• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
already on premier trying to see who is playing between December 16-20

West Ham vs Hull on the 17th.

West Ham just moved into the London Olympic stadium so you might find more luck there. Don't know if you can get tickets this far in advance though.

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah, in the UK at least, I've no idea about the US

EDIT: Oh, you're British, Flow? I never knew haha. Just assumed you were a yank in the Comic thread

haha no I am from Fl,USA. but got offered to go to london for a week starting December 14. So I said why the hell not.

So out of the matches they have available the hotspur or chelsea seem like the best bet.

Crystal Palace vs Chelsea
Premier League 17/12/2016Sat 15:00
Selhurst Park
London, United Kingdom
View Tickets
vs
Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley
White Hart Lane
London, United Kingdom
View Tickets
vs
West Ham United vs Hull City
London Olympic Stadium
London, United Kingdom
View Tickets
vs
Fulham vs Derby County
Football League Championship 17/12/2016Sat 15:00
Craven Cottage
London, United Kingdom
View Tickets
vs
Queens Park Rangers vs Aston Villa
Football League Championship 17/12/2016Sat 15:00
Loftus Road
London, United Kingdom

edit:fully assume I don't know shit about the premier league clubs and ect. noobie here. just trying to watch a potential good match if I do go to one.

Jarnet87

Phil Jones picks up his first injury of the year, congrats to him for making it this far. I thought it was going to be 5 minutes into the first preseason game.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
No worries mate, I sat in the Home end of Sunderland when they played Arsenal years ago when I was a kid. Just wore a hoody over my jersey and celebrated sneakily when they smashed five past them

Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley
White Hart Lane
London, United Kingdom
View Tickets

If you are going for experience of a full flow home stadium then this should be the best bet. White Hart Lane has one of the best atmospheres in the prem, easily the best in London and I think better than Anfield (its waaay overhyped). Tottenham should beat Burnley with ease, they play great football so the place should be rocking.

Crystal Palace vs Chelsea might be the more interesting match though if you are going for purely football reasons.

TheFlow

Banned
If you are going for experience of a full flow home stadium then this should be the best bet. White Hart Lane has one of the best atmospheres in the prem, easily the best in London and I think better than Anfield (its waaay overhyped). Tottenham should beat Burnley with ease, they play great football so the place should be rocking.

Crystal Palace vs Chelsea might be the more interesting match though if you are going for purely football reasons.

thank you for this as well. really appreciate. tickets are about the same for both matches as well.

Pep is going to win the CL, innit?

City still haven't played a team that has brought anything yet. I don't know what was wrong with Gladbach but they didn't play anywhere near what I expected or what they are capable of. Most teams haven't this season actually. City's best performance in the CL though, dominant start to finish and managed the pace of the game perfectly and kept a lot of players fresh for the weekend. Just need to work on that shot to conversion ratio.

Hey guys, I've been thinking: should there be a game maximum for flags caused or time stopped? Players who cause to many yellow or red flags get banned from the rest of the season. That way penalty abuse doesn't happen and players have to avoid being in "dangerous situations." It just sucks trying to get into this sport and seeing histrionics every few minutes.

Lunar FC

Hey guys, I've been thinking: should there be a game maximum for flags caused or time stopped? Players who cause to many yellow or red flags get banned from the rest of the season. That way penalty abuse doesn't happen and players have to avoid being in "dangerous situations." It just sucks trying to get into this sport and seeing histrionics every few minutes.

I don't know the specifics but I do believe their are suspensions for yellow card accumulation through the season.

Kuros

leaning towards this.

edit: looks like it is a home game for westham. would I get harrassed if I wore a hull city jersey/shirt

Don't wear a Hull shirt amongst home supporters. Always a chance of getting ejected or some moron fan having a go.

PatjuhR

If anything else than Munchen, City, Madrid or Barca wins the CL I'm happy.

City for Guardiola reasons. I don't like the guy.

Blablurn

Remember how we always played in the first half of the season vs the second half.
I'll admit city looks very good for a team who had such a big summer with a new coach and so many new players.

True True True. Gonna be interesting to see how they look after a long winter

NHale

Pep is going to win the CL, innit?

Let's talk in April when Man City is completely fatigued after the intense December-January Premier League schedule. There will be some growing pains for Pep as a result of that because unlike Spanish and Germany, the English FA doesn't care about giving more rest to English clubs in european cups. Just look at the example Mourinho gave yesterday. They play Liverpool, Fenerbahce and Chelsea in the same week. Common sense would say they would put Chelsea game in the following Monday, right? No. They did the opposite and schedule Liverpool on Monday. So they play Monday-Thursday-Sunday that week. Completely baffling.

The only way Man City wins the CL is if they are eliminated from the EFL Cup and FA Cup at the first game they play.

Kuros

Let's talk in April when Man City is completely fatigued after the intense December-January Premier League schedule. There will be some growing pains for Pep as a result of that because unlike Spanish and Germany, the English FA doesn't care about giving more rest to English clubs in european cups. Just look at the example Mourinho gave yesterday. They play Liverpool, Fenerbahce and Chelsea in the same week. Common sense would say they would put Chelsea game in the following Monday, right? No. They did the opposite and schedule Liverpool on Monday. So they play Monday-Thursday-Sunday that week. Completely baffling.

The only way Man City wins the CL is if they are eliminated from the EFL Cup and FA Cup at the first game they play.

It's not the FA. It's the TV companies.

EmiPrime

Why did they hire him in the first place? Also, he didn't exactly 'display' it. He was just wearing a shortsleeve shirt that meant it was exposed.

Fair point. Everyone knows what he is about.

Going to London in December so I decided to look up the prices for the Arsenal vs Manchester City match. Hory shit! are these the normal prices for soccer games over there.

the starting price is 190 for a game that is 3 months away.

You're buying a ticket from a reseller for a highly desirable match. What do you expect? Us club members still have to pay far too much but we don't pay £190 starting price lol.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ehind-manchester-city-in-the-champions-league

I don't think he realises that there are no more fans and it's called the emptihad for a reason. Poor pep, he deserves better than city.

You must be the most tiresome troll of this sub forum. Do you ever actually contribute anything decent to discussion. Nope. If you actually knew the base systems of the game then you would know for a UEFA reschedule no tickets are allowed to be sold on the day, when the time wasn't even announced until the morning of the game that meant no extra tickets could be sold or exchanged. Lucky to get the 36k that did show up out of the people who already bought tickets and the BMG fans were class that took the hit in the pocket for the worst storm I have ever seen in Manchester.

If you also actually knew anything about the prem you would know that the average attendance at the Etihad is 98.3% with only West Ham, Arsenal, and United bringing in larger average attendance figures.

City still haven't played a team that has brought anything yet. I don't know what was wrong with Gladbach but they didn't play anywhere near what I expected or what they are capable of. Most teams haven't this season actually. City's best performance in the CL though, dominant start to finish and managed the pace of the game perfectly and kept a lot of players fresh for the weekend. Just need to work on that shot to conversion ratio.

Xhaka did so much work organizing Gladbach last year that I'm not surprised they couldn't effectively hold that ball against City. Its going to take them time to get used to spreading the ball around more now.

MrKaepora

giphy.gif

Brinbe

Pretty close to the ideal lineup out there right now for United with this 4-3-3 sans Rooney. Just missing Shaw at LB. They should win this.

King_Moc

Banned
You must be the most tiresome troll of this sub forum. Do you ever actually contribute anything decent to discussion. Nope. If you actually knew the base systems of the game then you would know for a UEFA reschedule no tickets are allowed to be sold on the day, when the time wasn't even announced until the morning of the game that meant no extra tickets could be sold or exchanged. Lucky to get the 36k that did show up out of the people who already bought tickets and the BMG fans were class that took the hit in the pocket for the worst storm I have ever seen in Manchester.

If you also actually knew anything about the prem you would know that the average attendance at the Etihad is 98.3% with only West Ham, Arsenal, and United bringing in larger average attendance figures.

Don't City often report a sell out, or close to a sell out, despite having a suspiciously large number of empty seats though?

Top Bottom