• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Audioboxer

As bad as we've played no one deserves to lose an offside goal.

Just insult to injury when you've utterly failed in attack.

Jose better take his crazy pills, back to back defeats is going to test him.

As bad as we've played no one deserves to lose an offside goal.

Just insult to injury when you've utterly failed in attack.

Jose better take his crazy pills, back to back defeats is going to test him.

Whatever gets us out of this joke tournament. Thursday matches are rough.

Syder

Mou got out-tacticed just a little bit.
MouTiny.png

Don't City often report a sell out, or close to a sell out, despite having a suspiciously large number of empty seats though?

They usually do sell out, I don't know the answer to why there are obvious empty seats at times. I regularly check to get tickets on a Friday before a game if I'm free for and very rarely are tickets available even with the exchange program. But the announcement of attendance is based on match day scanners. I know why the big sections on the upper tiers that are usually empty right up to the start of game and usually clears out quickly, they are the hospitality areas where everybody stays inside until the game starts. The back of house is decent so you get people moving about a lot. One of the biggest ones I remember from last season where 10k to 20k weren't at the game at the beginning of the Juve game this was due to major roads being closed and the tram line to the Etihad also down, filled up by half time but it looked dead early on. Maybe it is something as simple as the seats are bright blue and most people are usually wearing darker shades so they stand out more than at most grounds.

EmiPrime

Don't City often report a sell out, or close to a sell out, despite having a suspiciously large number of empty seats though?

We do that at Arsenal too. Lots of people with season tickets who can't always be arsed to go. It's a long running joke at this point.

Audioboxer

Good thing the goal Man Utd conceded was offside. Because now Mourinho got his excuse to use.

Also, happy for Kuyt and Jones!

Don't try and pretend any other manager wouldn't be pissed. It was offside.

I didn't say any of that. We would still be shit in the Champs League depending on our group.

Whatever cup we are in we should want to win. That's the way the club used to be under Fergie. Win everything.

Whatever cup we are in we should want to win. That's the way the club used to be under Fergie. Win everything.
I'm all about domestic cups and Champion's League but Europa has always been a joke to me. I'd rather not have our guys play on Thursday risking fitness, injuries and travel fatigue and focus on the league. Also, there's really no prestige in winning the champion's league lite even if it is a trophy we don't have.

Audioboxer

I'm all about domestic cups and Champion's League but Europa has always been a joke to me. I'd rather not have our guys play on Thursday risking fitness, injuries and travel fatigue and focus on the league. Also, there's really no prestige in winning the champion's league lite even if it is a trophy we don't have.

These players are suppose to be fitness superstars, I do not buy into the pandering the media do about "aww the poor players fitness". When you have a cohesive team playing well and wanting to win, they want to play in every game. The reason we have a big squad is to rotate as well.

You can't help injuries that happen freakishly on the pitch, no point in worrying about them before they even happen.

Rumor has it Mourinho is involved in picking the players, training them and preparing the strategy for the match.

No need to get snarky! If you watched the game you'd see how bad individuals were. And if you did watch it, how can you argue against me?

Pogba was really bad again. Mourinho even made a 3 man substitution at once, and Young had a fluffed decent chance and Memphis was shit as usual. It really was down to players not playing. Rojo and Darmian were awful at supporting the attack.

Meier

Essentially every ticketed event in the world reports attendance based on tickets sold which in most cases doesn't actually represent the number of people there. City generally sell out all the league games (something like 99% of the seats were sold last season) although obviously there are a lot of people who don't come to every game. Champions League games though have not sold out even in name that often.

El Topo

No need to get snarky!

I've been on the road for six hours today, sorry.

If you watched the game you'd see how bad individuals were. And if you did watch it, how can you argue against me?

Pogba was really bad again. Mourinho even made a 3 man substitution at once, and Young had a fluffed decent chance and Memphis was shit as usual. It really was down to players not playing. Rojo and Darmian were awful at supporting the attack.

He's choosing the players, he's coaching them, he's preparing the tactics. If they suck so much (without intention - it is Europa League after all), then he didn't do his job properly. I'm sure he's had a word in which players they signed. Personally I would assume they simply underestimated the opponent and/or just don't care about Europa League. It's hard turn up to 100% again when you're only giving 20%.

Audioboxer

I've been on the road for six hours today, sorry.

He's choosing the players, he's coaching them, he's preparing the tactics. If they suck so much (without intention - it is Europa League after all), then he didn't do his job properly. I'm sure he's had a word in which players they signed.

Hah, it's cool. I'm currently salty about the result!

I think the point I'm trying to make and failing is there were many capable players on the pitch and they didn't show up. Rojo is the only player I think is utter shit. Even Memphis has proof on his record with that season he had that led Man Utd to sign him. He didn't start, just got given a chance when Martial yet again didn't show up.

When the players don't show up like that 90% of the blame lies on them. Mourinho was still out there on the touchline barking orders at them and trying to get them going, I can't put the blame on him tonight. The 3 subs at once was also to show how pissed he was. Players still didn't respond.

It was their fault tonight and I doubt you'll find many Man Utd fans blaming Mourinho. Heck he even gave Rooney a "rest" like many fans have been screaming for.

Audioboxer

The players didn't cover themselves in glory either. 2 shots on target with Martial, Rashford, Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Depay and Mata on the pitch is obviously not good enough for Man Utd.

That's what I meant. Mourinho still put out a capable side and they didn't do anything. Complete lack of effort.

I quoted you with what I said as tonight is probably the one night where Mou is actually justified to blame everyone but himself lol. Offside goal, but more importantly, terrible effort from a 1st team squad.

That's what I meant. Mourinho still put out a capable side and they didn't do anything. Complete lack of effort.

I quoted you with what I said as tonight is probably the one night where Mou is actually justified to blame everyone but himself lol. Offside goal, but more importantly, terrible effort from a 1st team squad.

I will admit he probably should criticize the players tonight. But do you think as a Man Utd fan that Mourinho's tactics gets the most out of these players?

Audioboxer

I will admit he probably should criticize the players tonight. But do you think as a Man Utd fan that Mourinho's tactics gets the most out of these players?

They were playing better the first few games of the season with attacking fullback play. Darmian and Rojo proved tonight they have no place in a squad at this level. More so Rojo.

Even without them playing well the rest of the squad should still have won this game.

Juries out on Mou tactics long term but I don't think he's done anything horrifically wrong so far. Whatever Martial is going though off the pitch with breakups/cheating/ex's he's bringing it onto the pitch and he's performing woeful. Gotta get his head sorted.

Bailly has been the biggest success so far and played well again tonight.

LNBL

Damn didn't expect Feyenoord to win! shame depay couldnt show anything, he should've left on loan last transfer window.

Excited for PSV-Feyenoord this weekend

VLiberty

hahahhaha Roma
hahahahahahhahahahah Inter

oh my god so bad. Sassuolo, on the other hand.... holy shit. Now that's a serious team.

uckily we are getting 4 CL places anyway in 2018, otherwise we were never going to if we had to get them through the ranking. Outside of Napoli and Juve, our teams in europe have been mostly crap in the past years. And even Napoli and Juve had their embarassing moments in CL and EL.

These players are suppose to be fitness superstars, I do not buy into the pandering the media do about "aww the poor players fitness". When you have a cohesive team playing well and wanting to win, they want to play in every game. The reason we have a big squad is to rotate as well.

You can't help injuries that happen freakishly on the pitch, no point in worrying about them before they even happen.

No need to get snarky! If you watched the game you'd see how bad individuals were. And if you did watch it, how can you argue against me?

Don't forget forgettable Schneiderlin. Holding mid that looks afraid to make a mistake.

Who knew Fellaini was the best holding mid we have. Yes, Herrera has the quickness and work rate...but something tells me Fellaini would have marked the guy who scored today.

Can't wait for Sunday.

norinrad

I miss LvG, oh well interesting times ahead at the old toilet. Heck even the brothers wife chaser could do better with this team. Madness.

Meier

You a Frank fan? It would be a bit harsh, but supposedly he's got a smallish buyout.
They'll just ride him out until Simeone. They either paid off Mancio's final year or are paying it out over time -- what's the point of throwing money at a third coach in the interim? There's too much talent there for FDB to not figure it out.

norinrad

So Frank de Boer getting fired after this weekend or what?

lol I hope not, though I think Frank's downfall would be the language barrier. He's shit at English and I'm not sure about his Italian fluency. This is not a job like diplomats using a translator.

acohrs

Really like the Friday night format, better than Monday nights although I know a lot will disagree. Think my team Chelsea will put it out the bag tonight, but the result will be close and both teams will score definitely. Chelsea and Liverpool could not keep clean sheets to save their lives at the moment.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So....

"Pogba needs the right system to thrive", but when Özil joined us, it was 'A player worth that should run the game himself' ?

C'mon now

Csam5HPXYAABmil.jpg:large

Top Bottom