• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim.mbp

Well Turner put out a press release about their acquiring 2018 Champions/Europa League rights for us Americans, and it doesn't sound too good. Looks like only the Europa League final will be televised and they seem to be televising only 4 Champions League group stage matches per week and 2 knockout matches per week. The rest will be available in a "premium OTT network". Seems like it will be a subscription based since they name drop FilmStruck and Boomerang as examples. Basically less games than Fox and will cost more for consumers.

http://www.turner.com/pressroom/tur...ghts-uefa-champions-league-uefa-europa-league

Kyoufu

Did he choose to just let it go in, then?

He probably thought it was going over when in reality it looked like he could have reached it if he bothered to move.

Not taking anything away from Asensio but Ter Stegen could have at least tried.

L'Équipe say Draxler is free to leave and PSG are desperate to offload players.

Man if we don't go back in for him what the fuck was the point of this transfer window. No-one available my ass.
I don't know who "we" is but unless it's Bayern, your statement is incorrect. Time to come home boyo
What an asshole, couldn't expect less from an illiterate.
don't be #soft

I'd really like to see him in Bayern. At least that would be one position less Bayern would fill up with a Bundesliga player.
Yeah. When Bayern doesn't buy those players, they always stay in the league instead of going to the many other clubs in Europe :S

He probably thought it was going over when in reality it looked like he could have reached it if he bothered to move.

Not taking anything away from Asensio but Ter Stegen could have at least tried.

One of those things were a keeper like Mignolet might have got a hand to it with their reactions. Then muff up the corner of course. Hell of a strike still.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
nrSqEX9.gif

😂😂😂 I love Ramos

Empty

psg maybe going for a late 2000s real madrid vibe. get everyones attention with huge transfer fees, hand their european rivals great players on the cheap in a rushed clearance sale, followed by massive lols when they get knocked out of the cl in the first round by like porto.

Lashley

Well Turner put out a press release about their acquiring 2018 Champions/Europa League rights for us Americans, and it doesn't sound too good. Looks like only the Europa League final will be televised and they seem to be televising only 4 Champions League group stage matches per week and 2 knockout matches per week. The rest will be available in a "premium OTT network". Seems like it will be a subscription based since they name drop FilmStruck and Boomerang as examples. Basically less games than Fox and will cost more for consumers.

http://www.turner.com/pressroom/tur...ghts-uefa-champions-league-uefa-europa-league

Just stream them

psg maybe going for a late 2000s real madrid vibe. get everyones attention with huge transfer fees, hand their european rivals great players on the cheap in a rushed clearance sale, followed by massive lols when they get knocked out of the cl in the first round by like porto.

It's looking like they get Sanchez, they will be one of the best teams to win it this year.

What do you mean no? They were one of the best teams last year but turned in mental midgets for one game to get the bounced out (and uefalona striking again). They just got one of the best players in the world and one of the best attacking players in the world. Even when that bum Cavani misses an easy shot, they have options to make up for it.

im dead

https://twitter.com/Cruyffd/status/898157886966255616

i mean its amazing on paper but they were stacked last season too yet emery didn't look like he knew how to turn them into a great side
Right, but they get a lot better now especially since they don't rely on the tumbling dumbass they relied on for their goals anymore. Not saying they win it, but they're definitely one of the best 4-5 teams in the CL next year.

It's looking like they get Sanchez, they will be one of the best teams to win it this year.
What do you mean no? They were one of the best teams last year but turned in mental midgets for one game to get the bounced out (and uefalona striking again). They just got one of the best players in the world and one of the best attacking players in the world. Even when that bum Cavani misses an easy shot, they have options to make up for it.
They're not buying Sanchez lol

I think this is exactly how the meetings with Wenger go.

Lashley

Right, but they get a lot better now especially since they don't rely on the tumbling dumbass they relied on for their goals anymore. Not saying they win it, but they're definitely one of the best 4-5 teams in the CL next year.

They're not buying Sanchez lol

WriterGK

I think they should get banned out of Europe or something or atleast get a register ban. Whats the use of FFP if you can buy two players alone for nearly half a billion euros? :') :')

miserable

how come no one is making a move for Icardi? is he not rated? Inter has a lot of debt so they are probably willing to negotiate. I'm surprised no english club is interested in him. And he has a hot wife.

faridmon

how come no one is making a move for Icardi? is he not rated? Inter has a lot of debt so they are probably willing to negotiate. I'm surprised no english club is interested in him. And he has a hot wife.

He said that he will retire at Inter and will never leave for any club.

and his wife is actually a childhood friend of his

Paulinho is in a bad spot. People are annihilating him and he didnt even kick the ball for Barca yet.

Paulinhos timing to play for Barca right now is just unbelievably bad. Its a mess and Paulinhos happiness will take a hit in the near future.

Jabo

Stokelona is alive and well, lads

z3bf0bpes3gz.jpg

Does Sigurðsson start this weekend? Do Everton play Gylfi, Klaassen and Rooney as shadow strikers? (AKA the Football Manager meta) 🤔

I never understood Sir Alex's Fletcher obsession back then.

Anyways Milan should have went for Draxler-Auba instead of Kalinic-Auba :/

Lashley

Paulinho is in a bad spot. People are annihilating him and he didnt even kick the ball for Barca yet.

Paulinhos timing to play for Barca right now is just unbelievably bad. Its a mess and Paulinhos happiness will take a hit in the near future.

Tbh if I was him, I'd be loving this. There's absolutely no pressure when everybody thinks you're shit.

He'll prove them wrong.

L'Équipe say Draxler is free to leave and PSG are desperate to offload players.

Man if we don't go back in for him what the fuck was the point of this transfer window. No-one available my ass.

I wouldn't want him at Liverpool. He didn't want to come to us the first time around, plus if anything happens he'll probably pull a Coutinho or even worse.

Yeah l'équipe never said that.

Emery said last week on the record that he was counting on Draxler and two days ago his agent said that he was staying.

T-Rex.

Banned
I don't know who "we" is but unless it's Bayern, your statement is incorrect. Time to come home boyo
Liverpool. We wanted him back in January, but he signed for PSG instead. Join Klopp pal.

Don't have a link, I just saw it all over twitter.

I wouldn't want him at Liverpool. He didn't want to come to us the first time around, plus if anything happens he'll probably pull a Coutinho or even worse.
Eh, I get what you're saying but he's a really good player and we'd be stronger with him in the team/squad.

Jabo

Fuck Icardi the house-wrecker.

Andriy Shevchenko admits he sees Milan’s transfer policy as “chaotic” but “I wish the club all the best”.

“I don’t know what to expect,” Shevchenko told football.ua when asked about his former club.

“There are two different methods of achieving results, the planned way and the spontaneous way. In my opinion there are chaotic actions at Milan, there’s no definitive plan.

“[Coach Vincenzo] Montella had a certain vision and a plan, but with these time frames they had to move faster.

“Then there are so many new players. They sign a player for a certain position, then a month later someone comes in for the same position. These are spontaneous decisions!

“I can’t foresee what they will become. I wish the club all the best though, because I consider them my own club.”

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Liverpool. We wanted him back in January, but he signed for PSG instead. Join Klopp pal.

Don't have a link, I just saw it all over twitter.

Eh, I get what you're saying but he's a really good player and we'd be stronger with him in the team/squad.
He will join Klopp when Ancelotti's contract runs out after 2 seasons.

miserable

Multiple times, he wrote a book too mentioning the reasons.

and its really funny, read it!

In his book he writes: ‘I am ready to face them one by one. How many are there? 50, 100, 200? OK, record my message and let him listen: I’ll bring 100 criminals from Argentina who’ll kill them where they stand, then we’ll see.’

well, that's something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom