• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

SkylineRKR

The guys who played should still be better than Alaves. There is no excuse, Barca were weak and Mascherano looked bad on both goals.

Syder

Ogbonna.. haha
Hello, West Ham, my old friend...
benzema.png
I am the eternal optimist but it's very difficult for me to say anything positive after that. This is reminiscent of how I felt after the early home losses to Leicester and Bournemouth last season, totally avoidable messes.

Not a fan of wholesale changes and I've been talking up Byram for ages but he, Collins and Adrian were fucking shit today. Masuaku was pretty much the only good thing about our defence today. I expect Arbeloa will be given a run out sooner rather than later, if he's fit. I'm really not sure why Ogbonna was left out, he's challenging Reid for best defender at the club. We might have our best players back but the entire team is still waaaay off the pace, except for Antonio. I can see us going on a rotten run until we get Carroll and Cresswell back.

God, I love this club.. Fortune's always hiding.

Jarnet87

I liked that Mou wanted to attack from the start, but he had the wrong lineup to do it. Bravo and the back line easily deal with the early attempted pressure from the front 4. It left way too much space open. A group of us were talking about how solid Blind has been and then he has a stinker lol. What a dreadful 1st start for Mikhitaryan, hate to see a player get pulled like that and hope it doesn't mess with his confidence. In retrospect Mikh and Lingard may have turned it around if they had stayed on and it was Roo who got swapped to bring in Hererra as the added midfielder clearly helped. But we all know Wayne is never getting dropped.

brentech

That Liverpool game made my day. Some real beautiful play on the attack.
Was disheartening to see a typical blooper when playing so well, but for once they regained their composure and got stronger.
Hope the back line continues to improve.

Floody

Missed all the games yesterday, but caught up on some of them, was really happy with Liverpool, we were finally able to break a defensive team down and make them play our game, and outside of the Lucas blunder, we were excellent once they tried to, playing some lovely football and had a (mostly) comfortable win.
7 points from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed teams of last season is an excellent start, hopefully, we can become consistent and perform against the lower teams and a top 4 spot should be achievable. Also, Mingolet is a bloody warrior, the guy got beat up.

Man City look amazing too, even with their keeper having an awful game and missing one of their best players they looked comfortable against United for a lot of the game. What a player De Bruyne is too, he bossed that game.

Also nice to see Benteke score, hopefully, he proves all his doubters wrong after it didn't go so well for him with us.

Congrats Man City.

Better team by far today.

Where was Pogba? (out of position a lot)

Where was Lingard? (he went from not playing to playing the best team in the league)

Where has Rooney been all season?

Manchester has enough to get back in the Champions League but if they don't shore up some of their positions they won't be in the top 2 come season end.

tim.mbp

Vamos Atleti! Nice to see them back on track. Hopefully the end of the double pivot against anyone not named Real or Barça.

Sevilla got lucky.

Juve looked class. Higuaín second goal was something.

Lunar FC

I wonder if there will ever be a time when I can feel good about a Liverpool performance knowing the same team will show up the following week.

Audioboxer

While it's definitely stupid, that isn't related. Kris Boyd doesn't play for Rangers either. It's a joke about Rangers liquidating.

Former Rangers star Kris Boyd

I can assure you once a Rangers player always a Rangers player in the bigots eyes.

Also this happened like yesterday, are we really going to play the "coincidence card"?

I mean this is coming from The Sun, but even Celtic fans think it's terrible - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...g-sex-dolls-with-rangers-scarves-from-stands/

And before you think I'm some die hard Rangers fan - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...at-away-end-as-celtic-hammer-old-firm-rivals/

So in summary Scottish football is toxic, and I'm a Motherwell fan anyway.

Meier

Ok, I thought Guardiola was a fraud. This game made me eat crow.

He's the best manager in the world and it isn't even close. Hilarious that anyone bought into this ridiculous fraud thing.

Bravo is a lot better than what he showed today. I'll toss it up to being a bit nervous.
His daughter has been ill so his first training session with City wasn't until Thursday. I'll chalk that first one up to not developing communication with his defenders and after that he was super rattled. I think he'll drastically improve -- thank god we won in spite of him yesterday though.

His daughter has been ill so his first training session with City wasn't until Thursday. I'll chalk that first one up to not developing communication with his defenders and after that he was super rattled. I think he'll drastically improve -- thank god we won in spite of him yesterday though.

That was easily the worst performance I have seen from him. Many seemingly due to a lack of communication between him, Stones and Sagna. But we were really damn lucky to get away with the challenge on Rooney, with it being Clattenburg as the ref it was almost a miracle that didn't get called. But apart from the fuck ups it was clear how he is going to fit in.

I was surprised at how little United actually look like a standard Mou team, it looked more like a Chelsea team from last season rather than any of his previous seasons. It isn't like the players don't have the technical ability to play his systems but it was an utter mess.

City need to sort out the messy clearance when under the cosh though, that has been a problem for a long time with or without Kompany, if more players could have the composure in that situation (like Stones had on the line yesterday) and play out rather than wildly hoofing it it would remove the teams biggest weakness.

Weird to hear Man City fans singing Glad All Over again in yesterdays match, considering that it's been the anthem for Crystal Palace since the 1960's. Any particular reason for them "stealing" it now?

Weird to hear Man City fans singing Glad All Over again in yesterdays match, considering that it's been the anthem for Crystal Palace since the 1960's. Any particular reason for them "stealing" it now?

Lyrics changed to 'Because we've got (clap clap) Guardiola. We've got (clap clap) Guardiola We've got (clap clap) Guardiola.'.

Crazy game just wrapped as 10 man Valencia score two goals to make it 2-2 then lose in the 90th minute. Los Che are going to finish in the bottom half of the table if they can't sort out the midfield and defense.

Top Bottom