• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh. Now that this thread has a measure of activity again, surround sound bollocking is to be expected - especially if a big team loses. Just gotta roll with it.

Which is fine but I'm not going to ignore when I disagree to whining on my own posts.

Quite funny looking at the teams people support enjoying us lose one match as well, gotta give them their moment because it doesn't happen often

Audioboxer

I'm going to save this just so I can remember Huddersfield were once top of the premier league.

Reckon we can beat Newcastle next weekend...

It's a home game so.... Time for everyone to run to the bookies and put Huddersfield on to win the league at 2000/1.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Which is fine but I'm not going to ignore when I disagree to whining on my own posts.

Quite funny looking at the teams people support enjoying us lose one match as well, gotta give them their moment because it doesn't happen often
I mean there was that Jose season and the beginning of last season.

Garjon

My word Brighton are awful. Parking the bus at home on your first match and still seriously struggling to keep City out. Every time they've gone on the attack they've just lumped it straight to a City defender.

Audioboxer

My word Brighton are awful. Parking the bus at home on your first match and still seriously struggling to keep City out. Every time they've gone on the attack they've just lumped it straight to a City defender.

Yeah, but if you hit the ball to John Stones sometimes things happen.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
They're new to the league. Can hardly blame them for playing it safe against the big teams.

Syder

Hopefully Pep tells City to go all-out attack in the second half

Either we get some goals or Brighton score on the break

Garjon

They're new to the league. Can hardly blame them for playing it safe against the big teams.

There's playing it safe and then there's showing a total lack of ambition and drive to win. Even then, they're really struggling just to do that and with better finishing, City would have had several goals already.

Syder

There's playing it safe and then there's showing a total lack of ambition and drive to win. Even then, they're really struggling just to do that and with better finishing, City would have had several goals already.
Their squad is probably the same price as Benjamin Mendy. I don't blame them for playing like this at all.

Audioboxer

0JIfakl.png

You hear that Jesus?

6UoOpj1.jpg

The game is suffering from late kick off fatigue. I hate the 5:30pm kick offs.

I mean there was that Jose season and the beginning of last season.

One outlying season? And 2 matches against you and Liverpool we lost before we went on a 13 match winning run? 😂

As I said, it doesn't happen often so enjoy it while you can while we continue winning trophies.

Even if we have a bad season in the league this year, we'll be fine in the long run, haven't done a good job of maintaining momentum after winning the league since Jose left the first time but at least we've done it and won plenty of other cups along the way.

Audioboxer

One outlying season? And 2 matches against you and Liverpool we lost before we went on a 13 match winning run? 😂

As I said, it doesn't happen often so enjoy it while you can while we continue trophies.

Even if we have a bad season in the league this year, we'll be fine in the long run, haven't done a good job of maintaining momentum after winning the league since Jose left the first time but at least we've done it and won plenty of other cups along the way.

LzbRiQi.gif

This is more exciting than watching Man City...

So today we have had entertaining but awful football and boring but quality football. Hopefully in the second half we get entertaining and quality. When does La Liga start?

Don't blame Brighton at all. Aguero's weekly wages probably equals that of the entire team.

City should be ashamed that they havent had more chances

Garjon

Can't believe City hasn't been able to score.

They've been really bad IMO, aside from one or two flashes of brilliance. I've lost count of the amount of times City players have been alone in the box with sight of goal and the ball has gone straight to a defender or passed sideways.

Audioboxer

Wind Them Up & Watch Them Go!

;)

From above I actually think Pep can be pretty smart with his dress code. Dude tries.

I am however a fan of the Tony Pulis School of "I don't give a fuck about your fancy clothes I'm wearing my trackies"

q5VCAIF.jpg

gYDxIOV.jpg

O6XSQDd.jpg

Dude always suits up like a boss for his interviews after

DLPxjov.jpg

I think he's TracksuitSuperMan. Rips it off after the game for the suit and tie underneath post-match interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom