• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Well it wasn't just luck why he won a ton of stuff. He's not handling this Man Utd team well though. Some egos needing shut down.

yeah thats like how long ago?

chelseas last season was disastrous, real madrid before ancelotti was disastrous

the last team he left with success until the end was inter milan

This United team is playing pants, nothing like a Mou team. It was clear they were missing some vital roles last year; a playmaker, a defensive midfielder, a quality central midfielder and a striker. They got Pogba, Miki and Ibra which has undoubtably covered three of the four, they might not have the depth or overall quality as City, Chelsea and Arsenal have at their disposal but they have some damn good players, better than most of the rest but what is with the off ball movement, it isn't like they are standing still in space they have a man on them. I don't care how good your midfielders are if the team isn't creating space for them to pass into they are going to be hindered. Pogba and Miki for a fact have the technical ability to play anybody in but they need that positive motion. They look their best on the break but not playing to that strength. Mou needs to tell the fans and the board to quit wanting attacking football and play to the teams strengths.

Watford were loads better. Really like Deeney.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
How the fuck do we not create like any chances with the players we have? 2 shots on goal against Watford is pathetic.

Pogba passing 90% of the time either lateral or back. Rooney losing a lot of balls. Shitty crosses all around.

United was dangerous only when the balls managed to finally reach Zlatan. And that because of Zlatan not some well exercised build-up play.

Inversive

.eJwVyVEKhCAQgOG7eAAdR0fHLiNSYkFpqPsUe_dtX374-B_x6adYxD7nPRaltmOsrW9yzNZTybK0Vs6c7mPItV0qzZnW_cp1DqXJIxL_67xjw1YheiBg45kAHLJlpa2hgE5HBMf8Xm3QESDEl95oTSEwsLdoA8Qq71rE9we-PSok.XffLYUXOmY2J45V70iLzocy5Pe4

Floody

What a difference a week makes, before the City game all my United mates wouldn't shut up about how great they are and how it's going to be their year, now they won't even talk to me.

Jarnet87

How the fuck do we not create like any chances with the players we have? 2 shots on goal against Watford is pathetic.

Rooney. Pogba completely lost as to what his role is. Telling to me that the goal came from a move the started with Zlatan coming short to get the ball and pushing with it, Rashford jumps on a chance while Rooney just puts his hands up like the useless shit he is. Lots of problems all over the pitch, but getting rid of Wayne and getting a proper midfield established will help.

King_Moc

Banned
What a difference a week makes, before the City game all my United mates wouldn't shut up about how great they are and how it's going to be their year, now they won't even talk to me.

Yup, all they'd done was beat Bournemouth, Hull and Southampton. Can't wait to play them, tbh.

Lunar FC

I believe the term being tossed around here was SAF era-esque. 😅

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
On BT talking about Man U needing a decent holding midfielder and everyone seems to have forgotten they bought Schneiderlin. What a waste.

so next few matches in PL will be against leicester, stoke and liverpool. i guess klopp will loose against mou since he aint special but leicester seems to be on the rise again and stoke needs points even more badly then ManU

It is if you ask bayern-gaf. Even if you don't ask them they'll tell you.

hey as a BVB supporter it was damn frustrating last season. also bayern didnt in CL every season before Pep came so (more like failing against milan and chelsea)...

Beefy

so next few matches in PL will be against leicester, stoke and liverpool. i guess klopp will loose against mou since he aint special but leicester seems to be on the rise again and stoke needs points even more badly then ManU

Stoke play Martins Indi tho....

Jarnet87

On BT talking about Man U needing a decent holding midfielder and everyone seems to have forgotten they bought Schneiderlin. What a waste.

They have Carrick and Schweinsteiger as well. I guess Mou just doesn't want to rely on them because of their age, fitness, jinury concerns but who knows. Fellaini has done the job asked of him but in that deep role he offers very little to the attack.

Cappa

Banned
Well it wasn't just luck why he won a ton of stuff. He's not handling this Man Utd team well though. Some egos needing shut down.
Benefited from big budget teams that carried on pure talent. Most opposing managers have got mourinho figured out by now which is why he can't just rely on pure talent anymore.

I'm sorry but mourinho should no longer be considered as a top 5 manager.
Of course it wasn't luck previously but that's why I say opposing managers have got him figured out.

Top Bottom