• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing people talking about Football Manager in here a few days back I decided to give 17 a go having not played one since about 13/14.

After about 10 games I remembered why I stopped playing.

Injuries galore. 2-0 up and manage to concede 3 in injury time. "That's So-and-so's first goal of the season!"

There's just too much going on with it these days. I just want to sign/sell players and put out a starting 11. I don't want to piss about with training and finding staff and press conferences and getting into fights with players who have been back from injury for all of 2 days and want to know why they're not starting. Fuck off.

And where the fuck is the transfer list? Can't find it anywhere.

I'm addicted to this fucking thing again. Shit on it!

500M clause for Asensio.

Today:

YAVJso9.jpg

T-Rex.

Banned
Sounds like quite a few of our players will be rested today which makes sense when you look at the games we have coming up. Hopefully we can grind out a result..

After seeing people talking about Football Manager in here a few days back I decided to give 17 a go having not played one since about 13/14.

Injuries galore. 2-0 up and manage to concede 3 in injury time. "That's So-and-so's first goal of the season!"

There's just too much going on with it these days. I just want to sign/sell players and put out a starting 11. I don't want to piss about with training and finding staff and press conferences and getting into fights with players who have been back from injury for all of 2 days and want to know why they're not starting. Fuck off.

The transfer list? You can find a list of all transfers by clicking on the globe icon at the very top, selecting "World" or the country you want to look at and then clicking transfers. Showing only "Youth Intake" is a great way to poach regens btw, although you could spend the rest of you life reading scouting reports. It generates regens for each country on one specific day each year, I usually scope out England and maybe Spain and steal everyone of value from Watford and other lower clubs.

500M clause for Asensio.

Do it Roman.

Tubie

SQbksNz.jpg

HYX97Dk.png

Is Seri good?

I think Barca might be giving up on Dembele and Phil.

It's rare to see both AS and SPORT have the same headline when it comes to Barcelona targets.

DBT85

Need a good result against Swansea today to keep confidence high and get more goals on the board. 7.4‰ of last year's total in our game against West Ham last week, let's get that to 10‰ against the swans. Not sure if I can watch it live but if baby Fowler Carragher Gerrard Rush allows it I'll be tuning in!

The transfer list? You can find a list of all transfers by clicking on the globe icon at the very top, selecting "World" or the country you want to look at and then clicking transfers. Showing only "Youth Intake" is a great way to poach regens btw, although you could spend the rest of you life reading scouting reports. It generates regens for each country on one specific day each year, I usually scope out England and maybe Spain and steal everyone of value from Watford and other lower clubs.

Do it Roman.

The transfer list, yeah. Not a list of players who have moved from one club to another, but a list of players who have been placed on the transfer list by their club.

Transfer List and Loan List.

That was a thing in Football Manager right? I'm not misremembering?

He gets quite a lot of playing time at Madrid and with Modric being 31, he could get more and more time in the next 1-2 years. Plus he's getting a lot of trophies at Madrid.

Yeah, true that. He only needs to be patient, in 1-2 year he'll be the first team regular. I didn't realize that he's that young, I thought he's 27 or something. What I was saying is that some players just prefer more playtime than trophies. Maybe he's that kind of player.

Anyway, here's his stats from the previous season:
Starting eleven: 19
Substituted in: 8
On the bench: 10
I guess that's not bad.

CrayToes

Need a good result against Swansea today to keep confidence high and get more goals on the board. 7.4‰ of last year's total in our game against West Ham last week, let's get that to 10‰ against the swans. Not sure if I can watch it live but if baby Fowler Carragher Gerrard Rush allows it I'll be tuning in!

Can't see anything other than a convincing Utd win.

The transfer list, yeah. Not a list of players who have moved from one club to another, but a list of players who have been placed on the transfer list by their club.

Transfer List and Loan List.

That was a thing in Football Manager right? I'm not misremembering?

Go to "Scouting" and from the Conditions drop down menu select the "Loan Status" or "Transfer Status" filters. It will filter down your scouted players list to anyone listed.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Play FM Touch, its ten times better than classic

Dadasch

Messi still didn't sign the new contract at Barca. As of now his contract will be gone next summer, which is the reason why it would be pretty dumb to pay some 250-300mio (I have no idea what his clause is) this summer.

Edit: Just imagine the meltdown next year...a sight to behold.

NHale

That bench for United is depressing. The only player they can add to change the pace of the game is Martial. I guess you could also add Lingard to change the pace of the game by decreasing it and turning into a festival of missed sitters and crosses.

Meanwhile on City's bench you have Bernardo Silva, Sterling, Sane, Mendy, Yaya. Anyone that thinks United will even compete this year are completely crazy.

SQbksNz.jpg

HYX97Dk.png

Is Seri good?

I think Barca might be giving up on Dembele and Phil.

It's rare to see both AS and SPORT have the same headline when it comes to Barcelona targets.

Quite frankly, Seri and Di Maria would be better acquisitions than Coutinho and Dembele, because they would actually fix some of the holes in their team right now.

If they added Inigo Martinez also as it was reported before they went ballistic with mega offers for Coutinho and Dembele, then they would also improve on their defense.

I would be more scared of a Barcelona with Seri, DiMaria and Inigo than with Coutinho and Dembele because if healthy Messi and Suarez can easily score the goals necessary to compete but not if their midfield and defense continues to be shit.

Tubie

Di Maria is an incredibly underrated player.

I still can't believe we let him go and that United sold him for nothing.

NHale

Di Maria is an incredibly underrated player.

I still can't believe we let him go and that United sold him for nothing.

In my opinion it depends where you want him to play. He's overrated if you want him to be a traditional midfielder box-to-box player or as a winger that focus entirely on providing offense but if you want a player that plays in the wing but helps a lot pressing and on the defensive side he's clearly underrated.

During his Real Madrid years he was the player that basically allowed Ronaldo to free roam without any defensive duties. He was unbelievable because he did everything required defensively (more than Ozil and Ronaldo combined) and still look fresh in the 90th minute on the counter attack.

If he goes to Barça and they put him on the left wing like he played at Madrid, playing basically like Iniesta did in the golden years. Play at the wing but when losing the ball, press and go back to defend, he could provide a lot more stability for that team. They really need more numbers on the midfield right now because Iniesta and Busquets are not what they used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom