• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Manchester City Womens just won their league undefeated. That is the second Manchester City team in less than two years to win their league without losing a game.

Syder

Was it both of them? Huh, I'd convinced myself it was just Sullivan. Unprofessionalism encapsulated.
Sullivan said he had no knees and when Southampton signed him Gold said '£4m isn't a bargain if his wages are £100k a week'.

...and there it is, so predictable.

EmiPrime

The Olympic Stadium was a mistake, it's nothing but trash. That sort of stadium with West Ham's support is water and oil. Doesn't help that overzealous stewards seem to be telling fans even in the lower tiers behind the goals to sit down.

Syder

The Olympic Stadium was a mistake, it's nothing but trash. That sort of stadium with West Ham's support is water and oil. Doesn't help that overzealous stewards seem to be telling fans even in the lower tiers behind the goals to sit down.
We need safe standing behind the goals.

Fun fact: proper segregation with the away fans was only added for the Accrington game. Can only imagine the bloodbath we'd have seen if we'd played any rivals before then.

EmiPrime

Fun fact: proper segregation with the away fans was only added for the Accrington game. Can only imagine the bloodbath we'd have seen if we'd played any rivals before then.

Tottenham would have been tasty!

Sadly safe standing is too emotive a subject for the naysayers to look at logically despite the conditions that lead to Hillsborough being literally impossible to recreate at any PL ground.

Syder

Kinda disappointed in how Noble and Kouyaté have been playing so far this season. Defenders have no one to pass to because the midfielders are playing so high to compensate for the fact that we don't really have a physically able striker on the pitch. Zaza is just a passenger playing solo, maybe he'll come good when Carroll returns but right now I'd rather have Fletcher on the pitch.

Feghouli for Lanzini was a good sub though, he just didn't seem up for it.

Sadly safe standing is too emotive a subject for the naysayers to look at logically despite the conditions that lead to Hillsborough being literally impossible to recreate at any PL ground.
It'll happen eventually. Already making a comeback in Scotland.

slider

I always knew we'd suffer from the end of the honeymoon period (last season). But had no idea how bad it'd be. Still, I'm sure it'll come good eventually. Stings like a motherfucker right now though. At least it was Southampton who are one of the likeable teams.

King_Moc

Banned

EmiPrime

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/09/24/liverpool-supporters-group-begins-consultation-on-return-to-safe-standing-at-anfield/

Well, it's being discussed at least. It's safer than seating imo, considering how many stand up anyway.

Our lot tried but nothing came of it a few years ago. :( Hopefully Celtic can make a success of it (as if Germany's example wasn't enough...) and the fan groups can band together and make a big push for it.

And yeah, my seat for Wednesday night is half way up the lower tier behind a goal and as usual for that area I expect to be standing for most of the game. It's always going to happen so clubs should stop with these half-measures with their sort of but not really toleration of it with lenient stewarding.

la_briola

Schalkeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

mjlol.png

Every club needs them, ex-athletic stadiums more so. It has taken City years to get the Etihad anything remotely close to a proper football stadium, it still has a long way to go even with the money invested and another 750million outlined for further architectural improvements. Went from this to this and still doesn't feel close to a proper football stadium yet. A lot better than what it was but damn it was shit. Going from Main Road to the City of Manchester Stadium was a huge disappointment, there was massive hype at first due to finally some investment of some sort at that period then realising we actually had a pretty good stadium after all. Where the club is now going Main Road would have never have done and the investment to infrastructure of the club wouldn't have been possible without the relocation.

It's a bit suprising to see West Ham struggle to find a descent starting eleven, considering the amount of purchases and loans they have done these last two seasons. Don't want to be smug against them, but their transfer strategy does seem a bit random when you look at it.

Has anyone seen the latest joke from the comedic organisation known as FIFA?
According to them, racism is done, nothing to see here people!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/25/fifa-anti-racism-task-force-russia-2018-world-cup

Would love to say I'm surprised but honestly I'm not, the whole committee seemed like a useless sham from the beginning.

The way FIFA treated it has always been a joke. Same with UEFA. All it ever actually did was place slogans on advertising boards and create adverts for TV. Most of the fight against racism has come from third party organisations and the players themselves.

Top Bottom