• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
"Spend some fucking money" being chanted by Chelsea fans has to be one of the most ironic thing in the history of ironic things

awful ref today, cahill fully deserved the red but he's been awful since.
chelsea done well considering the mess they put themselves in and Morata has looked good.

Icolin

Banned
"Spend some fucking money" being chanted by Chelsea fans has to be one of the most ironic thing in the history of ironic things

1272535664_roman-abramovich-is-happy.gif

Morata has been immense. Can't see Bats starting again this year. Morata just changed the game. Looking at the fight shown, I can safely say this won't be Mourinho season.

Lashley

yeah, I really like the look of Morata

He looked a bit shit at first but he's proved me wrong

It is only Burnley though

Lashley

hehehe

First defending Champions to concede three in their opening game

What an opening weekend

xintin

Morata looks fucking aces, proved me wrong when I doubted why he was coming on. 3-2 with nine men is what it is.

Fuck Craig Pawson though, got the Cahill decision right and everything afterwards wrong.

DukeBobby

Not a great performance by Everton, but I'll take it. 3 points is 3 points after all.

Tricky games coming up, though. We urgently need a striker.

POSITIVES
- fighting spirit
- Morata > Lukaku
- cahill red carded
- board will have to spend more after this embarrassing defeat

NEGATIVES
- 0 points
- cesc red carded
- Liverpudlian defence

could be worse I suppose

DBT85

What would your odds have been on Arsenal, Pool and Cheslea all conceding 3 goals this weekend? Or only getting 4 points between them lol

Audioboxer

The real news today is that Wayne Rooney is a fantastic player, should be first on the England team sheet and that Man Utd have made a huge mistake. I don't know about you, but as a Premier League Expert, I fancy Rooney to lead Everton to where the club deserves. Don't have Lukaku, Morata, Aguero, Coutinho (he's getting sold anyway) or Lacazette in your fantasy team. The real player to have is Rooney.

8hXrqNP.gif

Well the positives are that Morata looked really fucking good, even after fucking up that would have been 3-2 goal.

Rudiger also looked good I thought, which might sound weird after conceding 3. But two of the goals were on Luiz and Christensen, while one was just... Really fucking well taken, when Kante could probably have done more to stop him, but can't really be blamed.

Overall though, why it was hard to expect this kind of start, i absolute believed Chelsea would struggle, and I think Conte will leave before the new year, if something drastically doesn't change in the transfers department. There's too many areas in that team, that are way too weak for what he will accept, and we know he has no problem walking.

Chelsea’s gonna have it rough with these suspensions.

Burnley played so poorly in the second half. Didn’t deserve to get away with it.

Brighton next!

Morata looked good. The team showed a lot of fight for being down by 3 and a man. The result is shit and our depth is devastated even further for the Spurs game thanks to the reds so it was a pretty terrible day but there were positives to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom