• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floody

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Interestingly, Melissa Reddy (has contacts at the club) is now reporting on this as well and she says he's keen on moving here and Monaco haven't rejected our offer (yet).

Yep, that was when I started paying attention as well.

If Monaco decide to negotiate with Liverpool, they will be looking for a total deal worth €100m, according to sources who contacted GFFN.

Damn. Would be a good transfer but doesn't Liverpool have priorities elsewhere?

MikeBison

98% of my desire for us to sign him is to further stick the knife into Arsenal, just for the crack.

Wouldn't be the first time Wenger said a player from Monaco wasn't for sale so they had to drop it. (Martial)

MikeBison

Thankfully most journalists also seem to be saying there's no truth in the Renato Sanches stuff. I'm glad, far too raw. Too much of a risk.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

Yes, yes they do. We desperately need an upgrade on Lovren, and since that bar is so low, it doesn't need to be VVD.

Thankfully most journalists also seem to be saying there's no truth in the Renato Sanches stuff. I'm glad, far too raw. Too much of a risk.

He needs to start and I can't see him being a regular in Liverpool's midfield, particularly if Phil stays.

Copenhagen buying Panathinaikos captain, despite them not wanting to sell. Seems surreal to me, that we can do that. Especially in the state we are in right now. But I guess he really wants to leave Greece.

Floody

Klopp only want Keita and VvD in those positions, seems he's willing to wait another year to try again, instead of move on.
Quality squad depth is also a huge priority too though, we'll at least be good everywhere but defensively with Lemar.

MikeBison

We really, really do. Attack is the only part of our squad that doesn't need any more depth.

Mane and Salah get injured tomorrow.

Who is the quality player replacing them for the game against City?

Chelsea have it right. Hazard injured? It's cool, have Pedro. Bit too defensive? No bother lad, chuck on Willian.

All the top teams have depth. For a couple of years now Liverpool have had a cracking first 11, but ZERO depth.

However you cut it, Origi going out and Lemar going in? Upgrade.

I'm sure they're also working on trying to sort out a defensive signing. But perhaps VVD was really him or no one. Either may, those deals are mutually exclusive. Doing one doesn't negate the other.

I would still be very happy with that. Unless it's a Brazil shirt.

Nah, it's this one

f7c50996b3f64727ad8b9e93097bf15e.jpg

Easily one of the coolest third kits, so I still love it. Plus Diego, if he leaves, was still a fucking legend.

Edit: Which reminds me, why hasn't there been a third kit announced for this season?

Nah, it's this one

f7c50996b3f64727ad8b9e93097bf15e.jpg

Easily one of the coolest third kits, so I still love it. Plus Diego, if he leaves, was still a fucking legend.

Edit: Which reminds me, why hasn't there been a third kit announced for this season?

I have Dave on that one 😎

I have Costa on my home shirt. As long as he doesn't end up at another English club I don't mind. I have a few shirts with names on: Dave, JT, Lampard, Costa, drogba, willy, matic, mata, hazard… might have an oscar one somewhere. Only one I'm annoyed at leaving is mata, don't mind matic going to united so much either

Hoping the next 3 days of the window are going to be mad and we get a few players.

Also Liverpool going for Lemar… spend that money on your back line Peter (or a defensive coach)

sammex

Liverpool are one injury away from crisis. I don't get why people don't understand that. Lallana is out, Coutinho is injury prone and pur front three's only backup is Sturridge and maybe Origi on form.

It's not even about the bench. Lamar comes in, Wijnaldum gets pushed to bench. We have so many games this season and have a frail team, just look at last season for reference and we didn't have Europe.

Best wishes.

Totally agree with this.

Plus we can use Lemar in midfield in the same way as Lallana, then start to phase Lallana out as he's pushing 30 and picks up his fair share of injuries. Lemar offers that dribbling ability to help transition from defence to attack, similar to Coutinho.

Cappa

Banned
Yarmolenko to Dortmund is a great signing. A solid replacement for dembele.

Asensio is gonna be insanely good isn't he?

Out of Asensio, Mbappe and Dembele, who's gonna win the Ballon D'or first?
Out of the three, only Asensio has been doing it for longer.

Mbappe had like only 4-5 good months. Dembele had a solid season but nothing on the level of Mbappe and Asensio.

The only one certain to have a greater career based on a larger sample size at the highest of levels is Asensio. To early to tell with Mbappe and Dembele.
like 99.8% of the clubs?
Na not really there are plenty of small time clubs that aren't selling clubs. Dortmund, Sevilla and Monaco have always been that's their bread and butter.

slider

98% of my desire for us to sign him is to further stick the knife into Arsenal, just for the crack.

Wouldn't be the first time Wenger said a player from Monaco wasn't for sale so they had to drop it. (Martial)

Fucking Wenger acts like it's money coming out of his own bank account. Understand his reluctance but c'mon, man.

MikeBison

Worth mentioning Liverpool play every 2.8 days on average in September. Well worth having cover for Mane'a hamstrings. Plus, he can play in midfield too.

Markitron

Worth mentioning Liverpool play every 2.8 days on average in September. Well worth having cover for Mane'a hamstrings. Plus, he can play in midfield too.

Good signing alright, just desperately need a new CB more.

sammex

Exclusive: Liverpool make second bid of £64.6m for Monaco's Thomas Lemar as they push to complete transfer

Liverpool have increased their offer for Monaco’s Thomas Lemar to more than 70million euros (£64.6million) and are now pushing hard for a deal to be completed before the transfer window closes.

As revealed exclusively by Telegraph Sport on Sunday evening an initial bid of 60million euros (£55million) for the French international was rejected by Monaco earlier this summer but Liverpool have returned with the improved bid and are aware that Lemar would like to leave.

Sources in France claimed that bid is now at more than 70million euros although Monaco have insisted all summer that they will not sell Lemar. They have already rejected offers from Arsenal while Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur have also shown interest

If Lemar did join Liverpool it would be a significant embarrassment for Arsenal in particular, who have shown the greatest interest, with their manager Arsene Wenger declaring that any attempt to sign him during this window as “dead”.

Also, however, if there is any indication that Monaco might sell then other clubs, Chelsea in particular, make make counter-offers which will drive up the price for Lemar.

Liverpool’s offer, which would smash their transfer record, does not mean that the club are re-considering whether they should sell Philippe Coutinho, who is desperate to leave, to Barcelona.

casiopao

this is why you dont buy named shirts for clubs that are known for selling.

Lol. There is no such thing as guaranteed player staying for life lol.

Bonucci literally just moves out suddenly. And now, Munich resident Muller is rumoured to be moving out too lol.

Empty

if liverpool can swap coutinho for lemar and then pocket 50-70m in the process then they've mugged everyone off

i realize they are saying they aren't selling coutinho but that sounds like a club aggressively briefing to stop what happened to barca with replacing neymar happening to them.

Markitron

Talking bout the Ballon D'or, who will be the first to win it other than Messi and Ronaldo?

Neymar?

I think he will need a mega World Cup or for PSG to win the CL. He's not gonna get a whole lot of attention in the French League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom