre old(er) players and finally broadening their squad with young very talented players for probably less money than a Pogba.

The only thing they need to do now is extending Messi's contract and they are set. With only 2 years left, you cannot really wait that long anymore.
It will be very hard for Real Madrid to beat such a broad and talented squad in the competition. It's of course doable, but I'm still convinced we needed a Pogba or a cheaper option like Gomes.

Beefy

So Paco Alcacer is moving to Barça for 30 million with 2 million variables.
Seems ok, with players like Benteke being sold for 35 million...
Barcelona's probably had their best transfer window ever if you consider the prices paid today for mediocre players and the money they had to spend.

Finally making a goalkeeping decision and getting 18 million for a 33 years old goalkeeper, selling their mediocre old(er) players and finally broadening their squad with young very talented players for probably less money than a Pogba.

The only thing they need to do now is extending Messi's contract and they are set. With only 2 years left, you cannot really wait that long anymore.
It will be very hard for Real Madrid to beat such a broad and talented squad in the competition. It's of course doable, but I'm still convinced we needed a Pogba or a cheaper option like Gomes.

Still feel Barca need another cb and rb.

So what kind of crazy shit is Daniel Levy at Tottenham smoking, if they offer only £12m for Zaha, but wants £14m from Hull for Ryan Mason?

Still feel Barca need another cb and rb.

Pique, Umtiti, Mascherano and Mathieu seems fine imo. Mathieu is of course the odd one, but they will sell him next year and he can play almost anywhere in the defense, so you can't really go wrong with him.

And as RB it will depend on how S. Roberto is developing himself with Vidal as backup. That also seems fine to me, why invest in Bellerin for example, if they think that Roberto is good enough?

Pique, Umtiti, Mascherano and Mathieu seems fine imo. Mathieu is of course the odd one, but they will sell him next year and he can play almost anywhere in the defense, so you can't really go wrong with him.

Barca will be fine as long as Busquets is healthy. Aside from Messi he's their most irreplaceable player.

Beefy

And as RB it will depend on how S. Roberto is developing himself with Vidal as backup. That also seems fine to me, why invest in Bellerin for example, if they think that Roberto is good enough?

Didn't know they converted Roberto into a rb, how is he doing? With the cb I feel they need another younger cb is all, nothing major.

Barca will be fine as long as Busquets is healthy. Aside from Messi he's their most irreplaceable player.

Of course, but that's with every top-tier world class player in every team :D
Busquets is so good and still underrated imo, but he's at a position where they have enough substitutes that will do fine. Even Mascherano could easily play there if necessary.

Didn't know they converted Roberto into a rb, how is he doing? With the cb I feel they need another younger cb is all, nothing major.

Shockingly well. Luis Enrique played him there in an emergency last year and it was a great fit. Only thing is he can get caught up field especially when Jordi Alba isn't on the other side. Alba's fast enough to track back and provide cover.

Top Bottom