• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
25958o4lcc.png

Dermot Corrigan‏ @dermotmcorrigan

Today first time in nine years Madrid have had more possession than Barca in any Clasico - 52%-48% - says @2010MisterChip

MrS

Banned
What does this Madrid team have to win to be considered as good as or better than Pep's Barca team? Zidane has won virtually every trophy he's contested so far. Scenes if they 3peat the Champions League.

What does this Madrid team have to win to be considered as good as or better than Pep's Barca team? Zidane has won virtually every trophy he's contested so far. Scenes if they 3peat the Champions League.

Treble, however I'd be more than happy with a double this year.

going by that showing by barca, the portuguese Tony pulis actually didn't do that bad against this team in the super cup

barca should bid for fellaini

Zidane since he became a manager lost 7 matches and got 7 titles. For every defeat he gets a trophy
p0QHO.gif

7 titles is absolutely insane.

This year alone it is already 4 (CL, league, supercup, supercopa) and in december he has the chance to win a 5th trophy (insane) in one year. Maximum is 6 titles in one calender year.

Syder

Not sure why people are so baffled by the Jonny Evans bid.

I know West Brom aren't a glamorous club but he's a great player, United never should've sold him.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

I know West Brom aren't a glamorous club but he's a great player, United never should've sold him.

I wouldn't say he's great, but he's homegrown and competent enough to be a squad player.

Syder

Stokelona is alive and well, lads

z3bf0bpes3gz.jpg

Does Sigurðsson start this weekend? Do Everton play Gylfi, Klaassen and Rooney as shadow strikers? (AKA the Football Manager meta) 🤔

longdi

Banned
Is zidane a really good coach or...? His wins are laughing at those super coaches with their tactics and formations.

I always pictured him as paulince.gif, just with better players and a better playing brain.

EmiPrime

I don't want to be mean especially as he was a decent pro who didn't moan about not being first choice but I am not unhappy to see Gabriel leave.

Jimrpg

Does Sigurðsson start this weekend? Do Everton play Gylfi, Klaassen and Rooney as shadow strikers? (AKA the Football Manager meta) 🤔

Sandro looks like he's unavailable for Hajduk Split, so it might be Gylfi, Klaassen and Rooney as you said. Would like to see Tom Davies start over Klaassen for either Hajduk Split or Man City.

Also I think a back four worked much better than a back three when he made the change at half time against Stoke, Koeman might do the same and in the midfield be a little more defensive versus Man City he might use Schneiderlin, Besic, Gana.

tim.mbp

Is zidane a really good coach or...? His wins are laughing at those super coaches with their tactics and formations.

I always pictured him as paulince.gif, just with better players and a better playing brain.

He's gotten the tactics spot on when it's counted.

Syder

Sandro looks like he's unavailable for Hajduk Split, so it might be Gylfi, Klaassen and Rooney as you said. Would like to see Tom Davies start over Klaassen for either Hajduk Split or Man City.

Also I think a back four worked much better than a back three when he made the change at half time against Stoke, Koeman might do the same and in the midfield be a little more defensive versus Man City he might use Schneiderlin, Besic, Gana.
Got a very solid squad right now. I've got your lot finishing ahead of Arsenal.

FuturusX

Every manager, Zidane included, must be judged in equal parts by the bright spots and the dark. We shall know of Zidane's worth when the inevitable crisis emerges.

Fair play to the lad, one of my favourite players of all time, and a very good manager.

Labadal

Late run for van Dijk maybe?
Maybe. Southampton seem to be intent on making a statement on not selling, though.

This transfer window is crazy. people are willing to splash money more than ever but clubs are less willing to sell. I guess, especially in the PL, clubs aren't as desperate to sell with the new TV deal. It's a good thing to be honest.

Oersted

The board surely helps, they are doing a good job by the looks of it. Barca is just a mess compared to that.

Kill3r7

To be fair, LvG gave Evans plenty of chances. He simply could not play the ball out of the back. Literally, go watch the tape from the MK Dons game. He had one of the worst defensive performances I have ever seen. Never really recovered from that. The move to City has a high chance of being an absolute disaster.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The best part is how triggered Messi instantly gets.

Team is in a bad spot...they are losing the supercopa and the opponent is being a dick about it. I mean how do you want him to react ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom