• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too early to tell, but I seriously doubt Utd will win the league

bzE7niy.gif

ElyrionX

Just been informed that the Premier League title will in fact not be awarded at the end of this match

Equally as shite

Its been an awful game, scoreline makes it look better than it has been, would've been on last on MOTD before the 80th min

Lol so much salt. Also, winning thse types of games is ultimately what determines who wins the League.

Brinbe

Cue all the anti-United post because it is such a joy to listen. I already said before the season, they will grind the league out and it will not be pretty. Do not expect possession, fancy sexy tiki taka football. They might play that way sometimes but most times, this is how it will happen, direct, tactical, decisive football is what they will play. Against top opposition, they will grind out a draw or narrow win. These are the kind of things Chelsea did under Jose and they won the league.

Pretty much... All the complaints and clearly irrational hate posts are good signs that the club is on the right track. And who gives a fuck that it's dull. It was dull AF when they walked the league with RVP+OG scoring all the goals.. 3 pts is all that matters.

Audioboxer

Yeah. MrS is a filthy Boro fan

Ah, at least it's not Arsenal.

I was certain it was Chelsea, my bad. There's never enough Chelsea fans around, probably explains why I'm just trying to convert GAFers into Chelsea supporters to inflate their support around here. I'm trying to help Chelsea.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I will say, Utd grinding out their results is the sort of thing I wish Wenger would make us do, but alas, we'll concede to shit teams all season and hopefully try to outscore them.

Pretty much... All the complaints and clearly irrational hate posts are good signs that the club is on the right track. And who gives a fuck that it's dull. It was dull AF when they walked the league with RVP+OG scoring all the goals.. 3 pts is all that matters.

They were always my number 1 hate team. The meme days of Moyes and LVG were wonderful, but I kinda knew it'd have to end some time.

Not to say there isn't a #collapse on the cards! BELIEVE

Chelsea strengthening them via Matic is one of the dumbest things they've done for a while.

Kill3r7

Cue all the anti-United post because it is such a joy to listen. I already said before the season, they will grind the league out and it will not be pretty. Do not expect possession, fancy sexy tiki taka football. They might play that way sometimes but most times, this is how it will happen, direct, tactical, decisive football is what they will play. Against top opposition, they will grind out a draw or narrow win. These are the kind of things Chelsea did under Jose and they won the league.

If win our games against the bottom half of the table we win the league. It's that simple. That is how Fergie did and same for Mou at Chelsea.

Matić looks like he's been playing at United for years.

Great player.

MoodyFog

No because the brand of football they play actually disgusts me, just as it did under Ferguson. They represent the worst of football: diving, cheating, conning referees and buying the league long before Abramovich was on the scene. Awful club.

Should have started with that, now we know you're just a hater.

Zasa

Mkhi goes from 1 assist in 24 league games last season, to 4 in 2 games this season. That 15/16 Bundesliga POTY form though.

MrS

Banned
Chelsea strengthening them via Matic is one of the dumbest things they've done for a while.
It's gonna be another Agent Cech situation, don't worry. Matic has had 2 good games to make the position his and the sabotage will begin around October.
Should have started with that, now we know you're just a hater.
I don't recall claiming to be anything other than a Utd hater. I dislike the club and its fanbase are intolerable.

ElyrionX

Salty? Did you actually watch the game or just quoting my post randomly? It was dull as fuck, Utd didn't play well, Swansea tired and went to shit in the final 10 minutes.

Yes you are salty LOL. If you swap any of Chelsea/City/Arsenal into our games, their fans will naturally talk up their title chances.

And yes the game was poor. Scoreline was flattering yes. What you don't get is that winning these games comfortably despite playing poorly is exactly how titles are won. SAF was notorious for this, especially towards the end of his reign.

Lashley

Yes you are salty LOL. If you swap any of Chelsea/City/Arsenal into our games, their fans will naturally talk up their title chances.

And yes the game was poor. Scoreline was flattering yes. What you don't get is that winning these games comfortably despite playing poorly is exactly how titles are won. SAF was notorious for this, especially towards the end of his reign.

I can't even be bothered, bye.

Lashley

Don't care if Stoke beat us later, one person criticizes the club they're getting quoted with this

This is where we are now.

And I wonder why this got moved to Community. Way too many dudes can't take others opinions.

Yep, can't (rightly) critique a club and can't even have banter now. Lasted one weekend.

But United didn't win comfortably, even though the score suggests otherwise. They struggled 80 mins long to create something against a very poor Swansea side.

Lashley

Apparently Winston Reid killed himself in the warm up. Dude got stretchered off and has gone to hospital.

HSV's Mueller is such an idiot, scored a goal and did a twister celebration, now he's injured.

Fucking hell

What player was it who did a somersault celebration and injured himself? Toon player I think?

But United didn't win comfortably, even though the score suggests otherwise. They struggled 80 mins long to create something against a very poor Swansea side.

He didn't watch the game, wouldn't bother replying.

dhlt25

I'm a huge united fan and I agree with you dude. They look pretty shaky until the second goal. Good thing Swansea attack is really crappy. I wouldn't talk about utd chance yet but I'm hopeful it's a returning to form after 4 shit seasons

Lashley

I'm a huge united fan and I agree with you dude. They look pretty shaky until the second goal. Good thing Swansea attack is really crappy. I wouldn't talk about utd chance yet but I'm hopeful it's a returning to form after 4 shit seasons

YBIEPVn.gif

That's all I'm saying. Not being salty or even shitting on Utd, but they didn't play as good as the scoreline suggests. They are good at grinding out needed results though.

MrS

Banned
Tammy Abraham was really poor up front, wasn't he? He and Ayew seemed to have no mutual understanding at all. Really bad times for Swansea now that Gylfi has departed.

Arex

Football is serious business yo.. lol

Anyway, yeah ok performance till the last 10, but as long as we got the 3 points. Hopefully we can start scoring goals more consistently again :)

MoodyFog

I don't recall claiming to be anything other than a Utd hater. I dislike the club and its fanbase are intolerable.

You were acting like you had legitimate questions, "why are we surprised?" And all when in truth you didn't watch United much the last seasons and don.'for care for the answers since you hate them anyway.

MrS

Banned
You were acting like you had legitimate questions, "why are we surprised?" And all when in truth you didn't watch United much the last seasons and don.'for care for the answers since you hate them anyway.
I see you put up no defence or rebuttal as to why I dislike Utd. Could it be that you know it's true?

I watched Man Utd lose big matches for four years and it was glorious, frankly. Long may it continue. Utd will come unstuck when they play Liverpool/City/Chelsea/Arsenal. I can't wait, honestly.

I thought a bit of banter is what makes this OT alive? I assume it's all in a fun manner? I don't take the shit talk seriously.

Yeah we played a boring match most of the time and then exploded/Swansea just stopped giving a damn. Personally I don't care that much though if we score 3 in 10 or spread the goals evenly.

I think Martial should definitely start the next game. Rashford has been meh so far.

MoodyFog

I see you put up no defence or rebuttal to why I dislike Utd. Could it be that you know it's true? I've watched Man Utd lose big matches for four years and it was glorious, frankly. Long may it continue.

I put up no defence because you're irrational. How do you defend against whiny "they buy the refs" and the likes?
Everyone thinks that of either United, Chelsea, City or even Arsenal.

You have irrational hate, it's okay I have the same for Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom