• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

Can't wait for the Spanish supercup tomorrow.

Madrid-Barcelona games are always entertaining
and full of fuckery.

Anyone else who is a Liverpool fan here relate to the feeling of the club absolutely ruining your weekend with their incompetence?

Literally everything is going smoothly in life, yet Liverpool keep finding ways to make me unnecessarily angry over a relaxing weekend.

Anyone else who is a Liverpool fan here relate to the feeling of the club absolutely ruining your weekend with their incompetence?

Literally everything is going smoothly in life, yet Liverpool keep finding ways to make me unnecessarily angry over a relaxing weekend.

Yep Liverpool losing/putting in a bad performance usually makes my whole weekend feel shit.

Kyoufu

Now imagine being a fan of lower teams, especially poorly ran ones like Newcastle. :(

PowderedToast

it's worse because you can wipe the slate clean and be optimistic when a season starts. all they had to do was not be proper shit.

who knows, we might have a great season but you'd be silly to think so based off today.

I try and keep perspective and laugh with it. At the very least a draw on day one isn't the worst. Hoffenheim however...

Man the shit US got me down

For real it makes me so angry. Least you know at least one team in the prem is gonna pay ridiculous money for VVD after today.

Well I didn't think we'd be sitting at the top of the league at the end of Saturday. Pretty surreal (even though I know it won't last long). We were good today but Crystal Palace had so many chances at 0-2. Zaha is a quality player.

Blablurn

Good first game for Bayern! Playing Leverkusen next week will not be as easy though. I hope we are ready. Coman looked good btw.

Anyone watch the Huddersfield game? I'm keen to hear any impressions on Aaron mooy, the Australian. I have read he played well but that was on an Australian site.

it's worse because you can wipe the slate clean and be optimistic when a season starts. all they had to do was not be proper shit.

who knows, we might have a great season but you'd be silly to think so based off today.

It's just the general aura surrounding the club right now.

- Horrible transfer window where we didn't get our targets before the season starts.
- Coutinho hands in a transfer request a day before the season starts despite saying otherwise all summer.
- We don't have a plan B throughout the transfer window and leading us to have an anemic bench and a poor defense still.
- Today's performance solidifying everything that's wrong with us right now.
- Lack of any real intent from us if we can't keep Coutinho, especially after how poor this summer was.

United, Arsenal, City and even Everton did everything to improve. We are literally stagnating, if not going to become worse.

The worst part is how Liverpool fans keep turning on each other whenever they point out the negatives.. It's always 1 step ahead and 5 backwards after a good season.

Best wishes.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Excited about United tomorrow but nervous, id like to see some good football, id settle for a scruffy win but another season of bad performances and not winning will suck me dry.

spidye

Good first game for Bayern! Playing Leverkusen next week will not be as easy though. I hope we are ready. Coman looked good btw.

rudy's been easily our best transfer this summer. think about that for a second

tolisso...., man I hope he won't turn into sanches 2.0

so many errors against a lower league team. this can kill us agains a top tier team

We Chelsea fan can relate to that feeling. It happens to us every alternate year though. Mourinho season was heartbreaking.
Now this year has begun badly. :(

Syder

How the fuck did this defence let in 3 goals? I know the attack and bench is dire but Jesus Christ... maybe Chelsea will go hard for VvD now?

hx3my3r.jpg

Slaven Bilic I reckon.
If that happens it'll be because our owners are shit peddling tossers. Not because it was deserved. Probably.
Our board know we're always going to have rough starts because we don't get our stadium back and ready until a few weeks into the season.

If the board didn't sack him after last season, they won't sack him this year because much like last year there are far worse teams out there even when we're piss poor for long runs.

Cahil got red carded and everyone lost their composure. Defense was in shambles and 3 goals were conceded. They got their shit together in 2nd half. Burnley's 2nd goal was brilliant though.

Carl2291

Anyone watch the Huddersfield game? I'm keen to hear any impressions on Aaron mooy, the Australian. I have read he played well but that was on an Australian site.
Our engine today, a lot like last season. Did the rough job infront of the back 4 and broke down a lot of what Palace tried down the middle.

Usual eye for a good pass, great cross for the Mounié goal. Solid game.

Syder

He's in my fantasy team. Not expecting that many points but he was fairly cheap for how good a player he is.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
why would lanzini take a sideways move to the dippers when his shirt is hanging up on messi's wall?

Kyoufu

Anyone had football dreams before? Last year I dreamt that we'd draw 2-2 with Liverpool and then it happened.

A couple of weeks ago I had a dream we lost our first 5 opening matches :'(

What annoys me is that I was worried about our attacking play with Coutinho and Lallana out, but despite a poor midfield display, the front 3 stepped up

Yet despite scoring 3 goals we don't win because as feared, its the same old shite defending set pieces. Everyone zonal, nobody moving, nobody paying attention to their biggest threats. Allowing a team to take 4 shots from inside the 6 yard box is frankly a shitshow.

Labadal

Our defense was laughable yet again. None of them deserve to play in the next game. Moreno needs to be sold. He kept staying close to Amrabat yet he had no chance in the physical play. Just back off and go in for the ball, but no. Set pieces as usual. We need a new CB and make peace with Sakho. Mignolet isn't good enough. Henderson my be a good press player, but he isn't good enough with his passing, he needs to go. Origi should play in a mid table team at best. I said last season that we should try to sell. Our top three were the only ones up for the task. Can had some good moments.

Were there any offside goals against us? I neither know or care anymore. We did all this to ourselves.

The only player I feel sorry for today is Boga. He never got the chance. I little laugh must be had at Conte not playing Morata from start, too. They need to get another striker when Costa leaves.

Other than that, I have been a lifelong Huddersfield fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom