• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Messi just followed Man City on Insta.

He followed City and Chelsea two years ago on insta, then City again last year, then City again this year.

Just ignore everything City and Messi. Every transfer window the papers run with it and it always gets clicks.

Tubie

In my opinion it depends where you want him to play. He's overrated if you want him to be a traditional midfielder box-to-box player or as a winger that focus entirely on providing offense but if you want a player that plays in the wing but helps a lot pressing and on the defensive side he's clearly underrated.

During his Real Madrid years he was the player that basically allowed Ronaldo to free roam without any defensive duties. He was unbelievable because he did everything required defensively (more than Ozil and Ronaldo combined) and still look fresh in the 90th minute on the counter attack.

If he goes to Barça and they put him on the left wing like he played at Madrid, playing basically like Iniesta did in the golden years. Play at the wing but when losing the ball, press and go back to defend, he could provide a lot more stability for that team. They really need more numbers on the midfield right now because Iniesta and Busquets are not what they used to be.

Agree 100%

Di Maria started being relevant in Madrid when he showed he could fit into the 4-3-3 as basically a midfielder that could also go attack that left wing.

Hey we in this part of Neogaf again.. What happened?!

Curious to see Man Utd away game to see if they are a serious contender this year

Labadal

I'm reading that Mane won't play today. Not happy about that...

I put Mata in my FPL team, but I so want Man U to lose. Ayew not playing very well.

Labadal

Why go in there and take the yellow in that position of the field? Sometimes players really confuse me. It hasn't really been a great game so far. Swansea wasting opportunities will hurt them. Not that they have had any amazing chances per se.

valeo

Man Utd looking the better team, but Swansea not bad - Abraham looks like quite a decent player.

On the other hand, Ayew is possibly the laziest prem player I have seen. Every time he loses it he just throws his hands up and complains - doesn't track back to correct his mistake. Also gives the ball away often. He's basically Alexis Sanchez but not good.

You can hear Clement shouting his name every 5 seconds from the touch line.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Since 2014-15:

⚽ Sigurdsson - 27 Goals, 26 Assists = £45m bid accepted

⚽ Coutinho - 26 Goals, 17 Assists = £114m bid rejected

🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom