• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Klopp. But can see the honeymoon period be over if he continues to insist our defending don't need sorting.

I think he sees it as a confidence thing, if he doesn't back his players then they're more prone to errors. This goes on for too long though and then he starts sounding out of touch with reality.

Am I in a proper minority here in thinking this nervousness surrounding Chelsea, both for this match and their standing this season is much ado about nothing? I don't see them walking it like last season, but I'm more sceptical about City's defence gelling well enough for them to be the front runners this season.

Audioboxer

Yeah, all the 3pm games are unavailable, City one should be on later

About 4 games we can't watch today

3PM games tho bruv?

It defies the sanity of logic. We're not going to give you a way to watch your own team, but we'll then crucify you for streaming it on the internet. Wut?

It'll never happen but in the perfect world, you'd pay a "season ticket like" price directly to your own club (Or even to Sky/BT) to get all the games for the year. As "real fan" banter aside, people live all across the UK who support a team and cannot go to the games live.

Although even then lots of fans of football do want to watch multiple teams, and not just their own team. So really, the solution should be no shitty licensing restrictions and all EPL games being shown on UK providers.

NBC is starting this shit in the US this year with their gold pass. Used to be every game was available on TV or online, now it’s something like each team has a minimum 3 games a season locked behind their paywall.

Damn. Chelsea matches too? Though it's quite cheap. $50 I think. Do all matches have original programming though? Including the ones on TV?

Am I in a proper minority here in thinking this nervousness surrounding Chelsea, both for this match and their standing this season is much ado about nothing? I don't see them walking it like last season, but I'm more sceptical about City's defence gelling well enough for them to be the front runners this season.

Just look at our bench today. Kennedy is the only player who has already played a game in the Premier League. Yeah, we're missing Hazard, Bakayoko, Pedro and Moses but our squad depth is really poor.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It defies the sanity of logic. We're not going to give you a way to watch your own team, but we'll then crucify you for streaming it on the internet. Wut?

It'll never happen but in the perfect world, you'd pay a "season ticket like" price directly to your own club (Or even to Sky/BT) to get all the games for the year. As "real fan" banter aside, people live all across the UK who support a team and cannot go to the games live.

I'd gladly pay for a UK equivalent to the NBC pass thing

But for now, streeeeeems will hadda do

I think he sees it as a confidence thing, if he doesn't back his players then they're more prone to errors. This goes on for too long though and then he starts sounding out of touch with reality.

He didn't sound too out of touch with reality here. Given that we went on to do well right afterwards, perhaps laying down the law more is something we'll see more of.

Audioboxer

its not bad, but free to $50 is still a poor move from them I think.

i feel like I need those cheap red/blue 3D glasses for this broadcast.

Edit - this Burnley kit is v nice.

It'll only get worse and more complicated, and then they wonder why it pushes people to Kodi boxes and the likes. Yes, rising costs to pay for Rooney's wages pisses everyone off too, but overcomplicating things is the surest way to cause some consumers to say fuck this and go down the paths they do.

I pay all this money each month to Sky and BT and I can't even see my own team play?

At least majority of United fans can remember when their team won the league last time, so no, it's not worse.

QheCOEh.gif

Of course they can remember. It's when they started supporting them.

4evpNXC.jpg

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It'll only get worse and more complicated, and then they wonder why it pushes people to Kodi boxes and the likes. Yes, rising costs to pay for Rooney's wages pisses everyone off too, but overcomplicating things is the surest way to cause some consumers to say fuck this and go down the paths they do.

QheCOEh.gif

I never use my Kodi box now, it's went to shite since they cracked down on it

I can watch all EPL games, Bundesliga, Ligue One and La Liga for 40 bucks. I got a hella deal.

sQQUOQh.gif

People in Scandinavia might be familiar with Viaplay lmao. Pretty good, but pretty annoyed they raised the price of it when they got the rights for Spanish and Italian football. Also got a PS4 app, so you can watch there too.

PL, CL, Championship, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, NHL, NFL etc for 400sek a month is worth it I guess.

xintin

Wonderful. 3 red cards in our last 3 games. At least Christensen will get a look now :/
Edit - That’s fully deserved though.

Audioboxer

I never use my Kodi box now, it's went to shite since they cracked down on it

I mean if you literally Google "soccer streams" and click the first link with the site beginning with R, there you go. That's why I say if TV providers make it overly complicated and restrictive for end users they run the risk of even "moral upstanding citizes" getting pissed off. If you pay £40 or more for all the sports packages each month on top of the rest of your TV package, phone and BB and get told "3pm kick off means you can't watch bro" it'll cause the undesired reaction of pushing people to streams.

Begin the battles of the UK Government in its authoritarian approach 'shutting down the internet' by getting the courts to block streaming websites like it does torrent sites. It's like the music industry and Napster days all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom