• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHale

Honestly there are some positives United fans can take from this match.

Mou can make this team work.

At the same thing the only thing they can take from this game is that Fellaini should be a starter while keeping Rashford, Mata or Martial on the bench while playing Lingard.

Yeah that was absolutely terrible. That miss was much worse than Lukaku's, where the ball was coming to him quite quickly so was hard to keep the shot down.

I can't see anything changing next season. Utd don't have any goals in them. All they've done is replaced one goalscorer (Zlatan) with another (Lukaku).

I can see the same shit as last season where they struggle to beat bottom table teams...

Or maybe they could change the system and start using their offensive weapons instead of playing wingers that defend better than they attack.

Audioboxer

At the same thing the only thing they can take from this game is that Fellaini should be a starter while keeping Rashford, Mata or Martial on the bench while playing Lingard.

image.php

Beefy

Have you honestly not noticed how often he uses superlatives?

Exceptional
Phenomenal
World class
Unplayable
Outstanding
Amazing
Unbelievable

He uses one of these words every 30 seconds, often to describe the most mundane actions. It's so fucking annoying.

I try to shut the BT commentary out, now I keep noticing the long pauses after he says 3 words

RocknRola

Is....is....is Ramos using a damn topknot!? lol

Yeah that was absolutely terrible. That miss was much worse than Lukaku's, where the ball was coming to him quite quickly so was hard to keep the shot down.

I can't see anything changing next season. Utd don't have any goals in them. All they've done is replaced one goalscorer (Zlatan) with another (Lukaku).

I can see the same shit as last season where they struggle to beat bottom table teams...

Yeah, the attacking production didn't change all that much. No new attacking players on the midfield or the wings. Which is weird, considering that ManU's biggest problem was just that last year. Lukaku alone won't change all that much. Zlatan already scored plenty of goals.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I try to shut the BT commentary out, now I keep noticing the long pauses after he says 3 words

Your gonna notice it soon, it's even worse than the long pauses

NHale

Yeah, the attacking production didn't change all that much. No new attacking players on the midfield or the wings. Which is weird, considering that ManU's biggest problem was just that last year. Lukaku alone won't change all that much. Zlatan already scored plenty of goals.

If only Ed Woodward had given Mourinho the player that would solve all issues: Ivan Fucking Perisic!!!

Right now I'm starting to believe that Mourinho will panic before the deadline and bring another world class player: Ross Barkley!

Zasa

Fellaini has been excellent. Can hold-up play like Zlatan, aerially dominat, hard worker, powerful & rarely gets pushed off the ball. Just the perfect late game sub.

Reason why Mou loves the guy. Such an underrated squad player.

OCD Guy

Or maybe they could change the system and start using their offensive weapons instead of playing wingers that defend better than they attack.

Yeah, but to be honest I blame Mourinho and his tactics.

I mean look how far back Rashford has to play. He literally acts like a wingback. I don't think Rashford is suited out wide anyway, he is more of a poacher in my opinion, or someone that can make runs in behind. He's quick but can't do much else. Out wide you need people that can beat a man, and cross or make a killer pass, and Rashford for me is not that.

I think he should give Martial a proper run to be honest. He's not had a chance to get a bit of form going. It was the same thing with Isco, now I'm not saying they're the same in terms of ability, but Isco was getting slated as he'd make bit part appearances and play shit. At one point people wanted shot of him. It was only when he was given a proper chance that he shone.

The thing is Mourinho has his favourites, and he likes people that ask "how high?" when he says "jump". If the likes of Mbappe came to UTD he'd end up disappearing too if I'm honest lol

acohrs

Actually matic has played better in the last ten minutes than i saw him play for a long time with Chelsea, especially attacking

Kill3r7

Yeah, but to be honest I blame Mourinho and his tactics.

I mean look how far back Rashford has to play. He literally acts like a wingback.

I think he should give Martial a proper run to be honest. He's not had a chance to get a bit of form going.

Agreed.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This United team is what I would imagine it would look like if you gave Tony Pulis a 1 billion pound budget.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Deserved win by Real. It should have been an even bigger difference in score.

United had only 4 decent players tonight: De Gea, Matic, Fellaini and Valencia.

Audioboxer

Real will win even without Ronaldo. Mou will park the bus and lose 1 or 2-0. Maybe 2-1 if we're lucky.

Real Madrid just has a far better squad. Their game to lose. Poor Mata is going to have been in 3 Super Cups and lost 3.

Pls start Fellaini Mou for maximum outrage.

LOL, but, dat RM attacking quality can get through anything.

What do I win?

RIP Mata, 3 Super Cups 3 losses.

OCD Guy

Matic setting him free of his defensive duties has really shown his qualities.

Exactly. I think people were just hopeful.

Some people forget that no one playing under Mourinho is ever going to be free of defensive duties lol

Pogba has a much different role to what he had at Juve, plus let's face it he was playing with high quality team mates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom