• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Floody

Probably won't be able to watch most of the match today, but still can't wait, should be a good game with both teams looking great attacking and both having a defence that can just collapse at any time. I also think it'll be our first real test (Arsenal and Spurs were tough but we usually play well against them and Leicester were just poor against us, so didn't really test us much) so hoping we continue to improve and finally find some consistency, though Kante and Matic are going to be hard to beat.

Also, can't wait for Conte and Klopp to both kill each other if it's a close game.

So....

"Pogba needs the right system to thrive", but when Özil joined us, it was 'A player worth that should run the game himself' ?

C'mon now

Csam5HPXYAABmil.jpg:large

Missing the "amount of haircuts stat", Pogba is world class at that.

Though I do think he'll come good eventually, even if I'm enjoying teasing my United mates with it

Fdkn

So....

"Pogba needs the right system to thrive", but when Özil joined us, it was 'A player worth that should run the game himself' ?

C'mon now

Ozil in his worst form is a way better player than Pogba. I'm glad Madrid didn't fall for it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Ozil in his worst form is a way better player than Pogba. I'm glad Madrid didn't fall for it.

I agree. He gets called lazy yet still runs the game.

In the Southampton game he didn't play well, yet still made a few defence splitting passes, letting the strikers get one on ones

spidye

because he hasn't abused any medical staff yet?
So many strange tactical decisions and how he treats some players is beyond my understanding.
Is schweinsteiger really worse than fellaini? Lingard against city? Making Mickey publicy the scapegoat. Losing against feyernod
And it's still september

Audioboxer

So many strange tactical decisions and how he treats some players is beyond my understanding.
Is schweinsteiger really worse than fellaini? Lingard against city? Making Mickey publicy the scapegoat. Losing against feyernod
And it's still september

Actually yeah, as Fellaini as a defensive CM is actually rather good. Plus his height and he has a little pace.

Lingard deserved a chance as he's a good player, but he ultimately disappointed against City. So did Micki. Both of them were anonymous and had terrible ball control.

Last nights game was totally on the players as well.

It's up to Mou to sort the players out, but lets calm down a bit, 3 out of 4 wins isn't too bad. The attacking play when it has worked has still been night and day compared to last season.

norinrad

And it's still september

Lingard is not a good player, far from it, he was able to thrive in LvGs system because there were no better players available. Look at the Dutch national team at the world cup, all average players except two and the system was setup to hide the crap making them successful.

Martial and quite a lot of kids were thriving under LvG, not so under Mou.

Heck he even managed to make Mike Smalling look good. LOL

Meier

They'll just ride him out until Simeone. They either paid off Mancio's final year or are paying it out over time -- what's the point of throwing money at a third coach in the interim? There's too much talent there for FDB to not figure it out.

Supposedly if they lose to Juve he's out for Cappello. I can't imagine the cost in all this.. and this is a team who is already struggling under FFP issues. Bizarre.

Audioboxer

Lingard is not a good player, far from it, he was able to thrive in LvGs system because there were no better players available. Look at the Dutch national team at the world cup, all average players except two and the system was setup to hide the crap making them successful.

Martial and quite a lot of kids were thriving under LvG, not so under Mou.

Heck he even managed to make Mike Smalling look good. LOL

Martial's problem lies off the field. Not sure what to believe in tabloids but it doesn't sound like he's been the best of partners.

His whole body language and constant lack of concentration tells the story. He's often swinging his arms about and sighing/moaning at every mistake he makes as well. Guy needs dropped for a few games. At this point I'd even just give Depay a run in the first team. At shit as he's playing he's got no chance of turning anything around getting given 20 mins once every 5 games.

Sure most will say that's all he's deserved but I'd rather take someone on the pitch who knows he's this close to being offloaded, than someone with their head up their arse with personal problems.

norinrad

Martial's problem lies off the field. Not sure what to believe in tabloids but it doesn't sound like he's been the best of partners.

His whole body language and constant lack of concentration tells the story. He's often swinging his arms about and sighing/moaning at every mistake he makes as well. Guy needs dropped for a few games. At this point I'd even just give Depay a run in the first team. At shit as he's playing he's got no chance of turning anything around getting given 20 mins once every 5 games.

Sure most will say that's all he's deserved but I'd rather take someone on the pitch who knows he's this close to being offloaded, than someone with their head up their arse with personal problems.

Offloading Memphis could help his career, Lukaku after being sold by that snake oil sales man was scoring for fun.

Martial has been hanging too much with Giggs

King_Moc

Banned
Matip in for Luicas, Coutinho in for Firmino (minor injury).

I think we're now at the point where Firmino being out for the game is a scary prospect. Still, I think Lallana, Mane Coutinho and Sturridge up top should give Chelsea a run for their money, and Clyne, Matip, Lovren and Milner is a fairly solid back four.

Syder

If Liverpool don't let the fact that they're playing Chelsea get to them (like they didn't against Leicester) then they could comfortably win this game.

sora87

Just scared of the Conte bollocking/inspiration chelsea will get at half time and some of our players losing some steam to close down fully

Top Bottom