• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

I see you put up no defence or rebuttal to why I dislike Utd. Could it be that you know it's true? I've watched Man Utd lose big matches for four years and it was glorious, frankly. Long may it continue.

This kind of hate as LvG would say is "acceptable only in sex masochism".

MrS

Banned
I put up no defence because you're irrational. How do you defend against whiny "they buy the refs" and the likes?
Everyone thinks that of either United, Chelsea, City or even Arsenal.

You have irrational hate, it's okay I have the same for Barca.
I haven't said "they buy the refs", I said their players routinely conned refs and they bought the league i.e. when they outspent everybody to the extent others couldn't compete, then Ferguson complained when Chelsea and City did it. I dislike their hypocrisy.

I see you put up no defence or rebuttal as to why I dislike Utd. Could it be that you know it's true?

I watched Man Utd lose big matches for four years and it was glorious, frankly. Long may it continue. Utd will come unstuck when they play Liverpool/City/Chelsea/Arsenal. I can't wait, honestly.

Last season we were actually ok against the better teams Jose loves to park the bus and get a point.

This was the kind of game we struggled with last season.

MikeBison

Fancy having to Rest 18 year old Trent Alexander Arnold because you're not sure you can get through a Champions league qualifier without him.

Yes you are salty LOL. If you swap any of Chelsea/City/Arsenal into our games, their fans will naturally talk up their title chances.

And yes the game was poor. Scoreline was flattering yes. What you don't get is that winning these games comfortably despite playing poorly is exactly how titles are won. SAF was notorious for this, especially towards the end of his reign.

Those games are usually mid season once injuries are hitting the team and there are two games a week. Not at the beginning. There was nothing in that game or the one before which alluded to United's potential for the season. Adding goals to United's game from last year would put them firmly in the mix for top four rather than genuine strong title contenders and we haven't seen anything yet to show otherwise. Considering how defensively minded Swansea were you'd normally expect United of old to dominate that kind of game but were very sloppy and gave a lot away to Swansea.

ElyrionX

He didn't watch the game, wouldn't bother replying.

Lol don't let the salt blind you. I said they played poor earlier. I pay sixty goddamn dollars a month for live football, why wouldn't I watch the game? I watch at least 90% of United's games evey season.

Oh god Goetze is OBESE.

Man has a medical condition, leave off him

Sturridge will have 3 games and then pull up when you need him most.

By then hopefully Solanke will have absorbed his energy

Last season we were actually ok against the better teams Jose loves to park the bus and get a point.

This was the kind of game we struggled with last season.

Your games against Pool last year was some of the most frustrating shit I have ever seen, have to give credit for it. My entire students union was packed for a for a shit draw.

Audioboxer

Lol don't let the salt blind you. I said they played poor earlier. I pay sixty goddamn dollars a month for live football, why wouldn't I watch the game? I watch at least 90% of United's games evey season.

All those hours of the last few years of your life you can't get back. Frightening.

MoodyFog

I haven't said "they buy the refs", I said their players routinely conned refs and they bought the league i.e. when they outspent everybody to the extent others couldn't compete, then Ferguson complained when Chelsea and City did it. I dislike their hypocrisy.

Ferguson also developed young players ala Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Neville, etc

But whatever it won't change your mind and again it's all good.

Jarnet87

Tammy Abraham was really poor up front, wasn't he? He and Ayew seemed to have no mutual understanding at all. Really bad times for Swansea now that Gylfi has departed.

Dreadful end product but I thought he played good in the first half, not like Swansea really supported him much.

Audioboxer

I watched 80% of our games, but like half were just running as background noise when I figured it would be a snoozefest.

Last season wasn't too bad, but the draws were infuriating. The Moyes and LvG eras should have been illegal to broadcast on TV. It wasn't football.

Anyone got a decent link for the Liverpool game? MY go to service is being used by someone else currently

Google reddit soccerstreams.

ElyrionX

Those games are usually mid season once injuries are hitting the team and there are two games a week. Not at the beginning. There was nothing in that game or the one before which alluded to United's potential for the season. Adding goals to United's game from last year would put them firmly in the mix for top four rather than genuine strong title contenders and we haven't seen anything yet to show otherwise. Considering how defensively minded Swansea were you'd normally expect United of old to dominate that kind of game but were very sloppy and gave a lot away to Swansea.

With the kind of seasons we've had in recent years, everyone is looking for reasons to be optimistic.

Audioboxer

No regrets. Not even that time in October 2015 when I sat amongst Arsenal fans at the Emirates and watched United get smashed 4-1 LOL.

Being able to take a bit of banter/flak is one thing, having to support a dying animal was another. Fergie fucked the club pushing for Moyes, and then employing Van Gaal was like advocating for an authoritarian dictator. It might work in some leagues, but not the EPL where you need to be able to adapt and change. Dark times.

You could not replace Fergie but Woodward and the board (including Fergie) done a masterpiece in how to totally arse up a club in no time.

Kyoufu

I think the only manager who could be sacked before Bilic is De Boer, who looks like a mismatch for Palace.

Bilic is definitely getting sacked this season though. Wouldn't surprise me if it happened before October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom