• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So we should do well against Arsenal and Liverpool then...

we wont

kf4RDsZ.gif

Seanbob11

Brilliant from Celtic last night, would love Liverpool or Chelsea who I think we could beat at home.

I think so too. As long as we don't get Barca again. Hopefully now that we've got one foot in the door the board will start to spend a bit. Forget loaning Roberts for another year - just buy him. Another CB wouldn't go a miss either.

Zasa

Also i love he's not a bullshit talker and a smoke seller like Pep, Bielsa, Lillo, Sampaoli, etc

Smoke sellers?

Tbh if I was him, I'd be loving this. There's absolutely no pressure when everybody thinks you're shit.

He'll prove them wrong.

Your average football fan is also pretty close-minded & set on their ways though. It'll probably take one or two great seasons for opinion to change on him (assuming he comes good). God forbid he makes an error or misses a chance.

Jimrpg

Got a very solid squad right now. I've got your lot finishing ahead of Arsenal.

Late reply but I'm cautiously hopeful too! If they get a decent number 9, it's going to make for a bright hopeful season. I don't have any guesses as to who they will get, everyone is way overpriced this season, just hope they work their transfer magic again. Most of the buys this off season have been rather good. When Klaassens been the one with the least impact I think that's a good sign.

Another thing Everton have been impressive about is that they were only one of a few teams that were really prepared for this transfer window. They pretty much knew Lukaku and probably Barkley were going so they had most of their targets already planned way before the season finished I assume and got the deals and finance done really early, before anything about Lukaku was announced.

Regarding Arsenal, their attacking options look great again but every year it seems they never address their defensive issues and I don't know if they can go and win the league. Also the Europa league takes a lot out of Prem teams, Thurs and Sunday make it tough on the Prem schedule, especially when Champions League you can sometimes play Tues/Sat/Sun and get a bit more time to prepare in the league. Secondly Europa away games can be a bit further out Eastern Europe and all the way out to Turkey as well so it's a longer trip. I don't think Arsenal are going to like it as much. Though if they get far enough they might do a United and win the thing because they certainly have the players to do it. I just think it'll impact their league games a bit.

Lashley

Diego Costa has released a statement saying he will not go back to Chelsea and "must return to Atletico Madrid"

Beefy

I am still not convinced by Klassen. He is very slow and his passings wasn't all that, the little I watched him play.

The Dutch journo I follow did say his speed was one of the things that could let him down.

------------------------

Hoedt bid accepted and he has agreed a 5yr deal worth 40k a week.

MikeBison

The Dutch journo I follow did say his speed was one of the things that could let him down.

------------------------

Hoedt bid accepted and he has agreed a 5yr deal worth 40k a week.

Look forward to the impending transfer saga involving Liverpool next summer.

Audioboxer

Why'd he get banned?

Probably this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=246327496&highlight=#post246327496

You know how it is in review threads. No one, especially the mods, can be arsed with pages of complaining and trolling around any review that gives a game 7~7.5 out of 10.

Anyway, a blessing in disguise. Liverpool are going to sell Coutinho within the next few days and this thread will be toxic for any Liverpool fan ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Audioboxer

Review threads are always embarrassing

Often, yeah. I don't tend to post in too many. I think as I'm getting older I'm just getting more cynical, grouchy and I hate everything anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As we're in the football OT, I do have to say, out of all the whining about reviews on the internet IGNs take on Football Manager a few years back now WAS legendary and DID deserve flak https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/ge...-single-worst-review-ever-written-ign-220881/

3jk42J9.jpg

US, December 5, 2008 - We missed the mark -- that's the only way to explain why we've pulled the U.S. review of Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 off our site.

After seeing the community feedback and having more editors look at the title, we agree with the readers that our original review didn't give Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 a fair shake. Unfortunately, our critical analysis of WWSM '09 focused more on what the author wanted it to be rather than what the product actually was. We review games at IGN based on their own merits, and agree that it was unreasonable to compare WWSM '09 with action-oriented sports titles like FIFA or Pro Evolution Soccer. Because of the unfair comparison, we have deemed the review unacceptable and have removed it from the site.

We extend our sincerest apologies to both SEGA and our readers for the mistake and confusion. Look for an updated and more accurate relation of IGN's view of WWSM '09 sometime in the near future.

Jeremy Dunham

Games Editorial Manager, IGN.com

Basically, "this isn't FIFA or Pro Evo?... 2/10".

Lashley

Often, yeah. I don't tend to post in too many. I think as I'm getting older I'm just getting more cynical, grouchy and I hate everything anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As we're in the football OT, I do have to say, out of all the whining about reviews on the internet IGNs take on Football Manager a few years back now WAS legendary and DID deserve flak https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/ge...-single-worst-review-ever-written-ign-220881/

3jk42J9.jpg

Yep, this review single handedly made me stop going to IGN or any other review site

Audioboxer

Yep, this review single handedly made me stop going to IGN or any other review site

IGN UK with dat 9.1.

I think it was a somewhat honest mistake. Reviewer assigned the game clearly had no interest in simulators, probably never played one before and it's doubtful if they even liked football. I mean, soccer.

It was still hilarious though.

Often, yeah. I don't tend to post in too many. I think as I'm getting older I'm just getting more cynical, grouchy and I hate everything anyway ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3jk42J9.jpg

Oh that shit was hilarious. I remember back in the days of games magazines some of the reviews were killer, one especially for The Sims 2: IKEA pack. Little did we know that shit was the future of videogames.

Quite possibly, I think that was just the straw that broke the camel's back though

The key things to #staysafe:

Let the mods do their thing and don't turn this into a place to bitch about them. Arguing about bans is how this place got killed last time.

Don't get personal with eachother.

Remember, we're here for football, and the shit bant that comes with it.

Not too hard but I just want us to survive, I don't have enough IRL friends to talk football with for this place to burn down ��

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I liked Costa more when he was only being a cunt on the pitch...

I don't think he's in the wrong. Why would he bother going back to the club that he's been told he's not wanted at? what's the point?

If you went into work and your boss told you they don't need you you're probably not going to turn up every day just to be humiliated.

the worse thing that will happen to him is they'll sue for breach of contract but he'll become a free agent. I would assume he's rich enough that it would be a mild inconvenience.

faridmon

Time will tell. Premier League is a big step up from the Eredivisie.

Yeah, I hope he adapts. He needs that

His decision making seems to be slow too

You will keep thinking that throughout the whole season untill you realise that he has scored around 15 goals

Lol

Hope that is the case

I don't think he's in the wrong. Why would he bother going back to the club that he's been told he's not wanted at? what's the point?

If you went into work and your boss told you they don't need you you're probably not going to turn up every day just to be humiliated.

That's not the issue. The issue is he only wants to go back to Atletico Madrid who haven't yet made a decent offer and can't do transfers anyway. Plenty of other clubs who are interested. He expects Chelsea to let him go for free to Madrid.

Meanwhile Atletico are probably just waiting until Costa sets fire to the dressing room and then take him over for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom