• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I love the Premier League. Every team is basically shit.

Not even joking. Like, looking at things objectively I should be appalled at the deficiencies each top side has and how poorly they measure up to Europe's elite.

But for piss taking purposes the Premier League is phenomenal.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I'm just hoping Newcastle get spanked 4 or 5 to distract from us getting bent over by Lukaku yet again.

love that the only place lukaku can't score against us is in the defilement bowl where we routinely chuck a few in for fun.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
don't think i've ever called it the same thing twice actually. wish that kind of creativity filtered down to the players.

Our engine today, a lot like last season. Did the rough job infront of the back 4 and broke down a lot of what Palace tried down the middle.

Usual eye for a good pass, great cross for the Mounié goal. Solid game.

awesome, thanks.

Just wish he could string some top class games together for the Socceroos now.

He's in my fantasy team. Not expecting that many points but he was fairly cheap for how good a player he is.

Yeah, I had him in my fantasy team too and he ended up on 7 points. Not bad for my fourth mid.

If you watched his friendly against England last year, you can tell he is up to EPL standard. He seems to lift when the competition is harder too. Hopefully its going to be a good buy for 4.5m

Kyoufu

I think United will win 1-0 and Newcastle will draw against Spurs.

Spurs are seeking revenge so I don't think we'll get anything against them tbh.

Although we have been their kryptonite ever since I started watching football, so who knows. Our first team is weak so I'm not expecting anything positive.

Syder

Yeah, I had him in my fantasy team too and he ended up on 7 points. Not bad for my fourth mid.

If you watched his friendly against England last year, you can tell he is up to EPL standard. He seems to lift when the competition is harder too. Hopefully its going to be a good buy for 4.5m
Sad turn of events that City let Mooy go while Fabian Delph is still stealing a living as a footballer there.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Anyone watch the Huddersfield game? I'm keen to hear any impressions on Aaron mooy, the Australian. I have read he played well but that was on an Australian site.

Moot was up there for motm, but he's always one of our best so he would be. I don't actually know who got motm but it could have been him...

Our engine today, a lot like last season. Did the rough job infront of the back 4 and broke down a lot of what Palace tried down the middle.

Usual eye for a good pass, great cross for the Mounié goal. Solid game.

He got down the wing a lot more than usual and adapted well to the reduction in time he was able to get on the ball for the most of last season. Also he actually played well with Billing for a change. Still would prefer him in the centre with the Iron Hogg

Zasa

Oh wow, expected goals on full display on BBC now. Great to see. No idea about the model they're using, but a good step forward regardles.

You can bet your money on Coutinho and his shitbag agent causing more rumbles on Monday or during the Tuesday afternoon to disrupt our match against Hoffenheim.

Moot was up there for motm, but he's always one of our best so he would be. I don't actually know who got motm but it could have been him...

He got down the wing a lot more than usual and adapted well to the reduction in time he was able to get on the ball for the most of last season. Also he actually played well with Billing for a change. Still would prefer him in the centre with the Iron Hogg

Good to hear, thanks for the update.

Mooy apparently plays a lot more in the defence for Hudders compared to when he plays for the socceroos, as more of an attacking midfield. That said, he is waaaaay more consistent as a defensive mid.

I'd like to see how he'd go for Hudders and in the EPL as an attacking mid.

If we (Australia) can get Mooy, Rogic (Celtic), Luongo (QPR) and Irvine (Burton) all firing for the national team, we will catch a lot of teams unaware at the World Cup (like we did against Chile in the confeds, without Mooy and Rogic on the park).

faridmon

Benteke, Townsend, Loftus-Cheeck, Van Anholt, etc and lost to Huddersfield at home 0-3

Some players just believe their own hype way too much

Syder

Benteke, Townsend, Loftus-Cheeck, Van Anholt, etc and lost to Huddersfield at home 0-3

Some players just believe their own hype way too much
Thing is, that's a Sam Allardyce team. Allar-dici and De Boer couldn't be further apart in philosophy.

Given some time I think he'll get Palace playing nice football but who knows if he'll be given it.

faridmon

Thing is, that's a Sam Allardyce team. Allar-dici and De Boer couldn't be further apart in philosophy.

Given some time I think he'll get Palace playing nice football but who knows if he'll be given it.

I don't doubt that De Boer needs time to instill his style on the team, but man the players who were supposed to be top class let him down big time. Al these stars and they lost to a promoted side at home 3-0

The players were just pathetic, If I was a Place fan, I would be disgusted with some of these attitude I just saw on MotD

Zaha off to Spurs?

I would feel a lot better if both United and Spurs lose tomorrow. But Eriksen and Lukaku can save my FPL after Fabregas and Alonso fucked it up. So whatever.

Coutinho is definitely not staying with the way Klopp is talking. The faster we get 120m+ the better because we will have time to fund some transfers.

Honestly just pay premium for Keita, Van Dijk and some up and coming number 10 and let the fans take a sigh of relief for a day or two. We can't haggle anymore because teams know that we are desperate and have the money.

I've always been okay with players wanting to leave, but I don't understand why is it always with Liverpool that we see shit situations with players leaving lately. If Coutinho keeps improving, Barca will not turn down the chance to sign him next year as Iniesta or Rakitic's replacement.

Best wishes.

I don't doubt that De Boer needs time to instill his style on the team, but man the players who were supposed to be top class let him down big time. Al these stars and they lost to a promoted side at home 3-0

The players were just pathetic, If I was a Place fan, I would be disgusted with some of these attitude I just saw on MotD

Zaha off to Spurs?

I'm a Palace fan and I'm not disgusted with the players. I am very concerned about the manager. We play counter attacking football with fast, tricky wingers and a big man up top to get on the end of crosses. We cannot play possession football with that team or that striker. It's madness. We do not have the luxury of "bedding in" a new style. We stayed up last season because of Sam and because of Sakho. We don't have either now so we cannot afford to not play to our strengths. We can't even fall back on throwing money at a Pulis or a Fat Sam at Christmas to dig us out of a hole because there are not any more of those sorts of managers to go for. I have no idea what Parish is playing at.

Lunar FC

Salah must be confused lol. In Serie A conceding a goal is one of the worst thing that can happen. While in EPL, no one give a shit lol.

What is worse than conceding? 🤔

Also:

Seria A goals in 2016/17: 1,123 (2.96 per match)
Premier League goals in 2016/17: 1,064 (2.8 per match)

Syder

Seria A goals in 2016/17: 1,123 (2.96 per match)
Premier League goals in 2016/17: 1,064 (2.8 per match)
giphy.gif

pbsapeer

Banned
It's just the general aura surrounding the club right now.

- Horrible transfer window where we didn't get our targets before the season starts.
- Coutinho hands in a transfer request a day before the season starts despite saying otherwise all summer.
- We don't have a plan B throughout the transfer window and leading us to have an anemic bench and a poor defense still.
- Today's performance solidifying everything that's wrong with us right now.
- Lack of any real intent from us if we can't keep Coutinho, especially after how poor this summer was.

United, Arsenal, City and even Everton did everything to improve. We are literally stagnating, if not going to become worse.

The worst part is how Liverpool fans keep turning on each other whenever they point out the negatives.. It's always 1 step ahead and 5 backwards after a good season.

Best wishes.
I agree with this tbf.

RocknRola

Not sure how Juve fans like the new symbol/emblem but I really like it. Super simple and classy, it works really well on the shirts too:

20748057_1924250137602206_2972242600237926381_o.png

T-Rex.

Banned
Watching Klopp's presser and it does seem like he wants to get rid of Coutinho while FSG don't. I hope he's actually pragmatic and uses him if he stays rather than banishing him to the fucking Night's Watch.

It's just the general aura surrounding the club right now.

- Horrible transfer window where we didn't get our targets before the season starts.
- Coutinho hands in a transfer request a day before the season starts despite saying otherwise all summer.
- We don't have a plan B throughout the transfer window and leading us to have an anemic bench and a poor defense still.
- Today's performance solidifying everything that's wrong with us right now.
- Lack of any real intent from us if we can't keep Coutinho, especially after how poor this summer was.

United, Arsenal, City and even Everton did everything to improve. We are literally stagnating, if not going to become worse.

The worst part is how Liverpool fans keep turning on each other whenever they point out the negatives.. It's always 1 step ahead and 5 backwards after a good season.

Best wishes.

Don't worry, there's always next year.

GeeTeeCee

Ugh, I'm not looking forward to our match against Tottenham today. Ashley's latest antics have already wrecked what little positive hopes I had for the season.

We're going to get absolutely demolished.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Ugh, I'm not looking forward to our match against Tottenham today. Ashley's latest antics have already wrecked what little positive hopes I had for the season.

Yeah but it's the bogey match for Spurs. I don't have huge hopes for Toon ATM but will hold off judgement until we see how they play today.

Watching Klopp's presser and it does seem like he wants to get rid of Coutinho while FSG don't. I hope he's actually pragmatic and uses him if he stays rather than banishing him to the fucking Night's Watch.

I did get that feeling. Think he very much has the opinion if someone doesn't want to be there, they're worth nothing to him. At this point I could go either way, as long as we bring more people in whatever the outcome.

Dadasch

Lets see how he performs in the Bundesliga!

Ehm...not good, that's for sure.
Bayern just relies too fucking much on the Bundesliga but right now there aren't players like Lewandowski or Hummels available for very good conditions (Lewandowski for free is probably the biggest "robbery" I can think of) so they buy players like Rudy, Gnabry and Süle (well, Süle is quite good actually).

You can't exploit Dortmund for much longer...so you either spend more money or you try buying these big talents just to develop them within your own club.

Rummenigge is panicking right now. Dude, there won't be a salary cap. :D

near

Gold Member

We're seeking justice for the last time we met, well at least I hope that'll be our mentality.

T-Rex.

Banned
I did get that feeling. Think he very much has the opinion if someone doesn't want to be there, they're worth nothing to him. At this point I could go either way, as long as we bring more people in whatever the outcome.
I'd keep him no matter what. What happens if Bayern come in for Mane next season or whatever, do we just sell again? If we want to win trophies we really need to start holding onto our best players otherwise this pattern will just keep repeating itself where we lose our best players just when it looks like we might start challenging for stuff again.

Not sure how Juve fans like the new symbol/emblem but I really like it. Super simple and classy, it works really well on the shirts too:

20748057_1924250137602206_2972242600237926381_o.png

It's absolutely terrible and another step towards taking football away from the fans and making it more marketable. It really is a shame. Hence why I am a major advocate for fan ownership. Those are the only people you can trust not to sell out their club like Juventus did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom