• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

RulkezX

Spurs agreed personal terms with Serge Aurier.

Yes please!

3 days ago all the papers said he'd agreed term with United.

I still think they're just throwing shit at a wall , Aurier isn't a Poch type player. I'll be surprised if he wants someone like that in the dressing room.

Pics or it didn't happen?

I've seen several Spanish outlets claim he showed them, after that international match. AS being one of them https://en.as.com/en/2017/06/09/football/1497007753_443797.html

And more importantly, Conte just said "yes that was clear from January, that he wasn't being part of the team next season" or similar, when asked about the message. He doesn't attempt to deny it at all. Don't see why anyone would cast doubt over if that message has been sent or not.

Who'll be the first chap to wear these? :p

nike-mercurial-superfly-manga-concept-boots-pack%2B%25284%2529.jpg

These are concepts drawn up by a French designer. Nike not involved. Having said that, yeah those things would find their way to quite a few lockers.

Never understood why none of the companies licensed Captain Tsubasa / Tom / Majed for a limited line of boots.

How much did Costa cost Chelsea?

Not all that much (38mil is what is usually said). But you could still make a case for Chelsea losing money, that they could have potentially made from selling him, now that he is being such a bitch. The market change quickly in these years.

Syder

I've seen several Spanish outlets claim he showed them, after that international match. AS being one of them https://en.as.com/en/2017/06/09/football/1497007753_443797.html

And more importantly, Conte just said "yes that was clear from January, that he wasn't being part of the team next season" or similar, when asked about the message. He doesn't attempt to deny it at all. Don't see why anyone would cast doubt over if that message has been sent or not.
That's not really proof though.

Regardless, I don't know what Costa expects. He wants to go to Atlético, Atlético can't play him. Clearly, he either doesn't want to play for anyone else or no one else will pay the fee Chelsea want.

RocknRola

Not all that much (38mil is what is usually said). But you could still make a case for Chelsea losing money, that they could have potentially made from selling him, now that he is being such a bitch. The market change quickly in these years.

Fair enough. Though I can see them getting at least 30M for him with some ease.

These are concepts drawn up by a French designer. Nike not involved. Having said that, yeah those things would find their way to quite a few lockers.

Never understood why none of the companies licensed Captain Tsubasa / Tom / Majed for a limited line of boots.

Yeah I always wonder if there was a simple lack of interest (on both sides) or the whole licensing thing became a real issue.

Captain Tsubasa boots would become best sellers I feel. Everyone guy my age (24) I know watched it when they were kids as well, feels like on those kinds that was almost universal to football fans of a certain age.

How much proof do you want, other than every fucking journalist saying it happened (and some saying it made contes relationship with the board complicated), Costa saying it happened, and Conte not denying it at all( if anything implying it's true) ? It's about as certain as we can be, without costa showing you the message himself, before calling the number to confirm Conte picks it up.

MikeBison

Paulinho playing in China was not reflective of his quality, only of his desire for money.

He's a perfectly good fit for Barca's midfield, and his age isn't an issue since they're looking for an urgent solution for a couple of years ahead of further rebuilding.

Now add in Dembele and Coutinho / anyone competent and they're good to go.

Are you mad bruv? Have you seen Paulinho play for spurs? I repeat, one of the worst players i've ever seen play for spurs, and they had Younes Kaboul at the time.

They won the title, Costa isn't really gonna lose them money because what they got last season from him was probably worth it

That's a silly point. Yes Costa was important to that, but in the end, money is still quite possibly being lost.

Money being lost by him being a bitch =/= he is a negative on the Chelsea finances overall.

Doc_Drop

That's a silly point. Yes Costa was important to that, but in the end, money is still quite possibly being lost.

Money being lost by him being a bitch =/= he is a negative on the Chelsea finances overall.
It's not a sill point, it's just looking at the larger context in terms of player value. Feel free to disagree over that,but it's not like the bought him for 40 and selling for 20

It's not a sill point, it's just looking at the larger context in terms of player value. Feel free to disagree over that,but it's not like the bought him for 40 and selling for 20

The larger picture is nice to look at, and costa has done a lot of good for Chelsea. Doesn't mean the board/club should accept not getting the maximum amount of money selling him.

Syder

How much proof do you want, other than every fucking journalist saying it happened (and some saying it made contes relationship with the board complicated), Costa saying it happened, and Conte not denying it at all( if anything implying it's true) ? It's about as certain as we can be, without costa showing you the message himself, before calling the number to confirm Conte picks it up.
That isn't proof though. Journalists saying things has never been proof.

I'll take anything Diego Costa says with a pinch of salt.

NHale

Correction. Atletico can buy who ever they please but they can only be registered january 1st 2018. So they can join the club anytime but only play competive football from that date. The same Barcelona and Real had and hopefully will happen to PSG as well.

This. They already signed Vitolo this summer and loaned him to Las Palmas until January.

Why do you keep ignoring, that Conte and Chelsea aren't denying it either? And even the most reliable journalists are saying this as well... It's about as much proof you can realistically get, about the inner workings of something like this.

So no one denying his and journalist's claims are true... But they are probably still false, because you haven't seen the messages with your own eye.

Meanwhile the earth is also flat. I've seen a map once.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Who cares if the text is legit?

Costa was whining for a move earlier than that, so is it any shock Conte decided he wasn't part of his plans?

Who cares if the text is legit?

Costa was whining for a move earlier than that, so is it any shock Conte decided he wasn't part of his plans?

I think it's silly to claim they are not. Legit. But of of course it isn't a shock, and I think it was completely justified, even as much as I love Costa. If Conte wants a stable squad, Costa had to leave really.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seferovic saved our asses last night with a goal 92mins in for a 0-1 win, thats 3 goals in 3 official games, not shabby at all for someone I had zero expectations for.

DukeBobby

It looks like Gareth Barry is off to West Brom.

I scoffed when we signed him a few years back, but he definitely played his part for us. Best of luck to him.

Syder

Meanwhile the earth is also flat. I've seen a map once.
This is a pretty bad comparison because I can independently confirm the earth is round without going to space. I have no way of proving what Antonio Conte texts people without seeing solid proof.

So, yeah, I'm going to keep waiting on actual confirmation. Not sure why the club or Conte would give this story the time of day. Meanwhile, Costa continues to make himself look bad.

Normally I'd fully be behind a PL club getting into the CL but after that Europa run by Liverpool it reminded me very quickly of how mental the non-scouse Liverpool supporters actually are. Could do without having to hear about how they are going to win the CL before getting knocked out at the group stages.

RocknRola

So, expectations for today's round of CL playoffs?

• Qarabağ vs København - 17:00
  • Sporting CP vs FC Steaua București - 19:45
  • Hoffenheim vs Liverpool - 19:45
  • Young Boys vs CSKA Moskva - 19:45
  • APOEL vs Slavia Praha - 19:45

UK time for all btw.

Expecting victories from København , Sporting, Hoffenheim, Young Boys and Apoel today (though not necessarily in the playoff itself).

Arguably Liverpool and CSKA seem the more likely candidates to cause a "surprise" in my predictions.

la_briola

Seferovic saved our asses last night with a goal 92mins in for a 0-1 win, thats 3 goals in 3 official games, not shabby at all for someone I had zero expectations for.

He always gave it his all when he played for Frankfurt, just extremely shaky in front of the goal. When he didn't throw a tantrum, he was nice to have in the team.

GL with him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom