• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHale

Utd have had the easiest opening fixtures so why are we surprised at what they're doing?

Maybe because last season they tied those easy games quite often?

I hope nobody is saying that United is a candidate to win a title because of this especially considering City has a better bench than United starting XI.

MrS

Banned
Did you see United last season? Or the last 4 seasons?
No because the brand of football they play actually disgusts me, just as it did under Ferguson. They represent the worst of football: diving, cheating, conning referees and buying the league long before Abramovich was on the scene. Awful club.

MikeBison

Pretty sure United started well last season too. And the season before. Last season everyone was waxing lyrical about Pogba for 3 or 4 games before the going got tough.

Audioboxer

No because the brand of football they play actually disgusts me, just as it did under Ferguson. They represent the worst of football: diving, cheating, conning referees and buying the league long before Abramovich was on the scene. Awful club.

g9XFjkb.gif

But winning bro winning.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I will always love LvG for when he said "Only one player injured...Can you believe it?" Before smirking

Audioboxer

Kind of asking a lot tbh. ��

I miss VG. ��

Considering the boring disgrace that is modern Mourinho I do too. Even when LvG was whining it was glorious whining.

FO84Khw.gif

Mou just comes off like a crying child or as flat as anything. It probably is higher-ups at Man Utd demanding he is tamed. But meh, some banter from managers is historic in the EPL.

I'll take good football and winning over manager politics, but why not both?

MrS

Banned
United look scary good this year. The front 6 are all dangerous, you cant see where the goals are coming from.
You didn't watch the match, did you? They had a good 5 minute spell against the worst team in the PL. That's it.

United with a classy victory to start off the weekend.

Now it's time to sit back and enjoy the football as the other teams slip up on their supporters' salty tears.

Fuck me Lashley decide which of your beautiful boys to stick with for an avatar.

Or are you trying to simulate there being a decent number of Gunners here?

Lashley

You didn't watch the match, did you? They had a good 5 minute spell against the worst team in the PL. That's it.

That's my point, scoreline flatters them and the game

Fuck me Lashley decide which of your beautiful boys to stick with for an avatar.

Or are you trying to simulate there being a decent number of Gunners here?

Fuck! You're onto me. Yeah, I need to stop changing avatars. Might stick with my Lacazette one.

Tosyn_88

Cue all the anti-United post because it is such a joy to listen. I already said before the season, they will grind the league out and it will not be pretty. Do not expect possession, fancy sexy tiki taka football. They might play that way sometimes but most times, this is how it will happen, direct, tactical, decisive football is what they will play. Against top opposition, they will grind out a draw or narrow win. These are the kind of things Chelsea did under Jose and they won the league.

weekev

Banned

I did, but they had a 5 minute period where they just ran riot. Granted Swansea are gash but when they turn it on, i cant see any team getting close. It was a dull match up to the last 10 minutes though yes.

United look scary good this year. The front 6 are all dangerous, you cant see where the goals are coming from.

They looked poor for 80 mins today and that 10 mins was more to do with Swansea falling apart than United being great. Much better than what they had last year though.

Lashley

Cue all the anti-United post because it is such a joy to listen. I already said before the season, they will grind the league out and it will not be pretty. Do not expect possession, fancy sexy tiki taka football. They might play that way sometimes but most times, this is how it will happen, direct, tactical, decisive football is what they will play. Against top opposition, they will grind out a draw or narrow win. These are the kind of things Chelsea did under Jose and they won the league.

My worry for Utd is their depth, a few injuries to their top players and they're fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom