• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
#BHAFC team v #MCI: Ryan; Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner; Brown, Propper, Stephens, March; Gross; Hemed

CITY XI | Ederson, Walker, Kompany (c), Otamendi, Stones, Danilo, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, D Silva, G Jesus, Aguero

faridmon

#BHAFC team v #MCI: Ryan; Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner; Brown, Propper, Stephens, March; Gross; Hemed

CITY XI | Ederson, Walker, Kompany (c), Otamendi, Stones, Danilo, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, D Silva, G Jesus, Aguero

Former Everton Youngster. Good on him for coming up to the Premier League with Brighton

Jimrpg

The real news today is that Wayne Rooney is a fantastic player, should be first on the England team sheet and that Man Utd have made a huge mistake. I don't know about you, but as a Premier League Expert, I fancy Rooney to lead Everton to where the club deserves. Don't have Lukaku, Morata, Aguero, Coutinho (he's getting sold anyway) or Lacazette in your fantasy team. The real player to have is Rooney.

8hXrqNP.gif

Tons of experience, and was a class apart, especially towards the end of the game!

Gana deserves a special mention - freak of nature was everywhere!

Audioboxer

Tons of experience, and was a class apart, especially towards the end of the game!

And the extra kicker? Man Utd probably still have to pay a portion of his wages! Everton making out with world class talent like bandits.

Watch Lukaku fail to score tomorrow and Man Utd to draw 0-0 or 1-1.

I'll agree with anyone who says Everton will miss Lukaku as the season goes on, but it speaks volumes when you see Rooney covering damn near every corner of the pitch from start to finish.

The real news today is that Wayne Rooney is a fantastic player, should be first on the England team sheet and that Man Utd have made a huge mistake. I don't know about you, but as a Premier League Expert, I fancy Rooney to lead Everton to where the club deserves. Don't have Lukaku, Morata, Aguero, Coutinho (he's getting sold anyway) or Lacazette in your fantasy team. The real player to have is Rooney.

8hXrqNP.gif

If Everton get to glory with Rooney I don't think I could carry on.

Beefy

Transfer business has been weak imo, and you're set to lose your best player.

I hope I'm wrong though, I like you lot.

Not finished yet, talking to a few players. If we are still unable to score that many after 10 games then yeah I will start to worry. Least we kept a clean sheet I guess. 😂

Moobabe

It one game fam

Ignore him - Arsenal win one game and he's already running his mouth off ;)

In Chelsea news...

Positives first I guess: Morata looks a class act. Christensen grew into it, Rudiger too - having both of them in a new look back three is probably what cost us though. Nice to see a bit of fight second half as well, rather than us looking sorry for yourselves.

Negatives... Cahill's idiocy cost us the game. Him going off forced 2 new guys into a back three with Luiz (who isn't the best organiser). Also I think going to three at the back after the red was a mistake, we should have just gone 4 at the back so we could keep pressure on Burnley higher up the pitch.

Other notes: added time remains a massive joke. Pawson constantly pointed at his watch when Burnley were wasting time and we got 4 minute added on. Four. In the second half there were 5 subs, 2 goals and a red card BEFORE any time wasting.

Oh and Burnley can fuck off. Run around a lot and defend with as many people as legally possible. They're like Allardyce's Bolton without any of the quality or flair.

Mory Dunz

How long has Germany had female main refs?

that's cool.
I think I recognize her, but not from the Bundesliga.

there should be more these days

Fergie

Banned

8hXrqNP.gif
K0mQzEO.gif

mid83

In every interview he's done so far he has lashed out (indirectly) against the board for selling players and not bringing in reinforcements.

Is Chelsea not spending like they used to? Just getting back into the sport this season so I've bend out of that loop after several years away.

Man city usually starts and ends the season good, it's the middle that fucks them up. Hopefully they decide to play a whole season this time.

Not finished yet, talking to a few players. If we are still unable to score that many after 10 games then yeah I will start to worry. Least we kept a clean sheet I guess. 😂

Pfft, a clean sheet? A defence capable of doing their job? Who needs that?

Wait, how they lining up their backline? Two right backs?

Danilo, Walker, Jones, Kompany, Otamendi?

Danilo on the left, likely this:

-------------------Ederson
-----Otamendi - Kompany - Stones
----------------Fernandinho
Walker - De Bruyne - D Silva - Danilo
--------------Jesus - Aguero

Substitutes: Bravo, Sterling, Mangala, Sane, B Silva, Yaya Toure, Foden.

Is Chelsea not spending like they used to? Just getting back into the sport this season so I've bend out of that loop after several years away.

We're spending, but only to replace other players. And seeing that we also have CL to contend with this year, that's not enough.

Costa <--> Morata
Matic <--> Bakayoko
Begovic <--> Caballero
Zouma <--> Rüdiger

Also Aké, Terry, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek have left the club without bringing in any replacements. Squad depth is non-existent at the moment.

How long has Germany had female main refs?

that's cool.
I think I recognize her, but not from the Bundesliga.

there should be more these days

First game she reffed! She reffed the uefa CL female championship game. And also the female Euro final.
If i heard correctly she is the first female to ref in the top 5 leagues.

She did a a great job reffing today!

TrueBlue

Taken in isolation, our spending this window is fine.

It's just that we let so many go that our squad is exceedingly thin.

How was Christensen after he came on? Radio 5 Live suggested he was pretty good.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

How was Christensen after he came on? Radio 5 Live suggested he was pretty good.

He almost scored until Morata ruined it

Pretty good. Would have scored a great goal if Morata hadn't intervened.

Fady K

Damn. What a messed up game. Pissed me right off. Having said that, did not expect to almost come back from 3-0 down with 9 men. Also Morata was really, really special. Scored a goal, an offside goal and assisted as a sub. Not sure who will partner Kante against Tottenham. Yikes.

That level of honesty and self-reflection

QYKz22n.gif

That's me all game haha. Most frustrating match I've seen in ages.

Ionno if the last goal was offsides, also really hard to tell in real time. I'm not even sure if video review would have overturned it.

Yeah, video replay has thus far proved to be a bit shaky.

Yup 2 offiside goals. One of them clear as day. Though I must say we should have buried that game in the 2nd half with all those misses. Salah should've had 4 goals, Gini missed a sitter, a header off the bar for Matip and a couple of others. So really, it's Liverpool's fault why they drew. They can't blame anyone but themselves and also Klopp should take blame also.

Mirrors our game today too - our fault for making our own mess. Salah can be guilty of that at times, glaring misses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom