• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

it's mostly the same team that won PL twice in 5 years and is always considered among the biggest title contenders.
he had players like aguero, de bruyne and sterling and still invested 212m into this team.

you can be sure they're not content with just winning the league the league. let's wait and see how they fare interationally

Sterling was shite last year

Maybe Pep would be unhappy to only win the league, but I think any fan would be mental to turn their noses up at that. They barely scraped fourth last year, and a lot of their players had been written off.

He's getting great performances out of a lot of players who I thought he'd want to upgrade on, Clichy, Sagna, Kolarov and Otamendi. He's spent a tonne of money of course, but his best work seems to be in raising the performance levels of those who were so disappointing last season, and the season before that as well.

Think its churlish as fuck to downplay the impact he's had so far tbh.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Zidane being the one who makes the steps towards Ronaldo to shake hands and Ronaldo not even looking at him. Kind of shows who's who at Real.

he was "out of shape" before the injury too.

He's finished.

Nah, he was still scoring lots of goals for Real.

Fdkn

Nah, he was still scoring lots of goals for Real.

I know, but he still played like shit. The only difference between then and a match like today is that today he didn't score.

VS Sporting in UCL he scored after a terrible match like this one too

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I don't understand how can you have Kroos, Modric and Bale who all played so great at Euro and all of them to be so muted in this Real? How can you not dominate the midfield with such players?

How can a team like Real play so shitty football and play mostly with long balls and some personal actions?

Edit: this rotation strategy is fucking up all the players.

RoyPlease.png

But still top of the league.. We needed to finish our chances in the first half, we didn't and paid the price for it.

King_Moc

Banned
What will it take for Spurs and City to finally lose a game?

Spurs were pretty lucky to not lose to Liverpool and they were at home. Other than that, they've played Everton, Palace, Stoke, Sunderland and Middlesbrough. So it's not exactly a shock that they've not lost one.

City could feasibly only lose to a Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs type team this year. We'll see when they face a proper test, I guess.

Floody

What will it take for Spurs and City to finally lose a game?

Spurs got beat by Monaco the other week, and Liverpool was unlucky not to beat them, so they are at least beatable. Who knows with City though, they've still not really came up against a really good attacking team, but they've also not struggled at all with anyone so far, and look great going forward, maybe they'll get their first lost due to fixture pile up more than anything.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
PC Gaf

FIFA 17 on PC releases tomorrow (MONDAY) using a Singapur VPN // 5 PM CEST // 8 AM West Coast // 11 AM East Coast

Top Bottom