• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Benzema missed about 2 sitters throughout the game. Most of the others were not very easy chances, and Valencia was defending very well and sticking very close to him. He also had a couple of great shots saved. And he was also defending a lot, and then trying to get to the other end to receive crosses. Benzema has had some horrible games, I would not classify this as one of them.

The problem with this game was Bale and Asensio starting together (and constantly switching) without a Kovacic in front of the back two. Asensio and Bale's defensive positioning/pressing to cut off passing lanes for the opponent is not as good as Ronaldo/Benzema/Lucas Vazquez's. Carvajal was completely exposed.

Ohh you must be knew to Carvajal's anger issues, it's known the dude is a crazy hot head.

ON9O2ui.gif

re: Benzema

He's required because he's really good at moving defenders away from Ronaldo, like really good at that. This helps because Ronaldo is a super finisher, so it's a no brainer that Benzema gets the nod to start while Ronaldo is on the field. It could be argued that a classic #9 is what we need, maybe, but as long as Ronaldo is on the field then Benzema should will have a spot.

So Marseille got spanked by Monaco 6-1 tonight.

The #Championsproject is going well I see. Rudi Garcia really is a trash coach. cant believe he used to manage la Roma.

Orgen

Amazing game and pretty good for kondogbia even after gifting the first goal. I think we'll get to Europa League at least this year if they keep playing like this

Syder

Why did he want out? Did he hate Bilic?
He wanted to go to Marseille and nowhere else, he and his family want to live there and he buys into their new project.

The only thing I'm salty about is he let it affect the entire squad. He owed us one more full season.

NHale

Robbie just got 1.5M views in the 13 videos posted for the Liverpool game. It has been only 5 hours.

Time to get a new villa in Ibiza.

NHale

It's hilarious that no one on the 'cast' gets paid to be in videos.

The regulars like DT, Claude and Troopz get so much more views than the rest that if I were them, I would require a share of the ad money in those videos. They are fools if they are not doing it.

Syder

The regulars like DT, Claude and Troopz get so much more views than the rest that if I were them, I would require a share of the ad money in those videos. They are fools if they are not doing it.
I'd want my ticket and travel cost for away games paid AT LEAST

Can you imagine following Arsenal home & away including Champions League? So much money, so little reward and so much disrespect from the board.

I feel like a nobhead for going to 3 straight away defeats already this season myself.

Arsenal were shambolic but Liverpool's midfield and attack were absolutely spot on today. Henderson and Wijnaldum really got their head out of the hole today and Emre is looking like a real threat in midfield with his consistency. Please sign Emre, forget Juventus' bench!

Gomez was pretty good at RB as well. Karius wasn't tested but dear lord is he worse than Mignolet's nerves, what the hell happened to him? Still not convinced that Moreno should start. Overall, our defense simply wasn't tested enough to get a good gauge of our progress over the last couple of games.

Just hope no one gets injured. Coutinho coming back should make our midfield even more dangerous with Emre and Henderson. We really need another midfielder, winger and center back though. Badly.

Best wishes.

Syder

I love Emre Can; he looks so much better as a roaming playmaker than when he has more defensive duties.

I'm salty my FPL pick, TA-A got benched in 2 consecutive weeks. DAMN YOU, KLOPP!
LLShC.gif

Colombia NT is going to travel to Venezuela in the shit storm political climate

They will go to Cucuta (Border city) by plane, then to San Cristobal Venezuela (Border City) via Bus and play the match. They return on the same day to Cucuta.

Fucking ridiculous

I love Emre Can; he looks so much better as a roaming playmaker than when he has more defensive duties.

I'm salty my FPL pick, TA-A got benched in 2 consecutive weeks. DAMN YOU, KLOPP!
LLShC.gif

Emre Can is a beast.

It's also quite funny because Liverpool didn't really have anyone in midfield with devensive duty in that match. Wijnaldum had a similar free role as Can and was roaming around the pitch, and Henderson is not really a devensive midfielder even though he stayed in the middle most of the time. Liverpool midfield just completely owned Arsenal.

Syder

Emre Can is a beast.

It's also quite funny because Liverpool didn't really have anyone in midfield with devensive duty in that match. Wijnaldum had a similar free role as Can and was roaming around the pitch, and Henderson is not really a devensive midfielder even though he stayed in the middle most of the time. Liverpool midfield just completely owned Arsenal.
Yeah, this is the root of Liverpool's problems with their midfield. Can/Wijnaldum are roaming creative players and Henderson is a box-to-box midfielder.

It's not a mystery why Naby Keïta was top of the shopping list.

Syder

So many transfers in this life
Only one or two will last
You go through all the pain and strife
You turn your back and they're gone so fast
...and they're gone so fast!

MMMMMbappé, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du
Yeah Yeah
MMMMMbappé, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du
Yeah Yeah
2222220867-large.png

Jarnet87

Last year United won three games before the break and then lost three straight games (2 Prem 1 Europa). Let's hope they don't follow the same path.

DBT85

They have their own channels now iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom