• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
There is a huge gap between Kante and Matic/Fabregas most of the time. The midfield is just free for Arsenal to take it.

spidye

Is everything Ancelotti does in the league meaningless then, given the fact that you both outspend everyone else, and make it your modus operandi to buy/take your rivals' best players?

firstly, dormtund spent more than bayern

sexondly I won't judge Ancelotti after Bremen or Hamburg. CL is where it matters. Same goes for Pep.

firstly, dormtund spent more than bayern

sexondly I won't judge Ancelotti after Bremen or Hamburg. CL is where it matters. Same goes for Pep.

The PL is a tough league to win no matter how much teams spend, especially given how prone we are to mis-spending. Winning the league and nothing else would still be a great season for City.

He's not taken over a team where he could have done nothing and they'd have won the league anyway.

Chelsea should get rid of Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz and Courtois asap. Defence is in shambles without Terry and hopefully Zouma also returns soon(ish).

Costa and Kanté are the only players showing up today.

Moobabe

Shocking throughout - scars of last season are still extremely obvious.

Ivanovic has got to be on borrowed time - I don't care that he's been at the club for so long and is wearing the armband today - the fact is the Azpi is a BETTER right back than he is. He needs to be dropped.

Cahill, again, thinks he's got quality on the football but simply doesn't - that's 3 times in 3 games he's been caught dawdling and it's cost us every single time.

Aside from that there's no energy or desire to get close to Arsenal - Matic looks like he has no idea what his role in the team is.

Also no one is prepared to run with the football - that's a thing that players are allowed to do...

Moobabe

If we sack off Conte I think I might be done.

It's pretty clear over the past 3 seasons or so that some of the players have been on the decline.

Mourinho knew it and papered over the cracks - Matic, Fabregas and Costa coming in fired us to the title but they carried players around them.

We've got fundamental issues at the back - playing a right back at left back provides no balance in attack or defense - and Cahill has ALWAYS relied on his partner to make him look good.

I don't know how we change this game now - go two up front and go direct? Take Matic off and put someone in behind Costa? Get Ivanovic off for Alonso?

Examples? The only time I watch Chelsea is when my team play them (MOTD doesn't really count) so I don't see much of him.

He was being hailed as the best goalkeeper in the world (slightly behind Neuer) but for Chelsea his performances have been mediocre at best. Nowhere near the level of Petr Cech when he was still at Chelsea.

Besides that, he likes to complain in the media and has openly criticised the managers both at Chelsea and the Belgian national team.

I'd sell him back to Spain while they still want to put down a large bag of cash.

NHale

Chelsea has a rotten core. This isn't something that will be solved with a manager change

But I thought the problem was Mourinho antics and that he isn't a former player so he doesn't understand what players need. At least that was the always dedicated Hazard told the press.

spidye

The PL is a tough league to win no matter how much teams spend, especially given how prone we are to mis-spending. Winning the league and nothing else would still be a great season for City.

He's not taken over a team where he could have done nothing and they'd have won the league anyway.

it's mostly the same team that won PL twice in 5 years and is always considered among the biggest title contenders.
he had players like aguero, de bruyne and sterling and still invested 212m into this team.

you can be sure they're not content with just winning the league the league. let's wait and see how they fare interationally

panty

How fucking hard is it to defend or take control of the game after you've scored.

That defending was fucking terrible.

Top Bottom