• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl2291

This time last year Huddersfield were one of the favorites to be relegated from the Championship.

Right now, we're top of the Premier League.

Dream land.

Taken in isolation, our spending this window is fine.

It's just that we let so many go that our squad is exceedingly thin.

How was Christensen after he came on? Radio 5 Live suggested he was pretty good.

We had a big squad at the start of last season then let Oscar Mikel and ivanovic go without replacing them then Costa is in limbo, matic is sold, and JT went. We're still at least 3 players short, it's been a terrible window for us so far.

People scoffing at the idea of us spending money but… do some research? We've lost a lot of players, manager is fuming about it, we generally sell to buy to stay within FFP, our net spend is low this season, same thing as Jose was 2 years ago, we're competing in multiple competitions and unlike other teams we actually like to win trophies.

The club want young players with resell possibilities and Conte was experience. Think he is going to get what he wants, because the board will know he will actually walk if he's not getting backed

I was sceptical of City, but watch them come out with a 6-0 and brutalise Brighton, staring at every other club whose played today who had any inkling of challenging for the title.

Fady K

Still shaking my head why they let Batshuayi start instead of Morata. He's hold up play is shocking today. I miss Costa. :(

I loved Michy in preseason, but he's been shocking in the Community Shield and today as well. Crazy how Morata scored with 10 men and assisted with 9.

Happy for Rooney to score on his second debut. However we're going to need to be much better, I'm not holding out much hope for the next few games we have. A new striker to change with Sandro is needed quickly.

Beefy

Ignore him - Arsenal win one game and he's already running his mouth off ;)

In Chelsea news...

Positives first I guess: Morata looks a class act. Christensen grew into it, Rudiger too - having both of them in a new look back three is probably what cost us though. Nice to see a bit of fight second half as well, rather than us looking sorry for yourselves.

Negatives... Cahill's idiocy cost us the game. Him going off forced 2 new guys into a back three with Luiz (who isn't the best organiser). Also I think going to three at the back after the red was a mistake, we should have just gone 4 at the back so we could keep pressure on Burnley higher up the pitch.

Other notes: added time remains a massive joke. Pawson constantly pointed at his watch when Burnley were wasting time and we got 4 minute added on. Four. In the second half there were 5 subs, 2 goals and a red card BEFORE any time wasting.

Oh and Burnley can fuck off. Run around a lot and defend with as many people as legally possible. They're like Allardyce's Bolton without any of the quality or flair.

I would have been way more worried if we didn't create chances. Swansea came down to do one thing.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Alvaro Morata has now scored:

🇪🇦 La Liga debut
🇮🇹 Serie A debut
🇬🇧 Premier League debut

tenor.gif

Mory Dunz

oh, that's silva?

First game she reffed! She reffed the uefa CL female championship game. And also the female Euro final.
If i heard correctly she is the first female to ref in the top 5 leagues.

She did a a great job reffing today!

ok, I've definitely seen her in several women's games

Blame the ref, criticise anyone but the players and totally ignore the reasons why you lost just like Mourinho's last season.

Also, Clattenburg's a wanker.

I mean, I'm pretty sure if you read my posts above I called the defending awful?

Not sure there's any posts where I said we played wonderfully. Ref is a twat and looking for it, but we also played dreadfully in the first half which was unnecessary

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing start for the season! Arsenal wins, Liverpool draws, Chelsea loses 😂

Go Brighton!

Tbf, I wouldn't be turning to Clattenburg of all people for vindication.

They're all shit, but seeing as everyone (who've spent all day shitting on Chelsea, shockingly) were all whining that I said it wasn't red, figured I'd point out someone who agreed with my assessment.

We'll have to see if the red card is rescinded, assuming we appeal it

TrueBlue

They're all shit, but seeing as everyone (who've spent all day shitting on Chelsea, shockingly) were all whining that I said it wasn't red, figured I'd point out someone who agreed with my assessment.

We'll have to see if the red card is rescinded, assuming we appeal it

Heh. Now that this thread has a measure of activity again, surround sound bollocking is to be expected - especially if a big team loses. Just gotta roll with it.

Syder

I mean, I'm pretty sure if you read my posts above I called the defending awful?

Not sure there's any posts where I said we played wonderfully. Ref is a twat and looking for it, but we also played dreadfully in the first half which was unnecessary
I was talking about the tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom