• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

He can play LW, a position where Bayern needs someone younger than a White Walker like Ribery. I'll take him over slow James at that position any day.
429265.png

faridmon

I was discussing the general application of punishment in football, not throwing a pity party over Ronaldo being suspended for a handful of games. I suspect you overemphasized and misread the "...in a moment of frustration..." line of my post.

That doesn't excuse anything, whether you are frustrated or not, if you push the referee, then you should get suspended

Beefy

You are mad if you think they will sell Draxler. Also Shaw should have never left Southampton, the guy has a lot of mental health problems. I feel sorry for him.

barber

So, I have been arguing with some friends about the chinese football league level. Can someone comment around which is it? European 3rd level, Southamerica, USA,...?

Syder

So, I have been arguing with some friends about the chinese football league level. Can someone comment around which is it? European 3rd level, Southamerica, USA,...?
It's sub-English League 2 in average player quality but has a few top league quality players jammed in.

Icolin

Banned

On par with or better than the other leagues in Asia (Qatar league, J-League, K-League, etc), but significantly below South America and the US; that comes down to the (low) quality of domestic players. It's around League 2 level as Syder said.

To strengthen the league, they should take pointers from MLS, which has a similar structure to the Chinese League. Like MLS, the Chinese league teams have 3 or 4 marquee players each, but in addition to that, MLS allows teams to sign international players that aren't at the marquee player level, so every team has maybe 11 international players. China, in contrast, allows just those 3 or 4 international players on each team, and the rest are Chinese; what MLS did by allowing teams to sign more internationals than just the 3 highest paid players is bridge the gap between those marquee players and the domestic talent pool, which strengthened the quality of the league. By contrast in China, there's a massive gap in quality between the 3 or 4 internationals and the Chinese players, leading to a low quality of play.

The excuse is that they limit the amount of foreigners so that they can better develop the Chinese players, but that's just a fundamentally flawed idea, given that the developmental system is nowhere near good enough right now.

China should have a high number of foreigners now until China can start to produce decent players, and then gradually reduce the number of foreigners in the league once the domestic players get better. Until then, China and the Chinese Super League will be sub League 2 level, and China's national team will be the underachievers they've been for a long, long time.

Paulinho playing in China was not reflective of his quality, only of his desire for money.

He's a perfectly good fit for Barca's midfield, and his age isn't an issue since they're looking for an urgent solution for a couple of years ahead of further rebuilding.

Now add in Dembele and Coutinho / anyone competent and they're good to go.

So is Costa lying about Conte texting him saying basically that his services aren't required in an effort to force through a move?

I don't get why, if Costa isn't wanted that Chelsea won't get sell him, okay his value has gone down but they can afford to take the hit surely? Better than letting him rot and leaving for free in a year or so.

So is Costa lying about Conte texting him saying basically that his services aren't required in an effort to force through a move?

I don't get why, if Costa isn't wanted that Chelsea won't get sell him, okay his value has gone down but they can afford to take the hit surely? Better than letting him rot and leaving for free in a year or so.

He only wants a move to Atleti and they are banned from making transfers until January

Syder

He's probably lying or at the very least distorting the truth, Conte doesn't directly handle the purchasing/selling of players. If Conte did send that text it wouldn't have been without telling the club first.

Let's not forget who kicked up the fuss about leaving mid-way through a title-winning season.

He's probably lying or at the very least distorting the truth, Conte doesn't directly handle the purchasing/selling of players. If Conte did send that text it wouldn't have been without telling the club first.

Let's not forget who kicked up the fuss about leaving mid-way through a title-winning season.
Has Conte said much about this? He seems a bit too professional but for a while Costa has been controlling the narrative as far as the media has been concerned.

WriterGK

Spurs agreed personal terms with Serge Aurier.

Yes please!
If you want someone that attacks Policemen and talks shit about the whole squad and coach when High on Marihuana,.then yes please...
If you want a normal good right back should.have gone for someone like De Sciglio or Hysaja .But Walker left and he let his dog eat his girlfriend pussy, so Aurier is alright then xD

If you want someone that attacks Policemen and talks shit about the whole squad and coach when High on Marihuana,.then yes please...
If you want a normal good right back should.have gone for someone like De Sciglio or Hysaja .But Walker left and he let his dog eat his girlfriend pussy, so Aurier is alright then xD

Is that a figure of speech? Tell me it is.

... What?

Kyoufu

wat

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I don't think Hoffenheim has what it takes to kick Liverpool out of CL, but if that would happen it would be glorious. Not going to happen though.

Linius

Never change Karel, never change.

The whole ordeal has been a mess, as far as i can tell costa really doesn't understand english very well and neither does Conte.
Conte sent a message to everyone telling players to enjoy their holidays but to also stay fit, costa must have miss-read the message completely and sent an angry reply and thats it.
Costa has tried to force a move back to madrid every single transfer window since he arrived at chelsea, this is no different.
My bet is on a badly worded text messages that got miss-read leading to Costa trying his luck yet again to force a move.
Confusing thing is hearing that Costa was celebrating Luiz making it 3-2 against burnley by jumping in the air and throwing his phone last weekend so he clearly still has some love for chelsea.
Whole thing is a mess, wouldn't surprise me if yet again Costa returns to training and plays for chelsea until January when he will be sold back to Madrid.

The whole ordeal has been a mess, as far as i can tell costa really doesn't understand english very well and neither does Conte.
Conte sent a message to everyone telling players to enjoy their holidays but to also stay fit, costa must have miss-read the message completely and sent an angry reply and thats it.
Costa has tried to force a move back to madrid every single transfer window since he arrived at chelsea, this is no different.
My bet is on a badly worded text messages that got miss-read leading to Costa trying his luck yet again to force a move.
Confusing thing is hearing that Costa was celebrating Luiz making it 3-2 against burnley by jumping in the air and throwing his phone last weekend so he clearly still has some love for chelsea.
Whole thing is a mess, wouldn't surprise me if yet again Costa returns to training and plays for chelsea until January when he will be sold back to Madrid.

Nothing confusing about that. He still got lots of friends at the clubs, as he also points out himself. Makes sense for him, to want them to do well... Even if he can't stand Conte.

Also Costa hasn't tried to force a transfer every window at all. He has a few times though, and with his personality, it's easy to see why Conte would want something more stable up front.

I think he will end up being bought by atletico now, and loaned out until January.

WriterGK

They paid 80 million for Morata. And they have Michy for backup. Yeah they don't want Diego anymore. But they are going to make a loss on selling him.

Conte certainly sent that text. He pretty much admitted that, and Costa has shown it to lots of journalists. Conte most likely did not tell he was sending that though, no. But probably just told the club he would let him know or something... Not through a fucking text message though. Easy to imagine scenarios where he just didn't tell in the manner be would do it.

In the end, that was a bit disrespectful, but nothing compared to the lack of respect Costa has shown several times.

WriterGK

Correction. Atletico can buy who ever they please but they can only be registered january 1st 2018. So they can join the club anytime but only play competive football from that date. The same Barcelona and Real had and hopefully will happen to PSG as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom