• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not letting players leave often does have a negative effect on the club. Many players want to join a club that will suit their whims as they progress through their careers. Many agents also want to be able to make as much money from their clients as possible. If they know a club is unlikely to allow players to move when an opportunity arises they can often choose another club that is interested.

Liverpool have a great reputation in the past for allowing players to play a very high level of football which gets them noticed and then can make the step up to the more competitive teams

Well maybe they don'twant to be seen as that anymore. Maybe they don't want to be a stepping stone club.

spidye

Man what do you think about Douglas Costa?
He forced a transfer.
He had a good to great first season and a bad second season with us.
Talked about leaving the club right before our most inportant games.
Yeah...What should I think of him?

Anyways, good first half from us. Bad second half
Dunno what changed. Maybe we are still not match fit.
Tolisso much better than in his pre season games. Süle had his moments too. Kimmich slowly turning into a leader.

Loris146

He forced a transfer.
He had a good to great first season and a bad second season with us.
Talked about leaving the club right before our most inportant games.
Yeah...What should I think of him?

Anyways, good first half from us. Bad second half
Dunno what changed. Maybe we are still not match fit.
Tolisso much better than in his pre season games. Süle had his moments too. Kimmich slowly turning into a leader.

I mean about the player. Is he good , great , bad , average etc?

spidye

I mean about the player. Is he good , great , bad , average etc?
He is a talented winger, fast, great shooting technique but questionable decision making.
He needs a manager who trusts him.
I don't know why he didn't work with us. Maybe weather, maybe language, maybe ancelotti?
Juventus will be a better club for him, that I'm sure of

El Topo

Costa started off sensationally, then got worse and worse as time went on. I really hope he finds his old form at Juventus. No idea why things didn't work out at Bayern.

Loris146

Forgot to get FM17 when it was on sale, back up to £35 now :(

Good game. Didn't find any great regen though.

In FM 14 i signed this guy when he was 16:

fm_2014_01_21_23_17_0cgbvm.png

Unreal.

Jarnet87

Don't follow Liverpool but if Coutinho refuses to play and actually goes through with sitting out of games and training it's equally as bad a situation for the club. At least if they sell they can try and get some last minute deals before the window closes. I think they will reach an agreement to either sell him or possibly restructure the deal to keep him for a year and maybe add a buyout clause. Coutinho just signed that contract in January so I have no sympathy for him. Would be hilarious to see him rot for 5 years without playing but we know that is not happening.

Don't follow Liverpool but if Coutinho refuses to play and actually goes through with sitting out of games and training it's equally as bad a situation for the club. At least if they sell they can try and get some last minute deals before the window closes. I think they will reach an agreement to either sell him or possibly restructure the deal to keep him for a year and maybe add a buyout clause. Coutinho just signed that contract in January so I have no sympathy for him. Would be hilarious to see him rot for 5 years without playing but we know that is not happening.

We'll send in Alberto and Bobby with sad faces. He'll come around.

Now Costa comments on Conte, Chelsea and Atletico. Much more mellow this time. Seems to be okay to join other clubs if Atletico don't push for him. Coming back to his sense it seems. I hope we are not dumb enough to sell him to rivals in PL.

Blablurn

Its a shame that we are back in the Community.

Ah well.

Just saw the highlights of our game. Glad to see Süle and Rudy doing fine. Both will be very important this season, no doubt.

spidye

We got through like 10 pages last Saturday, I'd be happy with 3 this weekend

This is on 100pp too
It can only go downhill from here after last weekend.
Arsenal-leicester, chelsea-burnley, united-west ham, liverpool (always entertaining)

We had some great games with a lot of salt

Tubie

I think the off topic thing was never meant to be for the whole season, just the first few weeks to make the thread more visible and have new people sub to it.

The only sports community that gets to stay in OT year round is F1, but with F1 I think it kinda makes sense, since every race is basically it's own event and the alternative was making a new thread for every single GP.

Anyway, I'm sure if you PM a mod they can provide more details

I honestly don't think the thread will be as slow as the last 2 years. We gained a ton of new people that now know this thread exists.

We also have Lashley to make sure the thread is never slow anyway .
C9KZScVXUAA0mTC.png

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I think the off topic thing was never meant to be for the whole season, just the first few weeks to make the thread more visible and have new people sub to it.

The only sports community that gets to stay in OT year round is F1, but with F1 I think it kinda makes sense, since every race is basically it's own event and the alternative was making a new thread for every single GP.

I honestly don't think the thread will be as slow as the last 2 years. We gained a ton of new people that now know this thread exists.

We also have Lashley to make sure the thread is never slow anyway
C9KZScVXUAA0mTC.png
wenger_always_optimistic.gif

Lunar FC

We also have Lashley to make sure the thread is never slow anyway .
C9KZScVXUAA0mTC.png

Yeah, the deal when I asked them about posting it in off topic was that it would be a 2 week thing. Kind of just hoped they would forget. 😅

Kolx

That Barca bid is even worse than I thought lmao. £16m up front with the rest spread over 5 years apparently, and with the following add-ons:

• Winning multiple trophies in the same season
  • Winning multiple Champions League titles
  • Winning the Ballon d’Or as the world’s best player
  • Winning multiple trophies and the Ballon D’Or in the same season

*according to the Mirror
This is insulting.

Jarnet87

7:30 AM EST kickoff time is hype, football first thing in the morning. Don't expect Mou to change much from last week Maybe play Herrera instead of Mata/Mkhitaryan in a midfield 3 for the first away game but that's about it.

That Barca bid is even worse than I thought lmao. £16m up front with the rest spread over 5 years apparently, and with the following add-ons:

• Winning multiple trophies in the same season
  • Winning multiple Champions League titles
  • Winning the Ballon d’Or as the world’s best player
  • Winning multiple trophies and the Ballon D’Or in the same season

*according to the Mirror

This is some FM shit.

"How about 15m up front and then 15m after 20 international games + 20% of profit from next sale?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom