• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeBison

In the case of a goalless draw, do Americans say zero-zero or nil-nil?

"It's ended evens at zero-zero as they leave the field here, Jim. Johnson had a chance when he burst through the defensive quartet and hit the upper 90. His cleats really connected with that one, but the frame came to the rescue."

Jerry

"It's ended evens at zero-zero as they leave the field here, Jim. Johnson had a chance when he burst through the defensive quartet and hit the upper 90. His cleats really connected with that one, but the frame came to the rescue."

You disgust me

Beefy

Long it isn't like the 'expert' they use for the US footy Sky shows I am fine. She makes up more shit then any BT commentator combined.

DBT85

Mouthvomit.jpg

Though to be fair it's still better than the bollocks that passes for co-commentary from Michael Owen.

DBT85

You haven't watched US 'soccer' on Sky, it is worse then Owen.

It can't be, surely? They might use all the wrong words but Owen has come out with some true wonders.

“Whichever team scores more goals usually wins.”

That would’ve been a goal had it gone inside the post

It’s hit the facial part of his head, there

When they don’t score, they hardly ever win.

If there’s a bit of rain about, it makes the surface wet

Beefy

It can't be, surely? They might use all the wrong words but Owen has come out with some true wonders.

Watching US footy. They have a 'expert' who is worse then Quinn, here is a few lines she has used.

" When a team play more games together they know what each other do"

" When a player gets back from injury they step up training"

" Players that play a lot together play better"

" When a player gets back from injury they aren't at their peak"

" This player had concussion so he had to go off, he was disappointed and shaking his head when i asked him" Why not leave the dude alone?

and loads more shit

She is so fucking bad haha

This and more was said, who ever she is , she makes Owen sound decent.

Who'll be the first chap to wear these? :p

nike-mercurial-superfly-manga-concept-boots-pack%2B%25284%2529.jpg

I'd rock them if they were real... I'm all about loud boots in general.

Final three for europes best player award which will take place on August 24th are

Buffon
Messi
CR7

Buffon please win!
Yeah he wont :(

MikeBison

Final three for europes best player award which will take place on August 24th are

Buffon
Messi
CR7

Buffon please win!
Yeah he wont :(

Cannot stand this now long time trend of calling players 'CR7'. Especially when people try and do it for other players. Like i'd see other Liverpool fans calling coutinho PC10 or whatever. I cringe so hard I turn inside out.

JoeNut

ugh i have a bad feeling about hoffenheim, all the negativity around Coutinho plus the poor defensive issues at the weekend makes me think we'll end up conceding a few tonight

So, expectations for today's round of CL playoffs?

• Qarabağ vs København - 17:00
  • Sporting CP vs FC Steaua București - 19:45
  • Hoffenheim vs Liverpool - 19:45
  • Young Boys vs CSKA Moskva - 19:45
  • APOEL vs Slavia Praha - 19:45

UK time for all btw.

Expecting victories from København , Sporting, Hoffenheim, Young Boys and Apoel today (though not necessarily in the playoff itself).

Arguably Liverpool and CSKA seem the more likely candidates to cause a "surprise" in my predictions.

København have been absolutely trash for the season so far, and barely made it through zilina and vardar. On top of that our only cb from last season just got injured for the year out, and the one actual cb in the team had been largely unimpressive ever since arriving.

It's not impossible that Copenhagen will win the. But don't go bet on it.

DBT85

So United get pot 2 for winning Europa but would have got 3 if they came fourth? Seems dodgy.

I don't think we got pot 2 for winning Europa (could be wrong) it's our coefficient that got us pot 2.

And winning something has got to be better than winning nothing anyway.

MikeBison

Liverpool's coefficient was improved by being in the final a couple of years back. Without that, probably wouldn't have been seeded.

Fat lot of good it did anyway, Hoffenheim is a tough fixture regardless.

Jerry

I predict 2-2 for the pool game.

Spurs are now linked with a young Spanish CM who can barely get a game for celta vigo, which begs the question why did we loan out Josh Onomah?

NHale

Portuguese newspapers are saying West Ham is going to meet Sporting's demands for William Carvalho and close the deal in the last couple of days. Increased transfer fee for €35M + €5M add-ons + increase payment upfront.

Apparently Arsenal isn't biting.

Tunoku

40 mill seems decent in this market. I’m really confused why Arsenal isn’t interested anymore.

Oh right, it’s Arsenal.

RocknRola

København have been absolutely trash for the season so far, and barely made it through zilina and vardar. On top of that our only cb from last season just got injured for the year out, and the one actual cb in the team had been largely unimpressive ever since arriving.

It's not impossible that Copenhagen will win the. But don't go bet on it.

Not a betting man so I can made all the absurd predictions I want at will heheh :p

Syder

You didn't say "PK" but 10/10 for effort that was truly disgusting.

MikeBison

Just to dig the boot in a little more, he's a video most of you have seen i'm sure. But for those of you who haven't, here's how 'Soccer' used to do penalty shoot-outs...

Utter Gold

near

Gold Member
I predict 2-2 for the pool game.

Spurs are now linked with a young Spanish CM who can barely get a game for celta vigo, which begs the question why did we loan out Josh Onomah?

Poch has mostly used Onomah in advanced midfield roles and I think he really needs to be playing regular first team football to develop more, I've not liked him off the bench at all. As opposed to Winks who is more suitable in a deep-lying playmaker role that can also slot into advance positions, he works quite well as an impact player and played for us way more than Onomah did last season. I think Pape Cheikh is a target to fill a rotational void in CM he isn't a priority by the looks of things anyway.

MrS

Banned
Ronaldo should and will win the award.
Definitely the most deserving player for it. He was a beast in the closing stages of last years competition.

Pique's performance against Madrid on Sunday is the worst I've seen in El Clasico for years. He scored an own goal and was completely at fault for the other 2 goals with his terrible defending. Awful.

Predictions for tonight:
Boro will win 4-1
Liverpool will win 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom