• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is zidane a really good coach or...? His wins are laughing at those super coaches with their tactics and formations.

I always pictured him as paulince.gif, just with better players and a better playing brain.

Yeah he is good. I didn't watch much of them last season due to Zidane's first half a season after taking over from Benitez and the stuff the team played at that time was very boring. But looking over what he has done is really good especially formation wise and really highlighted in his use of Casemiro and Isco that really ties everything together, Casemiro more than anyone has fixed one of the biggest issues from previous years.

Casemiro, Kroos, Modric, and Isco is probably the best midfield set up in football at the moment, and also in their prime. Its so well balanced. You have Casemiro who protects the back four, great at interceptions and tackling. Kroos who sets the pace of the game. Modric also can control the game but he is more aggressive pushes forward and always looking for the positive pass. Isco keeps possession pushes into the box and becomes a pest that draws players too him, he is also intelligent enough to know when to pass back out. They are all a goal threat, all can take free kicks and can slot into each others role so they can push and pull teams. That in itself is a winning core in any league, then you chuck in additional players like Ronaldo and its clear to see why they have been so good.

When you look at when Barcalena were so good their main core was Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. All doing a very similar role to what I mentioned above. But now most are past their prime or left the club and those who have come in aren't remotely close to the same level.

yagal

Can't believe the greatest night of my life coincides with Liverpool winning in Europe. Disgusting.
Lol

I'm a dad lads! 8:37 last night my little girl was born!

Congrats, Pics or she will become a Liverpool fan :)

Dermot Corrigan‏ @dermotmcorrigan

Today first time in nine years Madrid have had more possession than Barca in any Clasico - 52%-48% - says @2010MisterChip

OK, Barca is dead

WriterGK

Zidane since he became a manager lost 7 matches and got 7 titles. For every defeat he gets a trophy
p0QHO.gif

Can you tell me how much of those 7 were against Barca/Juventus?

They won the title, Costa isn't really gonna lose them money because what they got last season from him was probably worth it

Remember when I argued he is still losing them money, by being a bitch? Chelsea are a answering Costas threats about law suits with exactly the argument i made here in the thread. From Matt Law :

"Chelsea are adamant they will not let Costa go for a knockdown fee, but, in theory, the club could investigate trying to sue the player and his advisors for the difference between his sale price and market value if it was felt he eventually left at a reduced price."

It's not about him being an overall good positive Chelsea in the time he has been here. It's about him having no rights to lessen his market value with this bullshit, which really is Chelsea losing money. The larger picture worth looking at, isn't that he has been a positive Chelsea with two league wins, but that a player shouldn't be able to lower his own value like this.

Blablurn

Pep is overrated as fuck. So yes, absolutely.
You have to admit, Bayern played really well under Heynckes, but Pep came and everything went to shit. :D

(I love hating on Pep, such an unlikeable...something)

I recently looked up some Pep tactics and strategy videos on YouTube about his time at Bayern, and while its easy to hate on him, i gotta admit that in term of strategy, he definitely was one of a kind. i wonder how everything would have worked out if our players wouldnt have been injured all the time, or at the most crucial time of the season.

Ramos subscribes to the same school of thought as Costa, where he believes being an ass is an integral part of the game. Though Costa is still king in that regard.

I'm wondering if more transfer movement for Pool is dependent on next Wednesday. The squad is far too thin for the year even if we miss out on the CL group stages but maybe some players are saying "We'll talk after that".

Or the more likely thing is we aren't talking to anybody at all.

The team of Zidane is the same that was available to Benitez.
Only players Zidane got was Morata and Asensio who returned after a loan. So yeah. Zidane is definitely better than the fat waiter and could probably work miracles for Newcastle.

Is zidane a really good coach or...? His wins are laughing at those super coaches with their tactics and formations.

I always pictured him as paulince.gif, just with better players and a better playing brain.

He's REALLY good. But I think it's more an ego management. But he's really good.

They key has been Casemiro and team rotation. The key has been managing a multi million dollar team. The key has been telling James, Ronaldo and to suck it up and go to the bench some times. We are even not Ronaldo dependent anymore though his goals will always be an edge.

Also i love he's not a bullshit talker and a smoke seller like Pep, Bielsa, Lillo, Sampaoli, etc

Doc_Drop

Remember when I argued he is still losing them money, by being a bitch? Chelsea are a answering Costas threats about law suits with exactly the argument i made here in the thread. From Matt Law :

"Chelsea are adamant they will not let Costa go for a knockdown fee, but, in theory, the club could investigate trying to sue the player and his advisors for the difference between his sale price and market value if it was felt he eventually left at a reduced price."

It's not about him being an overall good positive Chelsea in the time he has been here. It's about him having no rights to lessen his market value with this bullshit, which really is Chelsea losing money. The larger picture worth looking at, isn't that he has been a positive Chelsea with two league wins, but that a player shouldn't be able to lower his own value like this.
That's nuts, thanks for the info. I didn't really see it in this light

Wrong. He's doing much better than anybody expected.

No he is on par for the course to be considered better or at least equal to Pep. He has a comparable trophy haul to Pep in the similar period of time. Whether people think he would have been good or not is irrelevant.

T-Rex.

Banned
L'Équipe say Draxler is free to leave and PSG are desperate to offload players.

Man if we don't go back in for him what the fuck was the point of this transfer window. No-one available my ass.

faridmon

I still rate Pep. Its because of him Barca have won so much. Having neutered Xavi, Iniesta, etc from the young age and promoted so may players from the B team.

Audioboxer

Real Madrid beat Barcelona 2-0 at the Bernabeu to win the Spanish Super Cup 5-1 on aggregate.

All of a sudden Man Utd fans don't feel as bad about losing 2-1 to RM.

Barcelona be going crazy to get Coutinho signed.

Jerry

No idea why people are getting up in arms about Ramos, its standard gamesmanship you'll see at any level of football.

Dadasch

Pep Segura (Barca manager) apparently said in an interview last night that they are close to signing Dembele and Coutinho.
Aki Watzke (Dortmund manager) today: I don't know what they're talking about.

FU Barcelona, seriously. You're going down, no reason in trying to drag others down too.

Pep Segura (Barca manager) apparently said in an interview last night that they are close to signing Dembele and Coutinho.
Aki Watzke (Dortmund manager) today: I don't know what they're talking about.

FU Barcelona, seriously. You're going down, no reason in trying to drag others down too.

Klopp on Segura's Coutinho claims: "No reaction. I have no idea why other people are saying what they are saying."

Fuckin' Barca...

Dadasch

Ter Stegen could have saved it tbh.
Asensio made a great strike. No need to blame Ter Stegen, who admittedly could at least try a save which doesn't mean that he could make that save...don't think so tbh.

That would have been an unbelievable move. Or as I like to say: A Neuer-save.

Bubble

Neo Member
I would not be opposed to seeing Draxler at Man Utd. He was good at the Confederations Cup this year (perhaps not the best indicator), and he would slot in well at left-wing. Would much rather have Draxler than Perisic. On the other hand, I hear that Draxler has attitude problems or at the very least he did when he played for Wolfsburg. Same reasons why I don't want Serge Aurier at United. That guy is simply a piece of shit, and I'd much rather see him end up at Chelsea or Spurs.

Anyways, Draxler will probably end up at Bayern Munich in this transfer window or the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom